MembersZone Subscriber

Default FDNY written answers posted

Just a heads up to all those who took the FDNY written, the answers have been posted. I thought I aced the test, but I got 2 wrong. I got 43 and 50 wrong. Id be interested to find out if anyone else got the same questions wrong. Good luck to all those job hunting and Happy New Year!

http://nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/examkeys.html

MembersZone Subscriber

I thought I aced it also but missed 1 . #60. Im interested if you have heard anything about how many people actually took it. At my test site there was less than 500, but I dont know how many sites there were.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not sure how many people actually showed up for the thing. I heared the practical will be sometime in July. I'm not waiting around though. I'm headed off to test in Colorado in 2 weeks. Good luck to you & stay safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Checked my answers too

I was a bit disappointed, I got three answers wrong, and I also got #50 wrong. I had C down. Still psyched though and trying to focus on the physical part of the test.

MembersZone Subscriber

I also put C for #50. Are you going to protest any of your answers?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hadn't planned on it...

I cannot really say that I remember which question that was, so it's kind of weird that there's a protest period over answers without remembering what question it is.

I hope I'm not naive to think that appx. 96% is a good to excellent score. I've tried to find out (without much luck) what is an approximate score on the written for guys who recently got hired.

Have you found anything out, and do you remember what that question was that we both got wrong?

MembersZone Subscriber

If you want to get hired i do not think that protesting a question would be in your best interest.
    GFIRE

MembersZone Subscriber

I did not take it but several guys from my dept took it and they seem to think if you didn't ace it you don't stand much of a chance. Just what I've been told.
    If a fire is an emergency to the fire department, who do they call?

MembersZone Subscriber

Look at it this way in my prep class the instructor told us that every wrong answer was worth approx. 500 names on the list and who knows how many people got the 5 extra pts, military pts and the legacy pts' not to mention the people who got 5pts for living in the city but dont actually live there. But best of luck to all. prepare for the physical its a little rough if you arent prepared..

Cool

Didn't waste my money on a prep class and I got a 100.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well your just the MAN arent you!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Passing Grade?

Does anyone know what the passing grade was for the written test. They kept saying it was to be determined, I was wondering if it had been yet

MembersZone Subscriber

I havent heard what the passing grade is but if you passed you should be getting a letter from the FDNY about the physical.
    P.S. I don't know if anyone who took the recent test took the one in feb.1999 but the physical has changed from what i've heard. GOOD LUCK TOO ALL!

MembersZone Subscriber

Do you have an oral interview with FDNY or is it just the written test and the physical test?

MembersZone Subscriber

You get a packet if you get a 100% on the physical fill it out and then they will call you when they get to your list number, Just make sure that the ENTIRE packet along with all the required documentation completed. After you bring your paperwork down, they'll assign you an investigator as well as a date for your medical and phsyc.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Physical Test

I'm going for the familiarization session next Friday, so maybe they'll answer it then. My question is, to get a 100% is it simply passing each of the events of the Physical test or is it ranked by how well you complete each thing?

MembersZone Subscriber

There is a time for each event you have to finish the event in the alotted time. If you get through all of them you will get a 100% A word of advice - RUN ALOT... Good luck

Thread Information