Thread: World Of Fire Report: 01-02-03
01-06-2003, 08:09 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 01-02-03
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Thursday, January 02, 2003
· BROCKTON, MA: Working fire at 96 Crestfield Dr. House fire. *154.31* [TAC9-C105]. 2:25a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – BROCKTON, MA: 96 Crestfield Dr. House fire. *154.31* [TAC9-C105]. 2:26a.m.
· Update - BROCKTON, MA: 2nd Alarm 96 Crestfield Drive. Fire in a 1.5-story wood frame dwelling - well involved. Exterior attack. Companies using large lines. Request for EMS. *154.310* C105 O/S [TAC9-C461]. 2:39a.m.
· STLFN: MADISON (MADISON Co.), IL: House fire across from 1111 Greenwood. Unconfirmed report of persons trapped inside. [STL810]. 4:27a.m.
· STLFN: Update - MADISON (MADISON Co.), IL: House fire across from 1111 Greenwood: Reported to be well involved. Unconfirmed report of persons trapped. Mutual Aid from Mitchell FD. [STL810]. 4:47a.m.
· WINDHAM, ME: Working fire at 1 Pattengale Rd off Rt.302. Dryer fire with some extension in 1 room of a single story wood frame home. *154.220* [TAC9-C31]. 6:31a.m.
· STLFN: Update - MADISON (MADISON Co.), IL: Fire at 1111 Greenwood: Fire under control. Fire extended to house next door. Unconfirmed report of 1 fatality & 1 other injury. State Fire Marshal en-route. [STL810]. 6:34a.m.
· NEW BRUNSWICK (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: Overnight *2nd Alarm fire* in a building on French St. Red Cross to scene for displaced victims. [EAN434-503]. 6:47a.m.
· ARUNDEL, ME: MVA on Rt.1 in front of Fritz's. (2) cars head-on several trapped with serious injury. (2) Rescues from Kennebunk FD M/A. *453.025* [TAC9-C31]. 7:35a.m.
· Update – ARUNDEL, ME: MVA on Rt.1 by Fritz's. OIC requesting 2nd set of Jaws from Kennebunk FD. (3) people trapped. Very serious injury. Rt.1 is closed. *453.025* [TAC9-C31]. 7:37a.m.
· STLFN: GODFREY (MADISON Co.), IL: Godfrey FD is on scene of a garage fire at 5205 Williams Pl. NFI ATT. [STL997]. 11:23a.m.
· STLFN: WATERLOO (MONROE Co.), IL: Waterloo FD is on scene of a farm equipment shed on fire on Bushy Prairie Rd. NFI ATT. [STL997]. 11:24a.m.
· STLFN: Update - WATERLOO (MONROE Co.), IL: Waterloo FD’s large farm equipment shed fire at 5044 Bushy Prairie Rd. Maestown FD & Columbia FD’s responded Mutual Aid. [STL997]. 11:33a.m.
· STLFN: U/D WATERLOO (MONROE Co.), IL: Waterloo FD’s large shed fire @5044 Bushy Prairie Rd. Columbia FD and Waterloo FD put in calls for additional manpower to respond to the scene. (STL 835,997). 12:32p.m.
· SCOTLAND, CT: MVA on Route 14 and Route 97 with entrapment. Jaws working. Lifestar requested. L/Z is the scene. CT19 [TAC9-C101]. 12:44p.m.
· PROVIDENCE RI: Working fire in the 1400 block of Wesminister St. Reported dryer fire in a commercial 1-story Laundromat. OIC reports a heavy smoke condition. 1 line in operation and fire knocked down. *151.220* C319 [TAC9-C06]. 1:17p.m.
· NATICK, MA: Working fire on Cochituate St. A house with fire on floor 2. *154.205* [TAC9-C520]. 1:33p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - NATICK, MA: 27 Cochituate St. A building with fire on the second floor. *154.205* C768 [TAC9-C520]. 1:37p.m.
· Update - NATICK, MA: 2nd Alarm at 27 Cochituate St. Apartment building fire on floor 2 in one unit - now knocked down. Companies overhauling. *154.205* C87/C768 [TAC9-C520]. 1:45p.m.
· SWANSEA, MA: MVA at 751 Hortonville Rd. Reported entrapment. Request for the Jaws and Medflight to the scene. OIC reports 1 traumatic arrest. EMS transporting via ground. *470.5375* C461 [TAC9-C06]. 2:48p.m.
· HOWARD (MONTCALM Co.), MI: *2nd Alarm* 8250 North Federal x M-46. Fire in a large commercial building. Building houses a wood chip factory. M/A from Sand Lake in Kent County. [FNNM-498,400] (c) 2003. 3:46p.m.
· WARWICK, RI: Working fire on Hillard Ave. 1 room fire in an occupied cape. Fire knocked down. PWH. *154.31* [TAC9-C304]. 4:06p.m.
· EASTON, MA: Working fire at 229 Poquanticut Ave. Structure fire. Sharon & Mansfield to the scene. Mutual Aid to cover. *471.175* C51/C742 [TAC9-C520]. 4:12p.m.
· HOLLISTON, MA: Pedestrian Stuck at 101 Central St. Request for ALS to the scene. Medflight 3 responding to the Lutheran Church L/Z. *470.475* C20/C520/C461/C768 [TAC9-C158]. 4:33p.m.
· Incident Command -- PHOENIX, AZ -- 2nd Alarm structure 1650 E. Cambridge Ave. Working Apartment fire with an explosion and several burn patients transported to Burn Unit at Maricopa County Hospital. [ICP242,963]. 4:37p.m.
· Update - HOLLISTON, MA: Pedestrian struck at 101 Central St. Medflight 3 en-route back to Boston Medical Center. *470,475* C20/C520/C461/C768 [TAC9-C158]. 4:50p.m.
· KINGSTON, MA: MVA at 15 Wapping Road. (3) 10-45's with entrapment. Jaws working. M/A from Duxbury. C15 [TAC9-C768]. 5:31p.m.
· OXFORD, CT: MVA at 152 Oxford Rd. 2 car MVA. Request for the Jaws. CT151/697 [TAC9-C51]. 5:46p.m.
· STLFN: ST.CLAIR Co., IL: Camp Jackson FD is on scene of a house fire @ # 18 E. Adams St. Cahokia and Prairie Dupont FD’s responded M/A. (STL 835). 5:52p.m.
· STLFN: ST. CLAIR Co., IL: Update on Camp Jackson FD’s house fire @ # 18 E. Adams St. Small fire in the attic - fire is now under control. Co.'s overhauling. *FINAL* (STL 835). 5:55p.m.
· NEW LONDON, CT: Working fire at 242 Nautalias Dr. Fire in an Apartment building. Fire floor 2. *453.900* [TAC9-C304]. 6:10p.m.
· Update - OXFORD, CT: MVA at 152 Oxford Rd. Now requesting Lifestar. L/Z is Oxford Center School. CT151/179/697. [TAC9-C51]. 6:19p.m.
· Update - NEW LONDON, CT: Working fire at 242 Nautilas Dr. Fire now knocked down – PWH. *453.900* [TAC9-C304]. 6:26p.m.
· Update - LEBANON, ME: Working fire at 15 Chickadee Lane. Milton Engine 5 reports heavy fire on floor 2 and into the attic. House is 2-story 24x32 with a breeze way and attached 24x24 garage. Tanker shuttle being set up. C381/C603 [TAC9-C101]. 7:04p.m.
· NORTHBORO, MA: Working fire on Edmonds Way. Fire top floor and attic of a 2.5-story wood frame. Bulk of the fire is knocked down. Companies checking for extension. M/A to cover. *154.445* C304 [TAC9-C51]. 7:04p.m.
· LEBANON, ME: Working fire at 15 Chickadee Lane. C2 reports an attic fire in a 2-story cape with an attached garage. Several towns M/A to work & cover. *460.550* C381 [TAC9-C101]. 7:04p.m.
· Update - LEBANON, ME: Working fire at 15 Chickadee Lane. Milton C1 reports the Milton Companies have the heavy fire knocked down. Continuing M/A Tankers. Fire is a PWH. *460.550* C381/C603 [TAC9-C101]. 7:05p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - JEFFERSON, NH: on Owls Head Road. Reported to be an occupied farmhouse. M/A to work & cover. *154.355* C220/C520 [TAC9-C101]. 8:29p.m.
· SAN BERNARDINO, CA: 2nd Alarm: 2659 West 2nd St. Apartment structure with 4 units involved. [FIREPAGE (R) LA-1R]. 9:22p.m.
· HARTFORD, CT: MVA on Farmington Ave @ Laurel Street. Reported multi-car. Jaws working. CT9096/CT697 [TAC9-C20]. 9:40p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box-7998 at 99-11 57Ave. Fire on the top floor and into the cockloft of a 7-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. [EAN301]. 9:45p.m.
· CANTON, MA: Working fire on High Street. Railroad Bridge. Smoke showing from bridge. OIC request foam to the scene. *453.525* C15/C105 [TAC9-C461]. 9:47p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 22-7998 *2nd Alarm* at 99-11 57 Ave x 99 St. Fire on the top floor of a 7-story 150x50 building. Fire into the cockloft. Numerous people in distress on top floor - making rescue via Ladder. [MNS-154/342]*. 9:48p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 22-7998 *2nd Alarm* at 99-11 57 Ave x 99 St. Fire on the top floor of a 7-story 150 x 50. Fire into the cockloft. 2 lines stretched operating. 3rd line being stretched. Main body of fire knocked down. Additional Truck S/C above 2nd Alarm. [MNS-154/342]*. 9:56p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for January 2, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (email@example.com)
Columbus FD: W/F 278 North 17th St. Bulk of fire K/D. Holding all companies. Still heavy smoke conditions. FPO/276/D260 ©
Cleveland FD: W/F 1090 Haldane. BN 6 reports fire in a 2.5 sty house. Cos: Eng 31, 40, Lad 31, Squad 3, & BN 6. Eng 30 - Worker. Lad 30 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 1497 Gerrard Ave. Eng 25 reports heavy fire in 1 sty apt bldg. Cos: Eng 25, 51, 7, Lad 13, 1, Res71enG, Med 25, BN 1, 3. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 1497 Gerrard Ave. RIC: Eng 9, Med 7, EMS 11, Chief 50. Fire K/D. Holding Eng 25, 7, Lad 1, Med 25, BN 3. Utilities & Red Cross S/C'd. FPO/D260 ©
Elyria FD (Lorain): Rescue Run at Cascade Park on West River Rd. Eng 3 requesting Res 31, 30, Lad 7 for unknown type rescue near Maintenance Garage. FPO/D703 ©
Cleveland FD: W/F 2273 East 86. BN 1 reports a 2.5 sty house with heavy smoke showing. Cos: Eng 17, 10, Lad 10, squad 1, & BN 1. Eng 9 - Worker. Lad 17 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
--- Pages Today: 6
--- Pages YTD: 34
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
London Fire Brigade Daily Report
02 Jan 03
0143 H35 Tooting Persons reported fire at 59 Endlesham Rd, 2-sty private dwelling 5m x 12m, 1st flr fire using 1 hosereel, 2 civilians rescued from 2nd story via ground ladder w/smoke inhalation.
Runs for the day: 521
Runs for the year: 1248
LOS ANGELES, CA:
GREATER ALARM STRUCTURE FIRE:
On Thursday, January 02, 2003 at 0542 Hours (5:42 AM PST), nine Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, three LAFD Rescue Ambulances and two Chief Officer Command Teams, all under the direction of 5th Battalion Commander Craig Fry responded to a Greater Alarm Structure Fire at 1022 North Van Ness Avenue in Hollywood. The first Company to arrive on scene reported a large two-story public school with a second floor classroom well involved with fire. Firefighters using handlines mounted a swift and aggressive interior assault on the flames. With the aid of precise vertical ventilation, they were able to confine the fire to the one classroom at the Santa Monica Boulevard Elementary School, extinguishing the flames in just 18 minutes. There were no injuries. Loss from the fire is estimated at $50,000. The cause of this blaze is under active investigation.
REPORT PREPARED BY:
Yours in Safety and Service,
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room OCD - E423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
View ScanMan's (Scott's) photos: just click on the website link below:
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
Covering the Miami Florida area.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)