Thread: World Of Fire Report: 01-11-03
01-13-2003, 08:34 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 01-11-03
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Saturday, January 11, 2003
· NORFOLK, MA: MVA vicinity of 57 Miller Street. Reported 1-car with serious injuries. Additional M/A EMS and Medflight requested. *453.175* [TAC9-C20]. 12:05a.m.
· Update – NORFOLK, MA: MVA vicinity 61 Millis Street. Medflight en-route. L/Z 9/Norfolk Airport. 16min ETA. Neponset Valley Paramedics from Norwood and M/A AMB’s from Franklin and Wrenthem @ scene. *453.175* [TAC9-C20]. 12:13a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm b/o Pumper 27 at 5462 Beacon. They reported a 2-story frame with smoke showing. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 27, 12, 33, 24, 26, HL15, BC 806 & 805, SQUAD 2. [STL819]. 2:03a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm house fire at 5462 Beacon. BC806 reports the fire on the 1st floor is under control and the Companies are overhauling. Strike out the 1st Alarm. All but the first 3 Companies can return to service. [STL819]. 2:12a.m.
· WARWICK, RI: Working fire at 77 Logan St. Private dwelling - fully involved on floor 1. S/C extra Engine and Ladder. *154.310* [TAC9-C51]. 5:13a.m.
· CAROLINE Co., VA: *2nd Alarm commercial fire* 17258 Doggets Fork Rd. Jones Lumber Co. Building fire. All 6 Co.'s responding M/A from Hanover Co. (VFN137). 6:52a.m.
· SALT LAKE CITY, UT: Last night 2200hrs, South of the Inter Airport, a Lifeflight EMS Helicopter crashed. Two killed (Nurse and Medic). Pilot survived. Were en-route Wendover but turned back due to weather. [101/ MNN-001]. 7:02a.m.
· EAST PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire at 1259 Taunton Ave. 1-story brick/block Commercial with 50ft steel building on top. S/C extra Engine. *470.7625* [TAC9-C51]. 7:45a.m.
· FITCHBURG, MA: Working fire at 70 Clarendon St. Building fire. Heavy smoke showing. *154.25* C251 [TAC9-C158]. 8:12a.m.
· YARMOUTH, MA: MVA on Whites Path. Request Medflight. ETA is 9 minutes. LZ Christmas Tree Warehouse. Patient with multi trauma injuries. 3 Rescues. *800* [TAC9-C15]. 8:25a.m.
· 2nd Alarm - FITCHBURG, MA: 70 Clarendon Street. Heavy fire in a 3-story wood frame. M/A en-route. *154.250* C158/C251/C31 [TAC9-C461/C158]. 8:29a.m.
· FOSTER, RI: Working fire at 19 Balcom Rd. Room and contents fire in a structure. OIC reports bulk of the fire is knocked down. Companies overhauling. PWH. *154.190* [TAC9-C51]. 9:06a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working Still Alarm for a fire in a building at 3923 Page. BC805 reports they have a 2-story single-family dwelling. 2 lines off. ARC has been requested for family assistance. PUMPERS: 17, 10 & 28, HL15 & BC805. [STL819]. 9:49a.m.
· PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire on Hudson St. E-8 reports a 3-story wood frame occupied. *151.220* [TAC9-C51]. 10:03a.m.
· Update - PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire on Hudson St. Companies report fire floor 1 of a 3-story occupied multiple dwelling. Fire is knocked down. Companies opening up. *151.220* C304. [TAC9-C51]. 10:08a.m.
· STLFN: MADISON Co., IL: Highland Perrin FD is on scene of a house fire at 2413 Motel Rd. Reported from dispatch to be a large house on fire. St. Jacob FD is responding with a Tanker & manpower. NFI. [STL997]. 10:29a.m.
· STLFN: MADISON Co., IL: Highland Perrin FD has requested Grant Fork FD for Tankers. Marine, St. Jacob, Highland & Highland Perrin FD’s for their Investigation Teams. (Code Blue) for the house fire at 2413 Motel Rd. Large residential house fire. [STL997]. 11:16a.m.
· HIGHLAND PARK (WAYNE Co.), MI: *2nd Alarm Equiv.* W. Grand between 2nd & Woodward. Fire in 4 dwellings. 1st dwelling has collapsed. M/A from Hamtramck. [FNNM-200*,400]. 11:32a.m.
· ROCKY HILL, CT: Working fire at 2 Robbins Lane. Fire in an Apartment building. Companies laying lines. CT19. [TAC9-C51]. 11:35a.m.
· SANDWICH, NH: MVA on Bean Rd. Jaws from Moultonboro FD operating. (2) injured. *159.900* [TAC9-C31]. 12:28p.m.
· MEXICO, ME: Snowmobile accident - 3 miles in on the trail off the Poplar Hill Rd. (3) sleds involved, (2) serious head injuries & (1) severe back injury. *155.97* (C603) [TAC9-C31]. 12:32p.m.
· ALTON, NH: Snowmobile accident: (2) sleds through the ice in Lake Winnipesaukee off 10 Hopewell Rd. Unknown condition of riders. *159.900* (C21) (C520) [TAC9-C31]. 12:47p.m.
· Update - HIGHLAND PARK (WAYNE Co.), MI: *2nd Alarm Equiv.* W. Grand between 2nd St. & Woodward. Fire in 4 dwellings. 2 dwellings collapsed & 2 with moderate damage. M/A from Hamtramck & Royal Oak Twp. *FINAL* [FNNM-200*,325*,845*,400]. 12:53p.m.
· Update – ALTON, NH: Snowmobile accident on Hopewell Rd is in East Alton near Spear Point Beach. M/A Rescue from Wolfeboro FD to the scene. OIC reports (2) people in the water. *159.900* (C21) [TAC9-C31]. 12:54p.m.
· COLCHESTER, CT: Sledding accident at 16 Marvin Rd. 2 Medevacs responding for unresponsive children. CT19/2587 [TAC9-C520]. 1:05p.m.
· HILLSBOROUGH (SOMERSET Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm 2205 Jamestown Commons. M/A for cover & M/A Cascade Unit to the scene. Fire is in a townhouse type complex. Heavy smoke from several units. DWH. [EAN100]. 1:27p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – JAFFREY, NH: 87 Ingalls Rd. Garage - fully involved with exposure to a house. M/A Rindge, Meadowood & Peterborough to the fire. *154.430/453.0125* (C251) [TAC9-C31]. 2:15p.m.
· BLOOMFIELD, NJ: 2nd Alarm+ 193 Thomas St. Structure fire. 2-victims removed in cardiac arrest. S/C canteen unit. Fire knocked down & under control. EANSTAFF//EAN10. 3:33p.m.
· FRANKLIN (JOHNSON Co.), IN: *General Alarm* Hurricane & Yandes. 1-story building – fully involved with explosions. 3 Aerials up. M/A Greenwood, Amity, Needham, Whiteland, Bargersville, New Whiteland. [INDY-12]. 3:45p.m.
· Update – BLOOMFIELD, NJ: *Double fatal fire* 193 Thomas St. (2) fatalities as a result of the fire. [EAN322/10]. 3:51p.m.
· STLFN: ST. CLAIR Co., IL: Northwest and Signal Hill FD’s are on scene of a working house fire on Van Rue St. x Centerville Ave. Northwest FD 4201 advises 1 room fully involved and spreading to another room. Northwest 4213 was catching a hydrant. Abbott AMBO and Sheriff Deputies en-route. (STL 835). 4:59p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – WESTBROOK, ME: Cross St. and Church St. reported building fire. M/A with Ladders and Pumpers to the scene. *154.370* C220/C108 [TAC9-C06]. 5:01p.m.
· WEST BRIDGEWATER, MA: MVA on Rte 24 SB at Rte 106. Request for Medflight. L/Z is at the scene. *453.8375* C714/C768 [TAC9-C06]. 5:08p.m.
· Update - WEST BRIDGEWATER, MA: MVA Rte 24 SB at Rte 106. OIC reports the victim is still entrapped. Jaws in use. Medflight is over the scene. *453.8375* C768 [TAC9-C06]. 5:23p.m.
· Update – WESTBROOK, ME: 2nd Alarm on Cross St. and Church St. Reported fire in a 3-story wood frame structure. OIC reports fire is knocked down. Co.'s overhauling. *154.370* C220/C108 [TAC9-C06]. 5:26p.m.
· NORTH HAVEN, CT: Working fire at 2 Mowhalk Drive. Reported fire in a 2.5-story wood frame dwelling. CT19/CT151 [TAC9-C20]. 5:27p.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 2nd Alarm 19 Iangrove Terrace. House fire. Heavy fire showing basement and first floor – DWH. TFN300 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 6:30p.m.
· WINDHAM, ME: Snowmobile accident at William Knight Rd. at Varney Mill Rd. Snowmobile vs. Blazer. Fairly minor injury to rider. Road is blocked at this time. *154.220* [TAC9-C31]. 6:47p.m.
· REDDING, CT: MVA Route-7 in front of the Motor Inn. Reported multiple patients trapped. Jaws working. CT3306/CT156 [TAC9-C20]. 8:28p.m.
· GRAFTON, MA: Working fire at 103 Creeper Hill Rd. Fire in a commercial structure - Towing Company. Building well involved on arrival. *46.480* [TAC9-C51]. 9:05p.m.
· FALL RIVER, MA: Working fire at 109 Howe St. Fire in a loading dock of a mill building. S/C extra Engine and Tower Ladder. *453.3750* C57 [TAC9-C51]. 9:52p.m.
· Update - FALL RIVER, MA: Working fire at 109 Howe St. Fire in a dumpster on a loading dock of a 4-story brick 100x100 mill with extension to the building. Companies checking the upper floors for extension and venting smoke. C57. [TAC9-C51]. 10:26p.m.
· ELIZABETH, NJ: 2nd Alarm at 88 4th St. Heavy fire in a 3-story mixed/occupied building. [EAN4500/10]. 10:59p.m.
· ELIZABETH, NJ: Now a 3rd Alarm at 88 4th St. Heavy fire in a 3-story mixed/occupied building. [EAN4500/10]. 11:19p.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD (13-14): **2nd Alarm b/o BC-3** Dwelling fire in the 2100 block Druid Hill Ave. Druid Heights (NW of Downtown). BC-3 reports a 3-story brick row with heavy fire all floors & through the roof. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 11:24p.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD: *2nd Alarm dwelling fire* 2100 block Druid Hill Ave. BC-3 advising have heavy fire thru the roof. (OPS-C1) [MFN-20]. 11:29p.m.
· CAMDEN, ME: Working fire on Elm St. Across from Harbor Audio/Video. Structure well involved. M/A to the scene. *158.880* [TAC9-C31]. 11:39p.m.
· MOULTONBORO, NH: Working fire at 18 Brenner Rd. in Swiss Vail. Fire in a woodpile under the deck of a house. M/A from Tuftonboro FD to the scene. OIC reports he has the fire knocked down. *159.900* [TAC9-C31]. 11:55p.m.
DC Firecom/Baltimore Metro Dispatch Report
Saturday, January 11, 2003
BALTIMORE Co., MD: Compactor / 10301 Philadelphia Rd / Co#20 - Cowenton (White Marsh) / "Allison Transmissions" / E-201 rpts hvy smoke showing from an attched compactor / SQ-213 to winch away from bldg. [DC/BMD/E*23] 05:22hrs.
BALTIMORE, MD (55-4): Occ dwelling / 1320 Sergeant St / Pigtown (SW of Downtown) / DC-6 rpts a 2 sty brk occ mid-grp row w/smoke showing 1st & 2nd fls / BC-6 rpts fire U/C. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 13:17hrs.
BALTIMORE, MD (58-5): Occ dwelling / 641 Cheraton Rd / Cherry Hill (S Balt) / E-58 rpts a 2 sty brk occ row w/smoke showing = basement fire / all occ's out ok / AC-2 enrt. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 13:22hrs.
U/D BALTIMORE, MD (58-5): Occ dwelling / 641 Cheraton Rd / BC-3 rpts co's making good prog. [DC/BMD/E*23] 13:30hrs.
HARFORD Co., MD: *Working fire* / dwelling / 4074 Federal Hill Rd / Co#7 - Jarrettsville / have a working kitchen fire / IVU rqstd / Fire k/d / Checking for ext. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 18:26hrs.
BALTIMORE Co., MD: *Working fire* / Dwelling / 908 Meadow Ave / Co#27 - Wise Ave / E-9 rpts a 1.5 sty wdfr single-family dwelling w/a WF / WFD enrt. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 23:02hrs.
U/D BALTIMORE Co., MD: Working fire / occ dwelling / 908 Meadow Rd / BC-3 rpts an occ 1.5 sty wdfr single-family dwelling w/fire in the attic / Bulk of fire K/D / Checking for ext / Searches (-) / Fire Invest rqstd. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 23:29hrs.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for January 11, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (email@example.com)
Brookfield FD (Trumbull): W/F 513 Cleveland Ace. 1 sty house well involved. Cos: Eng 18, 181, Res 18, Med 18. Occupant transported to Sharon Regional Hospital for Smome inhalation. Capt Hagood has command. FPO/313*/258*/D323 ©
Columbus FD: W/F Across from 5094 Gender Rd. Cos: Eng 32, 182, 161, Lad 32, 23, Res4cuE, Med 32, BN 6, 4, 181. Heavy fire on 2nd floor of a 2 sty farm house. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus FD: W/F Across from 5094 Gender Rd. RIC: Med 182, EMS 16, SO 2. Arson & Red Cross S/c'd. BN 4 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D217 ©
Brookside, PA FD (Erie): MVA/PIN I-90 WB @ 31 MM. Several Semis and at least 4 cars. Cos: sqd 247, 248, Ambo 35, RP 242, Res38cuE, Med 96, 91, Chief 240. S/C HazMat 808, 818, 819 for Diesel Fuel Spill. FPO/800/801/D703 ©
Ripley, Ny FD (Chautauqua): MVA/PIN US 20 & NY/PA Line. 2 Car rollover. Cos: Med 271, 272, Eng 271. M/A Squad 207, Res 208, Med 91. FPO/801/D703 ©
Cleveland FD: W/F 15213 Naples. BN 5 reports a 2 sty house well involved. Cos: Eng 36, 6, Lad 36, Squad 1, & BN 5. Eng 11 - Worker. Lad 11 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Waverly FD (Pike): Double Fatal MVA on SR 772. 3 MedFlight Helos S/C'd. 8 victims, Many pediatric. Return to Columbus Childrens Hospital. Mini-Van head-on MVA. FPO/D249 ©
Kuhl Hose, PA FD (Erie): MVA/PIN 8313 Wattsburg Rd. Cos: Squad 687, 697, MP 689, Med 96, Chief 680. Chief 680 reports 2 car MVA, heavy damage. S/C Res38cuE. FPO/801/D703 ©
North Olmsted FD (Cuyahoga): W/F 25620 Great Northern Blvd. Fire in Apt Bldg. M/A Fairview Park FD Lad & Olmsted Twp FD. Quick K/D by NOFD Units. FPO/D703 ©
--- Pages Today: 9
--- Pages YTD: 143
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Time Of Call:1645hrs GMT; Saturday, 11th January. Call to "Fire in the open" Outside theGoose Pub, Kingsheath High Street, Highgate Birmingham. 1 Pump from Highgate was mobilised. Futher calls were recived at 1647hrs stating the fire alarms were ringing at the premises. Another pump from Highgate was mobilised. Another call recived at 1650hrs stating smoke was coming from the roof of the pub. A further pump was mobilised this time from Billesley and a Hydraulic Platform from Solihull. The 'HP' from Solihull was turned back and 1 pump from Highgate was turned back.
The fire was in a central heating boiler in the roof space, 1Hose Reel and 2 BA were used to extinguish the fire. Fears that the fire had spred to the pipes, the Hose reel along with a thermal imaging camera were in use along with a small ladder. No further fires were found. All in all it was a tricky job.
Bronx, N.Y. 01/11/03 @ 21:30 hrs.
Morris Heights Section
address: 1749 Montgomery Ave.
between: West 169th. St. & Popham Ave.
2989 @ 21:28
Engs. 43, 42, 75
Lads. 59, 33
10 - 75 - 2989 @ 21:32
Ladder 45 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #3
Squad Co. #41
3 Story Frame 20 x 45
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type detach by an Alley
Exp. #3: Is a Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Vacant Lot
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 2989 @ 21:39
Batt. 19 reports, Have a fire on the 2nd. floor of a 3 story Frame. 1 - line stretched & in operation "K"
@ 21:43 Special Call an additional Engine & Truck.
Eng. 92 & Lad. 49 s/c
@ 21:49 Division 7:
Have fire on the 3rd. floor , top floor of a 3 story frame multiple dwelling. 1 - line stretched & in operation. Truck's are "Opening Up" Primary search still in progress. Still Doubtful.
@ 21:56 Division 7:
2 - lines stretched, 1 - line in operation. All visible fire has been knocked down. Truck's are "Opening Up" Probably Will Hold.
@ 21:59 Division 7:
Primary search thru out is negative.
@ 22:08 Division 7:
Fire is UnderControl. All secondary searches are negative.
Brooklyn, N.Y. 01/11/03 @ 19:15 hrs.
address: 1436 Gates Ave.
between: Irving Ave. & Knickerbocker Ave.
Engs. 277, 218, 271
Lads. 124, 112
10 - 75 - 803 @ 19:20
Ladder 140 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #252
3 Story Brick 20 x 50
No Exposures given
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 803 @ 19:25
Batt. 28 reports, Using All - Hands for a fire on the 2nd. floor of a 2 story multiple dwelling. 1 - line stretched & in operation. Fire is Probably Will Hold. Return all Special Units "K"
@ 19:29 Batt. 28
Fire is UnderControl
@ 19:33 Batt. 28:
Primary & Secondary searches are all negative thru out.
Spring Hill Fire Rescue, FL web page. It has department information. We are proud of our site. When time allows take a look. Come back often as we're making constant updates.
Thanks for taking the time to read us brag!!
Art for the Station.
Check out this web site to find unique paintings. The artist works on a commission basis to create a personal painting of your station or apparatus. After the original painting is completed you have the option of having a series of prints produced for members to collect. Some stations have used this as a fund raise for there station or use as a year end gift. The artist Christopher Wheat, has been painting fire related art for over 11 years now and has painted a commemorative piece that hangs in the Governors mansion for the fire fighters of FDNY and 9/11. Come take a look, he is booking Portraits now for the spring and summer of 2003. http://www.cwgallery.com
“Paintings of your life”
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
"A division of TAC9 Paging"
615 Mount Pleasant Rd. Suite 209
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4S 3C5
Keith Hanley, Founder & Paging Coordinator
Bruce Hickox, Affiliates Coordinator
TAC9 is pleased to announce the rebirth of Toronto Firenet. TFN was originally formed as a pager group using the old advisor pagers. Now TFN is an all E-mail based group with it's dispatchers using state of the art 2-way pagers.
TFN uses TAC9's proprietary computer system. TFN sends pages to its members as well as customers & affiliate groups across North America.
Toronto Firenet pages Working Fires & greater, MVA's, EMS, PD, Haz-mat, and the like incidents in Greater Toronto, Ontario, Canada and Buffalo,NY. Their network of active dispatchers includes firefighters, EMS workers & buffs.
If interested in getting this info to your pager or wireless device please contact Toronto Firenet at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 416-694-2899.
Thank you !
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)