TAMPA TRIBUNE

Contained Kitchen Fire Sparks 2-Alarm Response
Published: Dec 31, 2002

ST. PETERSBURG - A kitchen fire in a condominium Monday morning drew a two-alarm response from city firefighters.

A woman at Unit 303-B at the Racquet Club, 4651 First St. N.E., told officials that the 10:42 a.m. blaze began while she was boiling eggs and left a towel on the stove, Fire Chief James Large said.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, but 11 residents were evacuated as a precaution. The second alarm was called because of the complex's size, Large said. The woman was not injured.