Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default 2003 Public Relations Seminar

For those of you who might have missed it in December, we will again be presenting "Public Relations for the Fire & Emergency Services" March 29 & 30, 2003 at the Montgomery County (PA) Fire Academy.

The 16 hour seminar is designed for emergency services personnel who come into the most contact with the media, public, businesses and government. Students will come away with a new awareness of the need for an ongoing public relations program.

Sessions include: "Defining & Planning Public Relations"; "Building Business Coalitions"; "Writting Effective Press Releases"; "Dealing with the Media on Scene"; & "Designing Audio Visual Presentations". All sessions are interactive and designed for class participation.

For more information and registration please contact the fire academy at 610-278-3500.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

Forum Member

Thumbs up Looking forward to media relations banter

Now I see why I went into media relations. There's no shortage of devoted, energetic individuals out there that can't get enough of this stuff. Look forward to talking with many of you out there, both public safety and non-public safety...and sharing ideas.

Fraternally,
    R.Sprewell
    Los Angeles County Fire Dept.
    L.os Angeles, CA.
    Public Affairs Section
    www.rsprewel@lacofd.org
    Last edited by nubianknight; 01-13-2003 at 07:44 PM.

R.Sprewell:

Do you have a standard form you use at scenes that I could use in my PR class to show the students?

We hold one session on working with the media on scene and it would be great to see if you have something pre-printed that's a fill-in-the-blank form.

I have one from the Philly fire department but I'm curious if you use on out there on the left coast.

Thanx.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

Thread Information