St. Petersburg Times--Hernando Today

Man escapes trailer blaze
By Times staff writer
St. Petersburg Times
published December 30, 2002
----------------------------

BROOKSVILLE -- An electrical short is blamed for a fire that gutted a 30-foot Honey travel trailer in Cloverleaf on Sunday morning.

Brooksville Fire Department responded shortly after 7:30 a.m. to Cyril Hollister's trailer at 910 N. Broad Street, Lot 422, said Capt. Dennis Wilfong. Hollister and his cat escaped unscathed. The fire was under control in about 15 minutes.

The state fire marshal noted that Hollister used a space heater during the chilly night and morning, but ruled out the heater as the cause of the fire. Instead, Wilfong said, evidence points to an electrical short in the trailer's main power panel.