Permanently Removed

Question Real Firefighter!!

How many of you are actually firefighters and not just wankers in some fire 1 class??? seems like the real talkers in here have no clue about an engine - rescue - or a ladder / quint. do us all a favor and read your FF1 book before you post anything.

And these quotes that you finish your postings with are about as smart or cool sounding as you are... i have a feeling that if you were ever on the engine with me i would stick your textbook FF1 #@$% at the hydrant...
    Last edited by LTINCT90; 01-15-2003 at 07:27 PM.

IACOJ Agitator

And your qualifications are...

Even if someone on here is only in FF1 or has never gone through FF1, they can use this website to learn. Instead of bashing people, why don't you try offering your "expertise" seeing how you are an expert.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

I am not calling you down, or anything because I don't know anything about you, or why you just wrote what you did. Maybe you had a bad day. Maybe someone in FF1 class showed you up, maybe you where cut off on the way to work, maybe you had a bad run, who knows. I certainly don't.

Around here, it doesn't matter if you have 20 years in, or 20 minutes of class time. We are all here for the same reason: To share ideas and opinions. The open sharing of these ideas and opinions is what makes this place great, and is what leads to great conversations. Any one of us can throw an idea out here and get a response from any number of places. Canada, The United States, Mexico, Europe, Australia, you name it. Maybe someone in Flin Flon Manitoba has an idea that could solve a problem for a firefighter in Yakima Washington.

However, to everything, there must be an opposite, a Ying for the Yang if you will. Those are the posts from people how have not fully grasped the idea of opening sharing of knowledge and opinions. They come in here not really know what to say.

If you have an opinion to share, then by all means share it. You might be surprised with the response it will bring. However, with a post like this, nothing good will come from it. Do you honestly expect someone to post

"Yes, I am a Wanker taking FF1" ?

Is that what you want?

If you want to stir the pot, go do something useful and make some chili. If you want to be involved in a genuinely good conversation, well, you are off to a bad start.

------------------------------------------

On a side note, to those who know me on here… I will try not to post when I am in "work mode."
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

MembersZone Subscriber

Let it all out buddy!!! Its okay. Perhaps next time a higher dosage of Paxil or Ritalin will help. Or go to WWW.CBS2.Com and apply to go on Dr. Phil's show. Something tells me you'd have a tough time around my station period.

Oh yeah, perhaps when you realize that there are more things out there other then the IFSTA manual, because I've never heard of a Firefighter 1 book, perhaps your vocabulary will improve, and while your at it, try finding a dictionary and looking up the following words:
    TACT
    TOLERANCE
    UNDERSTANDING
    STROKE
    HYPERTENSION

The one that you definately have down is OPINION. Which is like what everyone else posts around here, its just a rarity that so many of us can back it with fact, which is probably more then person like you who base their fire service tactics and techniques on "I heard in a class or someone said." I give someone who asks the simplest question more kudos then those like you, at least they want to learn. If you don't like it, don't read it

I think there is a Troll under this bridge!
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office
    ------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones who learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

Permanently Removed

I cant help but to comment on LTINCT90's comments. How can I put this nicely? Let's see... "WAY TO GO!" Should sum it up nicely.
    I agree that we are all here to learn and share our experiences, but everyone who is putting LTINCT90 down has got to see his point.
    I have seen it many times before...new firefighters get involved in a class, they start to learn the basics, and all of a sudden, they think they know everything. They think they can change the world because they got a 75 on their Fire Behavior quiz.
    Those who are new to the fire service have got to learn something quickly. They need to learn respect for those who have been doing this for a lobg time. It appears that LTINCT90 is an officer, so I think he/she deserves our respect...especially the resepct of those who are new to the fire service.
    You don't need to agree with what is said, but you should at least repsect this person.
    And another thing...DRKBLRM, why do you keep threatening to report people to the webteam? Isn't that kind of childish? I though we are supposed to be firefighters here...not some Kindergarten Explorer Post. You talk about playing nice, then you threaten to rat on your brothers.

Forum Member

I'm not from CT, but the thread title caught my attention so forgive my intrusion.

FFSKull - I don't think drkblram was threatening to report him, just letting him know they review posts and don't like what they call "bad attitudes". Also, I don't have a problem with what ltinct90 said, it's the way it was said.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

IACOJ Agitator

Originally posted by FFSkull
    It appears that LTINCT90 is an officer, so I think he/she deserves our respect
    *cough*bull******cough*

I stopped believing in that "so and so is an officer in such and such a department, you should automatically respect him" crap because you don't know what his department's qualifications are to become an officer or what his qualification are. In some departments it's all a matter of who you know. In other departments, you have to earn your rank. This isn't an attack against LTINCT90, just a general statement.

And like Bones said, it's more of the way he said what he did then what he actually said. Also maybe instead of creating a new thread which seemed like an "open letter" to everyone from CT, he should have posted a reply in the thread(s) he doesn't like.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

A Troll is a Troll! I don't think your average human would be such a jerk as to make his first post on the forum so negative. He has to earn his respect. I don't automatically give respect because someone "says" they are an officer. For all I know he is a "wanker taking FF1"!
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office
    ------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones who learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

Forum Member

Respect is never given without question, and nor should it be.

You don't automatically get respect by putting on a red or white hat (depending on the colours in your department).

You also can't demand respect.

There isn't even a standard way to get someone's respect as each and everyone one of us values something different.

It takes years to earn respect, and, as we have seen with the LT's post, only a matter of seconds to throw it all away.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

OK let's see if I can post this in right thread this time

Respect is EARNED not ASSUMED!!

But 26 said it a lot better
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

HE DOES HAVE A POINT-- ILL ADMIT THAT I WAS LIKE THAT, I FINISHED FIRE 1 AND I THOUGHT I KNEW EVERYTHING-- WELL I WAS WRONG! I LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY- AND MY THINKING IS- IF U DONT LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY AS A FIREFIGHTER- UR DOING SOMETHING WRONG. EVEN OFFICERS LEARN NEW THINGS EVERYDAY- THEY JUST KNOW ALOT MORE THEN US AND WE CAN LEARN FROM THEM BUT ALSO SOMETIMES THEY CAN LEARN FROM US--STAY SAFE GUYS
    Last edited by TCFD4TRUCK; 01-20-2003 at 02:18 AM.
    FIREFIGHTING IS ALL ABOUT ***, BUSTING OURS TO SAVE YOURS!!

Forum Member

Angry

What a PUP of an officer. BTW- I am taking FF1 right now. I am also a ten year veteran FF and a LT on my department.
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

LTINCT90

I always thought that an officer was someone who was supposed to set an example to the younger less experienced firefighters. I always thought that an officer led by both actions and words. I'm afraid that I am having a great deal of difficulty understanding exactly what kind of example you are attempting to set, by insulting other firefighters, regardless of how long, or what class time they have.

If you have an issue with someone in particular why don't you take that issue up with them privately or address the specific post if you feel the information given is incorrect? Just because they don't do something the same way that your dept does, or you personally do that doesn't mean the way they do it is wrong, or they are clueless.

I do have to thank you though. You've just shown me a whole other side of the fire service. The one of arrogance. I'm certainly glad that Officers like you (if you are actually an officer) are in the minority.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default "real firefighter"

Hey LTINCT 90 rookie firefighters thinking they know everyting is just like some LT in a small town going to 1 or 2 fires maybe and thinking they know what they are talking about. Every rookie thinks they know more than they do get over it. If you're an officer than it's your job to help them learn not put them down for it. I don't know where you ride but with your attitude I bet it's in a small town. can you still count how many fires you've been too. If you can you haven't been to many If you are a firefighter because you want people to think you're tough or better than a rookie than you're here for the wrong reason. So SHUT THE FU*K UP.

Thumbs down Firefighter

Ron....

Other than Nichols where do you do all you firefighting????????????

I know all the experance you get from all those jobs Nichols had, has made you an expert, but take it easy on us dumb ones.

Forum Member

Question Firefighter

I think this was a poor thing to post and to say about the people you work with and command, How can somone respect you on a fire scene after knowing what you put here.
    Im sure you have lost alot of respect (Or will when this gets around)from the people at your station.

Administrator

This thread now closed.

And while we rarely comment, its truly a shame anyone who claims to be a 'fire service officer' would post as some of the comments on here have been.

WebTeam

Thread Information