Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Breathing Apparatus Safety line

I am a Fire Officer From Scotland and have designed a Firefighters safety line to assist Fire crews retrace their way out of large buildings in smoke and darkness. The design has been endorsed by fire crews and will hopefully be adopted by all of the United Kingdom Fire authorities. It is simple and easy to understand and will be a great benefit to fire crews throughout the world. More information on the design is available from www.simfireandsafety.com and I would appreciate any comments or opinions on this subject.

MembersZone Subscriber SteveDude's Avatar

Firescot, looks like a great bit of kit.

The Gillender street incident where the 2 Firefighters were killed that you refer to on the site was on our Stations ground. I did not attend the incident but remember it well and I rememeber touring the building a few days later.

Have you approached London with this peice of kit? I would be interested in their response. Although we are the 'worlds third biggest Department' I sometimes think we are a 'third world Department'

Excellent innovative kit, good luck.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for your comments and your support, Steve.
    The most important thing about the design is that Firefighters think it's much better than what they use at the moment.
    I know this may seem like common sense to you, but if something is better, safer and easier to understand than the equipment we use, then surely we should be using it now. I believe that the main hold up on The UK Fire Brigades taking this up is the strike ( I can't be on the picket line and push this at the same time) but when it is resolved and we get the wages we are due, I will be knocking on the doors of the people who make the decisions and challenging them to take it on.

MembersZone Subscriber SteveDude's Avatar

All the best, Hopefully we may have seen some light at the end of the tunnel as far as the strike goes. Keep me posted regarding the line. Have you spoken to Paul grimwwod about it? he runs the firetactics site. If you click the link to my site you will see a link to'Fireifghting tactics' on the main page.

Mail him, he is well into Firefighter safety.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Thread Information