Thread: lights

Forum Member

Default lights

does anyone know good sites to get a dash light?? Ok before I get bashed I would like to explain my reasoning behind all of this. My dad just got elected captain and he doesn't have a light. So i decided with the help of my mom to go out and get him a dash light as a birthday present. If you have any ideas please tell me.
    Thanks
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

Galls
    they are pretty good or you can just go to the shopping section of firehouse.com
    This statements made above do not represent the agency i belong to in any shape or form. So if i say something stupid its just me.

Try sirennet.com, they have some good products and great prices. I would highly recommend the Code 3 DashLaser. It's a great light. Several of the members on my department have them and we love them. Just a piece of advice though...My grandfather is a firefighter in PA and from what I hear, the cops can be pretty harsh if you don't have 360 degrees of visability, i.e. a roof light. Just my 2 cents.

Stay Safe

Forum Member

Tomar Electronics, Inc

I love the Police Light. I have the double strobe version and it's one of the brightest lights around.

Good luck.
    Life is only temporary, but freedom goes on forever. God bless those who gave all.

Forum Member

Yea I know what you are saying Gv but alot of members in my department use dash lights that you cant see 360 you can see them 180. Thanks for you help
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree with the 360 idea. At night you have no reflection off the windshield and no matter what angle you are to a car you can be seen. They may not be the pretiest things but they will get you noticed. I think Sirennet.com has the best prices online. Also find out who your distributor is for you fire house supplys. They somtimes deal with the public and offer god prices.

Forum Member

I recommend www.sirennet.com or www.southwestpublicsafety.com

As far as the light, you can't go wrong with a Whelen Flatlighter. If you want something for the dash, I recommend a Federal Firebeam.
    Last edited by Code3Runner; 01-14-2003 at 09:35 PM.
    Texas DSHS EMT-B, NREMT-B

Strobes 'n more This guy has a very good selection of strobes, LED's, and halogen lights at what I consider to be very competetive prices.

Just my $.02

MembersZone Subscriber

If you have the money the new whelen LED tir6 slimlighter is the best thing in the world. I have seen it in real life and it will get attention day or night. It is also very visible from the sides.

Tomar police light is probably the brightest dashlight I have seen, I have one and love it except that they are pretty loud(it clicks due to the strobes). They are pretty affordable too. I wouldn't rule out LED's either though i have LED grill lights and they are really bright as well.
    This statements made above do not represent the agency i belong to in any shape or form. So if i say something stupid its just me.

Thread Information