FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Thumbs up Application For A Night Out With The Boys

APPLICATION FOR A NIGHT OUT WITH THE BOYS
    Name of Boyfriend/Fianc้/Husband:

I request permission for a leave of absence from the highest authority in my life for the following period:

Date: Time of departure: Time of return
    NOT to exceed:

Should permission be granted, I do solemnly swear to only visit the locations stated below, at the stated times. I agree to refrain from hitting on or flirting with other women. I shall not even speak to another female, except as expressly permitted in writing below. I will not turn off my mobile after two pints, nor shall I consume above the allowed volume of alcohol without first phoning for a taxi AND calling you for a verbal waiver of said alcohol allowance. I understand that even if permission is granted to go out, my girlfriend/fianc้/wife retains the right to be ****ed off with me the following week for no valid reason whatsoever.

Amount of alcohol allowed (units) Beer Wine Liquor Total

Locations to be visited Location: From: To:

Females with whom
    conversation is permitted

IMPORTANT – STRIPPER CLAUSE: Notwithstanding the female contact permitted above, I promise to refrain from coming within one hundred (100) feet of a stripper or exotic dancer. Violation of this Stripper Clause shall be grounds for immediate termination of the relationship.

I acknowledge my position in life. I know who wears the trousers in our relationship, and I agree it’s not me. I promise to abide by your rules & regulations. I understand that this is going to cost me a fortune in chocolates & flowers. You reserve the right to obtain and use my credit cards whenever you wish to do so. I hereby promise to take you to a Michael Bolton concert, should I not return home by the approved time. On my way home, I will not pick a fight with any stranger, nor shall I conduct in depth discussions with the said entity. Upon my return home, I promise not to urinate anywhere other than in the toilet. In addition, I will refrain from waking you up, breathing my vile breath in your face, and attempting to breed like a (drunken) rabbit.

I declare that to the best of my knowledge (of which I have none compared to my BETTER half), the above information is correct.

Signed - Boyfriend/Fianc้/Husband:

-------------------------------------

Request is APPROVED DENIED

This decision is not negotiable. If approved, cut permission slip below and carry at all times.

………………………………………………………………………

Permission for my boyfriend/fianc้/husband to be away for the following period of time:

Date: Time of departure: Time of return:

Signed - Girlfriend/Fianc้/Wife:
    Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 01-06-2003 at 01:42 PM.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

Hmmmmmmmm, me thinks you posted this in the wrong spot.........shouldn't it be in "The Big D thread"?

Personally I see nothing wrong with this at all........maybe we should adapt it somewhat and make one up for strippers in the Firehall or on the trucks?

Forum Member

Hey! How did you get a copy of this from my wife?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

I have printed this and will make copies.

She has to know everything.

You need to add a call clause.

Such as location to be visited will be considered null and void in the event of a fire call. Assuming I have not been drinking and am in close enough proximity to respond timely and safely.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I also made a copy and fired it around the office via email... However, methinks that perhaps you have had "Splain'n to do" at some time in the past. (As I am sure we have all had at one time or another)
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

You forgot to add that you have to sign this sort of thing in blood
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Forum Member

Kind of a pint for a pint thing. Hey Martin, how did things wind up for ya'll? It has pretty much fallen off of the news over on this side of the pond.

Sr. Information Officer

Wink Furthermore........

I also submit to wearing a GPS tracking device upon my person and a TASER device upon my privates, so that in the case of my being "out of position", according to predetermined routes expressed in writing, I shall be subject to small 40,000 volt charges, designed to correct course and bring me back in line with those aforementioned routes.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Personally I see nothing wrong with this at all
    I don't have a problem with it either. Just so long as NO ONE attempts to drive home afterwards. It doesn't matter what time it is, call for a ride. I don't have a problem with that. I keep bio haz bags in my car just for that reason

Actually I encourage the men folk to go out with their friends, male or female. It makes no difference. In my mind you either trust them or you don't. It's that simple. If you don't why would you be with them?

Saying that you trust the boyfriend/fiancee/husband, but you don't trust the women or the people that they are going out with (heard this from other women I know) is nothing more then a copout and an attempt to hide their own insecurities.

Men are not pets. They should not be kept on leashes. Or be guilted into giving the woman they are with a running commontary of EVERY last thing they did, where they went, who they went with, when they got back etc. That is completely childish, and if they are really that needy they might want to look at the state of their own self esteem, or at the very least go find some friends of their own. Smothering is not love.

btw... this thread is hilarious, but if any of you actually do suffer like this. I am SOOOOOO sorry.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think some of my friend's wives must have a copy of this and must use it often. Damn I'm glad my wife is cool as hell.

I've been married 8 years, have 3 small boys, and hang out with my buddies on a regular basis. I'm off every other Sunday, and on those Sundays during the NFL season I spend the day with my family. Around 7:30 or 8:00pm, just before the night game comes on, I go to a predetermined buddy's house. I have her blessing to stay the night, get drunk as hell, enjoy the company of my good friend's, with two rules...DO NOT DRIVE ANYWHERE and DO NOT CALL ME TO COME AND GET YOU!!

She also, for the last 2 years, has graciously allowed me to go on an out-of-state golf trip with 16 friends, missing my birthday and our anniversary (2 days apart). My friends hold her in very high regard.

I would never sign a deal like that nor would she expect me to. Oh yeah, I also tell her if and when I've been to strip bars. It's all about trust. Believe me, she gets nights out with the girls too. I'm all for equal opportunity.

Good Day!
    Lt. D. Gordon
    Greendale Fire Department
    Greendale, IN

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

So where does the Notary Public stamp and sign it?
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Default Cahones in Freezer?

Does any one else have to ask permission to get your man parts out of the freezer prior to going out with the boys or is it just a local thing for me?
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office
    ------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones who learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

Forum Member

Oh no it is not just you.

They lovingly call me leash at my dept., because my old lady thinks she needs to know everything I do.
    Proud to be IACOJ Illinois Chapter--Deemed "Crustworthy" Jan, 2003

Sr. Information Officer

Unhappy

Originally posted by Temptaker
    btw... this thread is hilarious, but if any of you actually do suffer like this. I am SOOOOOO sorry.
    I've seen this situation over and over again...in my municipal department AND among the wildland firefighters, who might be on fires for days, rather than hours. The spouse needs to know where they were, every minute of the response.....and why they didn't come home right away.

This is common...not the exception. And it's not funny...it's sad. Some of these women need to get a life, trust their men....and loosen the leash.

I was working 12 fires from a lookout tower....for 54 hours straight...and my lady wanted to know why I couldn't come home.

Are you kidding?
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

You know there is a remedy for guys with this problem, It's called, take the pants back and get a divorce, and then go find a real woman. OK a little harsh, but you know what it worked for me, my new wife is very understanding about the need for a man to be out with the boys.

Well it's not THAT bad for me any more! When the kid came along, a lot of her attention got locked onto him, thank god.
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office
    ------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones who learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

Forum Member

My ex and I had a wonderful working agreement. I got one night a week out with the boys and she got one night a week out with the boys.

Forum Member

I'll say one thing about my ex wifes cooking though, cured that damn dog from begging at the table.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

ah the beauty of being single ..... Happy Hour started at 1:45pm today hehehe

I've never been in a long term relationship so I've never experienced what you guys are talking about.

But when I do find the man of my dreams I will encourage him to have his nights out with the boys! I don't need to spend every single minute with my man! Mind you, some nights I may just want to come out with him when he parties with the boys! Since I'm not into shopping with the girls. LMFAO! Sometimes I might want to come and watch your baseball/hockey game. Sometimes I might not. Sometimes I might want to go to a movie, or bowling or to a hockey game or for a drive or whatF**King ever JUST with YOU! Now if I asked my guy where he's going and he says "out", sure, I might get ****ed off, why not just say "out to the bar with the guys", then you know where he is and its no big deal. Trust is one thing, but communication is important too.

But the application E40 posted is funny, I've gotten that email a few times LOL
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

HMMMMMMMMM
    Steve
    Proud member of the IACOJ
    SUA SPONTE
    "I've got no respect for any young man who won't join the colors."
    ~Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Thread Information