Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Wilburt Night scan light question

I'm curious if anyone else has had problems with their Wilburt Night Scan Light Tower.

We have two "Night Scans", one on each of our pumpers. The towers are about eight years old, and have had problems from the start. Over the past two years though we've had an increase in down time with both towers. The limit switches being the main cause.

Anyone else had this problem? If so, besides getting rid of the towers, what did you or your department do to fix the problem(s).

Thanks in advance for info.

We ran into problems with the light tower on our rescue after it was first delivered. The tower would go up, but it wouldn't 'fold' back down when the mast was lowered. It turns out that a circuit board inside the base was cracked. The bad board was replaced and the air pressure to the mast was also reset. Ever since then, it has performed flawlessly. I hope I just didn't jinx myself. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Smokeater81, My dept. has 5 Will-Burt towers.The original one on our rescue is about 7 years old.Problems have been few and far between.If you call Will-Burt direct and ask for Marlin Nickle, he should be able to help you, he's always done rite by us.Hope this helps.
    Lead,Follow or Get out of the way.

MembersZone Subscriber

Old one,

Thanks for the reply. Are you talking about the limit switch in the base or is there another circuit board in the base?

Chewy,

Again, Thank you for your reply. I'll give Mr. Nickle a call.

Hopefully both units will be ack in service tomorrow. I had one repaired yesterday.

Thread Information