Thread: Fireade 2000

Default Fireade 2000

Does anybody know about the new Fireade 2000 foam concentrate. This stuff is said to be better than AFFF and other foams. We had a salesman come to our depatment and give us a demo and showed an impressive video. The stuff looked good, but I would like to know if anyone out there has real world experience with it.

MembersZone Subscriber

it is amazing what a video and a good sales pitch can make you believe. Ask for a live demonstration or buy a small amount and try it out for yourself. We got the same impressive speech. I am not gonna try to sway you though so try it out for yourself.

I was wondering if anybody else heard of this stuff. My dept is looking into purchasing it and I told them I would try to find out if it works. I would like to hear more on this product. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Our dept just did a live burn on a couple of cars. We had the fireade salesman come down and demo his product. We did a total of 6 burns. The first two were controls using plain water. We then loaded the cars with straw and old tires. We achieved complete extinguishment using 2 2 1/2gal ext. Next burn was with hand lines very quick and very little overhaul. Long story short we purchased 30 gals to use " trial basis". Keep in mind that this product has to be mixed into a class B fuel to be effective. The salespeople have a CD Rom with all the training vidios, msds and Reccomended procedures for use. Get it and look it over closely. We haven't had an opportunity to use it in the real world yet. I'll post my opinion after we have used it a few times.

That was what I wanted to know. So you think it worked great on the car? It sounds like a good product to me. How about using it instead of AFFF for flammable liquid fires? Sorry it took me so long to reply, I have been very busy. Thank you for your info.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

So cheap you use someone else's videos instead of producing your own ad material.

FyredUp

Forum Member

Hey webteam, I think we got someone who needs a little break.

Forum Member

Fireade 2000
    First pitched as the "next best thing" in 2000....and yet, so unknown and so rarely used.

Wonder if there is a reason...
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Default FireAde

Not unknown to my department and the departments in my county.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by st42stephenAFT View Post
    Hey webteam, I think we got someone who needs a little break.

???? Who needs a break?

Thread Information