Thread: World Of Fire Report: 01-05-03
01-10-2003, 06:51 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 01-05-03
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Sunday, January 05, 2003
· 2nd Alarm CENTRAL FALLS, RI: on Tremont St. Heavy fire in a 3-story wood frame. All Companies ordered out of the building. *154.415* C304/C319. [TAC9-C51]. 12:34a.m.
· Update - CENTRAL FALLS, RI: 2nd Alarm at 150 Tremont St. Heavy fire top floor of a 3-story wood frame with exposure problems. Large lines in operation. Exterior operations. DWH. M/A to cover. *154.415* C304/C319 O/S. [TAC9-C51]. 12:42a.m.
· Update - CENTRAL FALLS, RI: 2nd Alarm at 150 Tremont St. Bulk of the heavy fire is knocked down. Companies are overhauling and checking for extension. *154.415* C304/C319 O/S. [TAC9-C51]. 12:53a.m.
· YORK Co., PA: *4th Alarm Equiv.* 249 Winterstown Rd. Red Lion. Structure - fully involved. Fire thru roof. [PA1/DC7]. 1:08a.m.
· HAMMONTON (ATLANTIC Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm Equiv.* Pleasant Mills Rd. The Nesco Fire Company. Fire Co. building fully involved. Multiple M/A Tankers en-route. [EAN3308]. 1:36a.m.
· JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: ***2nd Alarm*** 577 Liberty Ave. 2-story frame fully involved. Scene of a previous All Hands fire earlier last night. [EAN301]. 1:40a.m.
· Update - JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** Box-498 at 577 Liberty Ave. Several 2.5" lines working. Companies darkening the fire and making some progress. Still DWH. [EAN318 O/S * EAN402 * EAN301]. 1:48a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm house fire at 4317 Ashland. Pumper 26 requested the 1st Alarm for heavy fire on the 1st floor of a 2-story brick. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 26, 10, 24, 28, 17, HL15, BC806 & 805, SQUAD 2. [STL819]. 2:23a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's 1st Alarm at 4348 Ashland (corrected address). BC806 reports the fire is under control. Primary search is negative and requests both utilities. [STL819]. 2:34a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – WALTHAM, MA: 96 Central St. 3-story Apartment building. *453.875* C231 [TAC9-C105]. 4:06a.m.
· Update – WALTHAM, MA: 2nd Alarm at 96 Central St. OIC reports fire knocked down & Co.'s overhauling. *453.8375* C231 [TAC9-C105]. 4:16a.m.
· FAIRFAX Co., VA: 2nd Alarm at 3245 Rio Dr. Fire in the electrical room of High-rise Condo building with minor extension via pipe chase. Fire extinguished. Full power loss to building. Clearing smoke conditions. [DC2]. 7:04a.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 2nd Alarm at 9 Lothian Ave. Detached dwelling well involved on arrival. TFN332 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 7:15a.m.
· PLYMOUTH, MA: Working fire - Box 25 at 122 Billington Ave. Structure fire. Bulk of the fire is knocked down. *154.430* [TAC9-C461]. 7:32a.m.
· MFN: CARROLL Co., MD: *2nd Alarm dwelling fire*/ 1105 English Ivy Ct. Command reports a working garage fire. [(Mike) MFN1 MFN-HQ]. 9:46a.m.
· CARROLL Co., MD: (Co.#12:Sykesville) **2nd Alarm** dwelling fire at 1105 English Ivy Ct. Units reporting attached garage well involved. M/A Baltimore Co., MD. [DC/BMD/M44]. 9:49a.m.
· BROCKTON, MA: Working fire at Montello St. & Crescent St. Abandoned gas station. Co.'s charging line. Light smoke showing. C15 *154.310* [TAC9-C67]. 10:07a.m.
· ESFN: SALISBURY (WICOMICO Co.), MD: Truck-2 with smoke showing from a 6-unit Apartment Complex. Large diameter hose laid in road. Crews laddering rear of structure. Power Co. requested to the scene. STA:2/16/1, EMS on the initial. [ESFN-2/22]. 10:34a.m.
· FAIRFIELD, ME: MVA on Route-201 @ the R/R tracks by Sappi. Reported 2-cars involved. 1-10-45-C1 (DOA) @ scene. C-411 [TAC9-C20]. 10:46a.m.
· STLFN: VALLEY PARK (ST.LOUIS Co.), MO: Valley Park FPD *1st Alarm* on arrival @ 1087 Century Oaks Dr. x Big Bend. Residential fire. Supply line laid & hand lines in operations. [STL899]. 11:47a.m.
· BOSTON, MA: Working fire, Box-1441 at 6 Hamilton Place. Smoke showing - possible fire in the walls of an occupied structure. Co.'s charging lines. *483.1875* C519/C933 [TAC9-C20]. 11:51a.m.
· STLFN: VALLEY PARK (ST.LOUIS Co.), MO: Update - 1st Alarm working fire @ 1087 Century Oaks Dr. x Big Bend. Command reports a multi-family dwelling with heavy smoke from attic area. Trucks in hydraulics. Move-ups made. [STL899]. 11:53a.m.
· Update – BOSTON, MA: Working fire, Box-1441 at 6 Hamilton Place. C-6 reports fire in the basement extended to the 1st floor of 5-story building. DWH. *483.1875* C519/C933 [TAC9-C20]. 12:00p.m.
· Update – BOSTON, MA: Working fire, Box-1441 at 6 Hamilton Place. C6 reports fire in the basement started by sparking electrical conduit. Fire knocked down. Co.'s overhauling and checking extension – PWH. *483.1875* C519/C933 [TAC9-C20]. 12:34p.m.
· MORRISTOWN (MORRIS Co.), NJ: **Plane Crash** at the Morristown Airport. BLS/ALS requested for the plane crash. Reported that the plane had engine failure. [EAN388]. 12:39p.m.
· WALTHAM, MA: MVA on Charles St. at Grove St. Pedestrian struck. EMS requesting Medflight responding – L/Z Sacred Heart Church. *453.8375* C67/C519/C933 [TAC9-C520]. 1:01p.m.
· Update - WALTHAM, MA: MVA - Correct location is Grove St. at Willow St. 35 y/o male struck & thrown by motor vehicle. Serious facial trauma. Medflight on scene. *453.875* C67/C251/C519/C933 [TAC9-C520]. 1:13p.m.
· TWINSBURG (SUMMIT Co.), OH: Twinsburg FD - 2nd Alarm Box # 111 @ 8709 Gettysburg. Heavy smoke from rear of a house. M/A en-route. [FPO/D703] (C). 1:16p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 22-2504 *2nd Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave. Fire in a 1-story brick taxpayer occupied as a furniture store, 200x100, 4 interconnected stores. By orders of B3 IC on arrival. L48 FAST. [MNS342]. 1:22p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 22-2504 *2nd Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave. Fire in a 1 story brick furniture store, 200x100, 4 interconnected stores. B14 COMM CORD, B17 SAFETY CORD, D6 IC. S/C Hi-Ex Foam Unit. [MNS342]. 1:28p.m.
· GRANTHAM, NH: Building collapse on Eastman Road at the "Eastman Hill Complex." Collapse of platform tennis facility. Reported propane explosion. M/A to scene. (3) 10-45's unknown code, (1) person missing. *153.950* C773/C21 [TAC9-C33]. 1:28p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 33-2504 *3rd Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave. Fire in a 1-story brick furniture store, 200x100, 4 interconnected stores. B14 COMM CORD, B17 SAFETY CORD. D6 IC. S/C Hi-Ex Foam Unit & additional Tower Ladder. [MNS342]. 1:30p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 33-2504 *3rd Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave. Fire in a 1 sty brick furniture store, 200x100. B19 staging, B27 FOAM CORD. [MNS342]. 1:34p.m.
· LACONIA, NH: Working fire at 123 Mechanic St. Garage fire. M/A requested to scene. *159.90* C603 [TAC9-C33]. 1:38p.m.
· Update – LACONIA, NH: Working fire at 123 Mechanic St. Garage fire. Fire knocked down & PWH. *159.90* C603/C31 [TAC9-C33]. 1:42p.m.
· MEDFORD (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 40 Maine Trail. Command had fire in a dwelling. Bulk of fire is knocked down - Still have heavy smoke. 2nd Alarm Co.'s for manpower. [EAN3621 3305]. 1:47p.m.
· Update - BRONX, NY: **3rd Alarm** Box 2504 at 940 Westchester Ave. Fire is in a 1-story Commercial building 200x200. Fire remains doubtful. [EAN388]. 1:55p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 33-2504 *3rd Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave. 1-story brick furniture store, 200x100. D6 (DC Butler) reports several interconnected stores. All members out of building & off roof. Commencing Foam operations. [MNS342]. 2:00p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 33-2504 *3rd Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave. 1-story brick furniture store, 200x100. D6 (DC Butler) S/C additional TL (3rd S/C) TL33 act L58 set up @ Westchester Ave & Kelley St. [MNS342]. 2:04p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 44-2504 *4th Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave. 1-story brick furniture store, 200x100. S/C for an extra Engine & TL prior to the 4th Alarm. [MNS342]. 2:10p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 44-2504 *4th Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave. 1-story brick furniture store, 200x100. 3 Engines, no Trucks on 4th due to prior S/C's. (E43, 48, 320 act 324), S/C additional Truck S/C (TL144 act 54) all to staging. [MNS342]. 2:16p.m.
· BRONX, NY: ***4th alarm*** Box-2504 at 940 Westchester Ave. Heavy fire conditions throughout a 200x200 1-story commercial. Exterior operations only with High-Ex Foam. DWH. [STAFF * EAN301]. 2:22p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 22-802 *2nd Alarm* at 635 9th Ave x W45 St. Fire #4th floor of a 5-story brick occupied multiple dwelling 45x75. B9 IC S/C for an additional Engine & Truck on the All Hands (E1/L2). B8 AH CF/L24 FAST. [MNS342]. 2:36p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 2nd Alarm Box 802, 635 9th Ave. Fire on the 4th floor of a 5-story brick 45x75 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire is DWH per DIV-3. [EAN100]. 2:38p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 22-802 *2nd Alarm* at 635 9th Ave x W.45 St. Fire #4th floor of a 5-story brick occupied multiple dwelling 45x75. D3 IC. 2nd Alarm Assignment is: E8/3/16/L35/B10 SAFETY, B2 COMM CORD, E9-SAT 1/TAC 2. [MNS342]. 2:41p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 44-2504 *4th Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave. 1-story brick furniture store, 200x100. CAR 4C CWTC reports 5 TL's in operation, awaiting arrival of Engine 212 & Hi Ex Foam Unit. (Foam Unit on the 2nd Alarm was not Hi-Ex). [MNS342]. 2:43p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 22-802 *2nd Alarm* at 635 9th Ave x W45 St. Fire #4th floor of a 5-story brick occupied multiple dwelling 45x75 D3 IC reports 2 lines stretched operating, 3rd line being stretched as precaution. All visible fire is knocked down, still DWH. Primary search is negative. [MNS342]. 2:45p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 22-802 *2nd Alarm* at 635 9th Ave x W45 St. Fire #4th floor of a 5-story brick occupied multiple dwelling 45x75. D3 IC reports fire is PWH. *FINAL* [MNS342]. 2:55p.m.
· WHARTON (MORRIS Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm Equiv.* 292 S. Main St. 3-story wood frame. Fire & smoke showing. M/A going to work. Aerial going into operation. [EAN26 O/S. EAN388/EAN26]. 2:56p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 44-2504 *4th Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave. 1-story brick furniture store, 200x100. CAR 4C CWTC S/C 2 extra BC's (B12 act B18 & B15) report to FIELD COMM. EL service on Westchester Ave shut down. [MNS342]. 2:59p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 4524 Agnes x 45th Street. 3 lines off on a well involved 1-story bungalow. CAR105, P18, P35, P33, R9, R11 (RIT), T2, T5. [KCFN-02]. 3:00p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 2nd Alarm Box 802, 635 9th Ave, DIV-3 reports fire Apt is #5. Fire is now under control. *FINAL* [EAN100]. 3:02p.m.
· LACONIA, NH: Snowmobile accident on Paugus Bay off Union Ave. (3) snowmobiles through the ice. All riders are out of the water & safe being checked by EMT's. *159.900* (C21) [TAC9-C31]. 3:32p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 55-2504 *5th Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave/Kelley St. 1-story brick furniture store, 200x100. Extremely heavy smoke. Setting up Collapse Zone. Lines being stretched into exposures. [MNS342]. 3:36p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: BOX 2504, 5th Alarm at 940 Westchester Ave & Intervale Ave. Fire is still DWH with an exterior attack only. [EAN STAFF/ EAN100]. 3:36p.m.
· WATERBURY, CT: MVA on Watertown at Araura. Jaws working. CT99/19 [TAC9-C51]. 5:04p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 55-2504 *5th Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave/Kelley St. 1 story brick furniture store, 200x100. By orders Chief of Dept Cruthers, S/C 8 Engines, 4 TL's & 4 BC's @ Change of Tours. Fire is still DWH. [MNS342]. 5:19p.m.
· STLFN: WEST ALTON (ST CHARLES Co.), MO: as of 17:00hrs today West Alton has placed into service 9914. It is their first new Pumper. It is a 2002 Freightliner FL80. It has a full compliment of rescue tools with a 4-man crewcab, 1000gallon booster tank, and 1250gpm pump. Congrat's to them!! [STL388]. 5:23p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 55-2504 *5th Alarm* at 940-958 Westchester Ave x Intervale Ave/Kelley St. 1 story brick furniture store, 200x100. By orders Chief of Dept Cruthers, S/C SAT 6/E207. All Companies S/C are for "relief" although fire is still DWH. [MNS342]. 5:27p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ “Tootsie’s Bar,” 1822 Main x 18th Street. Fire showing from the 2nd floor of a 2-story ORD. CAR102, P8, P9, R1, T3, T6. [KCFN-02]. 6:07p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: *1st Alarm* fire @ Tootsie’s Bar, 1822 Main Street. 2-story Apartments over Commercial. Fire showing on the 2nd floor. CAR104, P25, R31 filling out the 1st Alarm. [KCFN-02]. 6:10p.m.
· WATERBURY, CT: Haz-Mat at the entrance to Interstate I-84 Eastbound, Haz-Mat Unit on scene. CT3404 [TAC9-C33]. 6:11p.m.
· Update – KANSAS CITY, MO: 1st Alarm @ Tootsie’s Bar, 1822 Main x 18th Street. 2 small lines on the fire. Roof operations underway. S/C CAR106, T2 above the 1st Alarm. Companies making good progress. [KCFN-02]. 6:19p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: The 1st Alarm fire @ “Tootsie’s Bar”, 1822 Main Street x 18th Street has been Struck out b/o CAR102. Fire is PWH. Companies overhauling at this time. [KCFN-02]. 6:21p.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: High Ridge FPD 1st Alarm structure @ World Metals: La Kenny Lane & State Rt. 30 (Hwy 30): Magnesium fire along with other metals burning. Master streams and Foam in operation. [STL-800]. 7:01p.m.
· BOSTON, MA: Working fire on Box-1642 at 264 Shawmut Ave. CAR-4 reports fire in the basement of a structure. 2-lines stretched and operating. Co.'s checking extension. *483.1875* [TAC9-C20]. 7:30p.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: Update – High Ridge FPD’s 1st Alarm @ World Metals @ La Kenny Lane & Highway 30: Fire now under control. County Arson Detective notified and Salvation Army Canteen on scene. **FINAL**[STL-800]. 7:42p.m.
· GRIFFIN (SPALDING Co.), GA: Working fire at 304 Spring St. 800sq ft single family – fully involved on arrival with 1 female fatality inside. Both city & county FD’s on scene. Fire is under control at this time. (C.G.) [HNAN/RD1]. 8:26p.m.
· BOLTON, CT: Working fire at 98 South Road. Reported heavy fire showing from a structure. M/A in from Coventry & Andover FD's. CT192/CT180/CT3404 [TAC9-C20]. 8:34p.m.
· Update - BOLTON, CT: Working fire at 98 South Road. Reported heavy fire in the rear of a 2.5-story wood frame dwelling. Tanker Shuttle operations in progress. CT192/CT180/CT3698/CT3404 [TAC9-C20]. 8:44p.m.
· ASHAWAY, RI: MVA on Rt.95 S. at State Line Exit 93. Rollover with entrapment. Request additional Rescue to scene. Lifestar requested. *154.4125* [TAC9-C304]. 9:03p.m.
· Update – ASAHWAY, RI: MVA on Rt. 95 S. at North Stonington Line Exit 93: Lifestar not flying due to weather. 2 1045’s Code 2 transported by ground. [TAC9-C304]. 9:15p.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: Update on High Ridge FPD's 1st Alarm Magnesium fire at 8 La kenny Lane. Jefferson County FAO has requested Foam Trucks from South County FAO. Additional equipment has been dispatched. [STL819]. 9:17p.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: High Ridge FPD's *2nd Alarm Equiv.* Magnesium fire at World Metals, 8 La Kenny Lane. They now have a 2nd Alarm Equivalent responding to the scene. The fire involves magnesium and other metals and they have requested all Trucks that are available with Foam. Salvation Army Canteen reports the original pile has collapsed and spread fire to other piles. [STL819]. 9:26p.m.
· RANDOLPH, MA: MVA on Rte.24 Northbound South of Rte.128. Car into a tree with entrapment. Jaws in use. Canton FD also responding. *483.6625* C302/C461 [TAC9-C520]. 9:28p.m.
· ALFRED, ME: Working fire at 35 Waterboro Rd. Chimney fire. OIC reports possible extension. House charged with smoke. M/A requested to the scene. *460.55* C603 [TAC9-C50]. 9:37p.m.
· Update - RANDOLPH, MA: MVA on Rte.24 Northbound, South of the split. Medflight unavailable due to weather. 1045C2 multi-trauma extended extrication. *483.6625* C302/C461 [TAC9-C520]. 9:43p.m.
· SHERBORN, MA: MVA in the vicinity of 86 Coolidge Street. Reported car vs. tree. 1-10-45-C2, 18y/o male trapped. Engine-4 going to work with the Jaws. Metrowest P-1 requested to scene. *483.0875* [TAC9-C20]. 10:38p.m.
· PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire at 26 Academy Ave. Heavy fire floor 3 of a 3.5-story wood frame occupied multiple dwelling 26x35. S/C additional Engine and Ladder. Move ups in progress. *151.220* C303 O/S. [TAC9-C51]. 11:07p.m.
· Update - PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire at 26 Academy Ave. Companies report bulk of the fire is knocked down. Searches are negative. Overhaul in progress. PWH. C303 O/S. [TAC9-C51]. 11:20p.m.
· STLFN: ST.CHARLES Co., MO: Central County FD is on the scene of a possible electrical fire at 3103 Brightwood Rd. First Unit on scene advises they have heat in the walls. NIF/ATT. [STL557]. 11:22p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for January 5, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Columbus FD: MVA/FIRE I-270 NB over I-70 (East Side). Semi Truck & Trailer F/I with reports of vehicle under trailer. Cos: Eng 23, 4, Res4cuE, Med 4, EMS 16. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/FIRE I-270 NB over I-70 (East Side). EMS 16 requesting 2nd Medic. Initial call was for a car fire. FPO/276/D260 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/FIRE I-270 NB over I-70 (East Side). Command requesting 3rd Engine and nearest Foam unit. Still at least 1 trapped. BN 6 also on the run. FPO/276/D260 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/FIRE I-270 NB over I-70 (East Side). Foam 182, Eng 21, Med 5 enroute. Also checking on availibility of ET 164. FPO/276/D260 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/FIRE I-270 NB over I-70 (East Side). 5th Engine (Eng 164) on scene. Urgent request for EPA & Absorbant. Diesel fuel threatening drains. FPO/276/D260 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/FIRE I-270 NB over I-70 (East Side). Med 21 to Mt Carmel East with Truck Driver. Res4cuE reports car driver exticated. Eng 15 (6th Engine) going to Station 4 for more absorbant. PWH, But, still heavy fire. FPO/276/D260 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/FIRE I-270 NB over I-70 (East Side). Assn: Eng 4, 23, 5, 15, 21, 164, 181, 182, Med 4, 23, 182, 21, Res4cuE, Foam 182, EMS 16, BN 6, 181. FPO/276/D260 ©
Twinsburg FD (Summit): 2nd Alarm Box # 111 @ 8709 Gettysburg Dr. Heavy smoke from rear of a house. M/A enroute. FPO/D703 ©
Uniontown FD (Stark): MVA/PIN/TRAUMA 12525 Mogadore Ave NW. 2 car MVA, 1 pinned, 1 trauma. M/A Squad from Greentown FD. FPO/D701 ©
Columbus FD: W/F South Warren & Freemont. BN 5 reports a garage W/I with down power lines. Cos: Eng 12, 17, Lad 12, Res17cuE, Med 12, BN 5. Now K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/284/D260 ©
Green Springs VFD (Seneca): W/F 10693 East Twp Rd 178. F/I Barn. Scipio Republic FD on S/B, Now S/C'd for Tanker. FPO/264/D703 ©
Cleveland FD: (Delayed) W/F 17326 Invamere. BN 5 reported a 2 sty house with heavy smoke showing. Cos: Eng 6, 36, Lad 36, Squad 1, & BN 5. Eng 41 - Worker. Lad 11 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
--- Pages Today: 12
--- Pages YTD: 69
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
1/5/03 - OGDEN, IL
At 0200 Sunday morning Ogden-Royal Fire Protection District was toned out for a trailer fire (tandem camper) at 309 Lincoln in Ogden, IL. Upon Ogden Engine 191's arrival heavy fire and smoke was visible. Engine 191 pulled a 2 1/2 hose line from the front of the house to the rear where the camper was stored and tanker 195 (with front mount pump) came in from the back of the house on an old railroad bed and pulled 2-1 3/4 hose lines. Fire and all hot spots were knocked about 0245. Other Agencies responding Homer Rescue 239, Ogden Engine 191, Ogden Tanker 195, St Joe Engine 144, St Joe Tanker 146, Royal Engine 181, Royal Tanker 185, , Champaign County Sheriff's Office.
Jayson Oskard, FF/FR
Ogden, IL USA
W/F Kansas City, MO 1818 Main St x 19th St, working fire in 2nd sty above Tootsie's Bar, 40 patrons evacuated. Pumpers 8, 9, 10, Trucks 3, 6, Heavy Rescue 1, Rescue 31, Car 102.
W/F Kansas City, MO 4500blk of Agnes, working fire in a 2-sty private dwelling. Pumpers 17, 18, Rescues 11, 31, Truck 2, Car 106.
Bronx, N.Y. 01/05/03 @ 14:30 hrs.
address: 940 Westchester Ave.
between: Intervail Ave. & Rogers Place
2504 @ 14:10
Engs. 82, 73, 94
Lads. 31, 42
10 - 75 - 2504 @ 14:14
Ladder 48 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #3
Squad Co. #41
@ 14:14 Special Call a TowerLadder. Towerladder 44 s/c
2 - 2 - 2504 @ 14:18
Engs. 96, 71, 92, 60
Batt. 17 "Safety Cord."
Batt. 14 "Comm. Cord."
Special Operations Battalion
Eng. 72 / Satalite 2
Fieldcom 1 Tac. Support Unit #1
1 Story Brick 200 x 100 Furniture Store
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Street
Exp. #3: Is a 1 Story Commercial
Exp. #4: Is a 4 Story Multiple Dwelling
@ 14:26 Division 6:
Heavy fire condition in the basement of a 1 story commercial furniture store. Truck's are "Opening Up" Doubtful Will Hold.
@ 14:27 Division 6:
Special Call the Foam Operations Units.
Queens: Eng. 294 / Foam Unit 294
Eng. 260 / Foam Unit 260
Eng. 238 / Foam Tender #1
Batt. 27 "Foam Coordinator"
Special Call an additional Satalite Unit. Eng. 324 / Satalite 4
3 - 3 - 2504 @ 14:28
Engs. 46, 88, 42
Batt. 19 "Staging Officer"
Mask Service Unit
Car 4 "Charlie" City Wide Tour Commander - An additional TowerLadder 17 s/c on the 3rd. Alarm
Staging Area: Westchester Ave. & Rogers. Pl. @ the White Castle
@ 14:35 Division 6:
Fire's located in a large 1 story conner bldg. 200 x 100. Fire's in the basement. Truck's are "Opening Up" 3 - lines stretched & operating. Doubtful Will Hold.
@ 14:48 Special Call an additional TowerLadder T.L. 41 s/c
@ 14:57 Fieldcom #1:
Have several stores, sharing a common basement. Heavy fire & heavy smoke condition in the basement. All members have been removed from the bldg. & the roof. Commencing foam operations at this time. Fire is Doubtful.
@ 15:00 Special Call an additional TowerLadder. T.L. 33 acting 58 s/c
@ 15:06 Special Call an additional Engine. Eng. 90 s/c
4 - 4 - 2504 @ 15:08
Engs. 320 acting 64, 43, 48
Car 3, Car 4 "Chief of Dept." Chief Cruthers
@ 15:12 Special Call an additional Truck. Lad. 144 acting 54
@ 15:14 Special call the Hi Ex Foam Unit
Engine 212 / Hi Ex Foam Unit 212
@ 15:16 Fieldcom #1:
Have gone to a total exterior operations. All 3rd. Alarm units are engaged. Anticipating in going into a Hi Ex Foam operation.
@ 15:35 Fieldcom #1:
Continuing to operate from the exterior. Using the TowerLadders. Setting up a collaspe zone. Stretching lines into both exposures. Waiting on arrival of the Hi Ex foam Unit. Fire is Doubtful.
@ 15:53 Special Call ( 2 ) additional Battalion Chief's Batt. 12 acting 18 & Batt. 15 s/c
5 - 5 - 2504 @ 16:32
Engs. 93 acting 45, 297 acting 64, 75, 69
@ 17:00 Special Call ( 2 ) additional TowerLadders.
T.L. 45 acting 58, T.L. 38 acting 42 s/c
@ 17:18 Fieldcom #1:
TowerLadder 38 acting 42 has now been designated as the "New" Fast Truck.
@ 17:18 Special Call the "Dewatering Unit"
@ 17:19 Special Call an Engine to work with the dewatering unit. Eng. 44 acting 45 is s/c
@ 17:56 Fieldcom 31:
At 18:00 hrs. Special Call ( 4 ) Engines, ( 4 ) TowerLadders and ( 4 ) Battalion Chiefs from the nite tour to the staging area.
Engs. 68, 79, 1, 91
Lads. 54, 58, 35, 163
Batts. 4, 28, 46, 41
@ 18:00 Fieldcom #1:
We have ( 7 ) injured firefighters with minor injuries.
@ 18:02 Fieldcom #1:
Special Call ( 4 ) additional Engine Cos. making a total of ( 8 ) Engs. 55, 316, 202, 237
@ 18:20 Special Call an additional Satalite Unit.
Eng. 207 / Satalite 6 s/c
@ 19:00 Fieldcom #1:
Progress report from Car 4, Chief of Dept. Chief Cruthers: Had a heavy fire condition in the basement, that now extended up thru the 1st. floor into the cochloff. Fire has extended in some places thru the roof. Continuing to operate from the exterior. Hi Ex foam operations knocking down the fire in the basement. This will be an extended operation. Fire is Still Doubtful Will Hold.
@ 21:10 Special Call ( 3 ) Engs. ( 2 ) Trucks, & ( 1 ) Batt. to staging.
Engs. 58, 313, 261
Lads. 49, 56
@ 22:01 Special Call a TowerLadder to Intervail Ave. & 167th. St. TowerLadder 46 is s/c
@ 22:30 Special Call an additional Battalion Chief.
Batt. 52 acting 26 s/c
@ 22:43 Fieldcom 31:
By orders of Chief of Dept. Chief Cruthers,
Put the fire at "Probably Will Hold"
@ 22:48 Special Call Tac. support Unit 32
@ 23:25 Special Call ( 4 ) Engines & ( 2 ) TowerLadders
Engs. 88, 22, 34, 251
T.L.'s 7, 127
Report into the staging area.
@ 00:30 Special Call: ( 6 ) Engs. ( 4 ) Trucks, ( 2 ) Batt. Chiefs
Engs. 38, 92, 306, 95, 33, 15
Lads. 146 acting 17, 19, 32, 151
Batts. 27, 20
@ 00:50 Fieldcom #1 advises that the Special Call Trucks need to be TowerLadders. Lads. 19, 32, & 151 cancelled & returned. TowerLadders 13, 22, & 160 s/c
@ 00:30 Car 3, Chief Cruthers 10 - 8, Car 4 "Charlie" I.C.
@ 01:30 Special Call ( 4 ) additional Engines for relief.
Engs. 67, 234, 319, 261
@ 01:38 Fieldcom #1:
By orders of Car 4 "Charlie" City Wide Tour Commander,
Fire is UnderControl.
@ 06:30 Special Call ( 2 ) Engs. ( 2 ) Trucks, ( 1 ) Batt. Chief.
Engs. 97, 326, / Lads. 50, 152, / Batt. 50
Bronx, N.Y. 01/05/03 @ 14:30 hrs.
address: 1996 Bruckner Blvd. @ Whiteplains Road
2830 @ 14:27
Engs. 64, 89, Squad #61
Lads. 54, 47
10 - 75 - 2830 @ 14:31
Ladder 58 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Assign Rescue #3 working 2 - 2 - 2504
@ 14:32 Have put Squad #61 to work. Special Call an add. Eng. Eng. 97 s/c
@ 14:33 Special call an additional Engine & Truck
Eng. 89 / Lad. 50 s/c
2 Story Brick 400 x 400 K - Mart Shopping Center
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 2830 @ 14:35
Rescue Co. #1 assigned
Squad Co. #288 assigned
Batt. 20 reports, Were using All - Hands. Further particulars to follow.
@ 14:38 Batt. 20:
Fire's located in a 2nd. floor utility room in the rear of the bldg. In the process of stretching a line. Truck's are "Opening Up" Primary & secondary searches delayed for a prolong time due to the large area of the shopping center. Fire's Doubtful.
@ 14:47 Division 7:
All visible fire knocked down. We have heavy smoke, with limited ventilation. Still Doubtful.
Special Call an additional Truck with a search rope & thermal imiging camera. Ladder 51 s/c
@ 14:56 Division 7:
Primary search of the 1st. floor & 2nd. floor is negative. Fire is knocked down. Still have a heavy smoke condition with limited ventilation.
@ 15:08 Division 7:
All visible fire extinguished. Secondary search still in progress. Truck's are performing salvage operations. Probably Will Hold.
@ 15:13 Division 7:
Fire is UnderControl.
@ 15:20 Division 7:
Secondary searches completed on the 2nd. floor, negative. Secondary search on the 1st. floor still in progress due to the large area.
@ 15:31 Division 7:
All secondary searches are complete & negative.
LOS ANGELES, CA:
GREATER ALARM FIRE:
On Sunday, January 05, 2003, at 2216 hours (10:16 p.m.), eight companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, two Battalion Command Teams, one helicopter, and two LAFD Rescue Ambulances, under the direction of Battalion Commander Carl Butler, responded to a Greater Alarm Fire at 1135 West Rock View Street in the Eagle Rock area. First units on the scene reported winds gusting up to fifty miles per hour with wires down and foliage burning exposing a single-family dwelling. Firefighters using handlines and heavy stream appliances aggressively attacked the fire confining it to the foliage, one auto, and the single-family dwelling extinguishing the fire in forty-seven minutes. No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is listed as under investigation. Fire damage is still being tabulated.
REPORT PREPARED BY:
James "Jim" R. Wells
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room OCD-E423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: email@example.com
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
The Chicago Firefighter's Best Friend
"The Chicago Firefighter’s Best Friend" will be the first book to document the role and tradition of Chicago firedogs through real life stories, history, and photography. It will appeal to firefighters, dog lovers, and Chicagoans. We hope to have over 200 pictures and at least 100 firedog narratives assessing the important role dogs have played and continue to play in Chicago firehouses. A percentage of the proceeds generated from book sales will be donated to a charitable organization which assists victims of fires.
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
DC Firecom/Baltimore Metro Dispatch
Walter Gold, Owner & President
11310 Hollowstone Drive,
North Bethesda, Maryland, 20852
301-881-8810 for information
Contact: George T. Ehrman
Covering the Washington, DC & Baltimore Metro areas, including Northern Virginia via an all email system available to email capable cell phones & pagers. We have several different groups that cover the individual areas & recpiricol agreements with most nationwide paging groups.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)