Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default Hey Calgary Guys Need Your Opinion

Hey guys, it would sure be great to hear what Calgary firefighters think about the needle pick-up program being debated in the following thread:

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=44699
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

I'm on the job here in Calgary and I think the condom pick up scheme is a very bad joke. I don't mind going to a school yard and picking up the occasional needle but this is ridiculous. Yet another brainchild of some shoe clerk desk Captain that will not be required to do the job himself. Let the john's do it and let the shoe clerks responsible for this scheme train them to Hazmat Awareness levels.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Hey oldarff which station are you at? I live across from 2 Station, know a ton of people there (especially B shift), know people at a number of other stations, HQ, FPB and of course the museum. Oh and I know some guys that work at City Hall too.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Hi! I've been a fire cadet with the Calgary Fire Department for a year and a half now and I have never hade such a great feeling of pride in wearing a uniform that associates me with the greatest fire dept. in Canada. I think that the proposed needle and condom pick-up program mocks the great profession of firefighting. I can understand that a firefighter can tolerate picking up the ocassional needle or condom, but to send out a whole crew (most likely the downtown guys (and gals) from #1, #2, and #11, but I'm not too sure on what the city of calgary has planned) to follow johns and pick up the mess they have left behind is disrespectful to everybody who wears the CFD patch on their shoulder. I hope the city of calgary can find an alternative method that punishes the johns and does not put calgary firefighters in a uncomfortable position.

Thread Information