Thread: license plates

Forum Member

Default license plates

well it seems that there is alot of fire departments with license plates. at our department and many around we dont have plates all we have is a plate that says the truck number ex. 1w41 but as i been looking at internet pictures i see many with regular plates. anyone have any idea why some do and some dont or is it just a thing that dept does or maybe a state regulation but i wouldnt think it as a state regulation cause im in ohio and we dont run plates but there is some other ohio depts. that have license plates
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Temporarily/No Longer Active

i have no clue. the plates on our fire trucks are the regular ones that everyone else has and at the bottom it says municipal.

Forum Member

In TX all government vehicles (utility, ambulances, fire trucks, police vehicles, etc.)have license plates with six numbers, and state "EXEMPT" at the bottom.
    Texas DSHS EMT-B, NREMT-B

Forum Member

We dont have any official license plates just ones that are lettered with "DIAL 911", but some depts. have the ones the state issues that say 1-800-GRAB-DUI. No idea why some have regular plates

Robert

HNFC FF/President

All Fire Engines, Rescues, Ladders, etc have State municiple license plates. Since they're vehicles that are used to serve the municipalities.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Forum Member

In my department, the trucks have normal license plates on the back. One truck has a blue Municipal License plate, and I believe that the rest have red Emergency Vehicle License plates. I am not sure why that individual truck has the municipal over emergency, ... Also the trucks have a license plate on the front of the truck that says the truck's unit number and name. (First out engine is called "The Workhorse," I guess because it is first out, and then there is "Tower", "Rescue", "Tele-Squirt", "Fire Police"). These are the same style as the license plates that we get for our POV's, with the exception that our POV's have the department name curved-up on top, a maltese cross in the middle, and then either "Fire Department", or "Assistant Chief" or "Chief" curved-down on the bottom.
    Any statements I have made are my statements, and my statements alone.

Our License Plates just say "FIRE" on all of them. I think Tanker 21 at Station 2 might have a plate on front that say's T-21 with an American flag, but the rest are just "FIRE."

MembersZone Subscriber

In ohio, I think the state laws read something like you have to display at least a 4 inch by 4 inch sticker identifying who you are, otherwise you have to have municipal (county) license plates. All of our vehicles are clearly labeled, and we make our license plates in house. They are generic with E-1, E-2, Q-1, M-5, M-6, etc on them, so that we can keeep track of vehicles for maintenance and mechanical purposes.

we have state firefighter plates, we also have special plates for emt's and rescue squad members. if u want to get one u have to have your chief sign it though. other than that no individual department has thier own plates.
    never forget 343 FDNY
    in memory of 40 ENGINE/35 TRUCK
    normal people spend their life's avoiding intense situations.....a fireman's life is an intence situation.

All of our fire trucks have restricted plates, all the letters and numbers are black and it says restricted alon the botom. all of our members recive free nova scotia firefighter plates wich are all red.
    Always Remember:
    FireFighters Never Die,
    They Just Eat Smoke and Breath Fire!

Smile

All station vehicles say "FIRE" and underneath in blue lettering say "tax exempt".

Thread Information