Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Female Strength Training Questions

Hello! I'm a female looking to be a firefighter. I need to gain some strength, however, whenever searching for anything "fitness" related i always get "lose weight" or such unrelated items. I've looked at some men's fitness magazine's and they've somewhat helped. But i was wondering if anyone knows if men and women should train differently due to different ability or whatnot... Also wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions for strength/weight training..
    I appreciate your help!

MembersZone Subscriber Halligan84's Avatar

http://strengthcats.com/womenneedstrength.htm

There is some women related info here, the rest of the website is pretty good also

MembersZone Subscriber

Default RE: RE:

Thank you!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

HI FireChick,,,,,
    You don't have to train any differently just because you are a woman. Take the information you find and adjust the weight/reps/sets to for your personal needs and goals. I have been a competitive powerlifter for many years and now am a Fire Fighter and my physical strenghth is a major asset. Women in Fire Service are expected to meet the same standars as the man, and though I am a woman (last time i check ROFL) I don't think women should have a 'lesser' standard,,, we do the same job with the same expectations

please feel free to email me, I would be very glad to help you in your prep any way I can

GOOD LUCK!!
    JRS

I have been weight training for 18 years, I would strongly,ha ha, recommend that you key on your upper body strength, most females lack upper body power. Most have no trouble with aerobic capacity, or lower body leg and core strength.
    Yours truly
    Roland

Thread Information