Thumbs up Towmasters present Spring BIG RIG RESCUE

The Towmasters of NH are presenting the spring BIG RIG RESCUE. The program is scheduled for 25/26 April in Concord, NH. Beginning Friday afternoon with classroom sessions, topics such as Winching Ops for Rescuers, Heavy Lifting (high/low pressure and NT air bags), Timber Cribbing Ops, Strut Support Ops and Underrides/Overturns. Later the training/maintenance staff of Firematic will present detailed info. on new auto technology and Hurst user troubleshooting and maintenance.

The featured presenter will be Mr. Billy Leach, Jr., co-author of the book BIG RIG RESCUE. He has traveled and presented this program extensively and is known for high quaility instruction.

Saturday will feature intensive hands-on all day with limited attendance to insure maximum participation. Realistic situations will be created featuring full size big rigs and autos. LOTS of lifting, cribbing, cutting, prying, and pulling will be available. Firematic will offer the use of the latest rescue eqt. to be introduced with hands-on provided.

Students will recieve an extensive 3-ring binder with great reference material. A fee will be charged to pay for the cost of materials, however every attempt will be made to keep the cost low.

For further info., please contact Mr. Brandon Wood at 603.635.3371 or via email at woodysautorepair@aol.com.

IACOJ Agitator

It's a Friday/Saturday class?

Is there a website with more info? Do you know the cost per student?
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Lightbulb Dont miss this opportunity

Yes, it is a Friday/Saturday class. Attendance will be limited to maximize the amount of hands-on each person gets and ensure safety. Early registration is encouraged. Dont wait!

The program is being sponsored by the Towmasters of NH, which handles all of the registration and student selection. I don't think a website has been established as yet. I'm unsure as to the fee for the program, however every attempt is being made to keep the cost as low as possible without compromising quality.

Please feel free to call Mr. Brandon Wood at 603.635.3371 or email him at woodysautorepair@aol.com for info. If you have questions regarding program content please email me directly. I have an MS Word document that I can email in hopes that folks will forward it to others. This lowers the cost of advertising.

The Towmasters are well known for their high quality instruction, professionalism, and desire to share information. This will be an opportunity to be challenged and work with the best.

Forum Member

Talking

SSay Billy,I just scanned the outline.You sure you can pack all that stuff into just TWO days?Gonna be pretty busy.Looks like about 33% more stuff than the last one,and I didn't hear anybody complaining about not having enough to do.Don't forget about at least a small segment on compound blocking(Winch).You want I set you up with another "Red chicken"?.Hehe T.C. PS for you fence sitters get off the fence and into the program.Your agency will benefit greatly from your participation.And if you miss this one if you talk to Billy and Woody real nice they'll let you into the fall session.

FIGJAM

Sure would be great to attend.... (hint hint! )

Is someone going to set up in one of these classes some time this year a scenario like my huge thread "Another what would you do?" (Car under the drive wheels of the truck) and get some photos of the evolution?

It'd be a great way to close the thread....
    Last edited by lutan1; 01-19-2003 at 08:48 PM.
    Luke

Thumbs up Several challenging scenarios!

Yes, there will be several challenging scenarios during the BIG RIG RESCUE. Examples: trailer overturn onto auto, mixer overturn onto car, school bus underride, motorcycle under truck, rollover winching, and others.

The latest Hurst/Centaur tools will be available for use, along with ResQTek new technology airbags. Other tools include the Westerbeke XRT power unit that supplies 3 tools simultaneously, the Airgun 40, plus more.

Along with big rigs, Firematic will deliver information on the latest auto technology and extrication + user maintenance and troubleshooting.

If you're up for a challenge, attend the Towmasters presentation of BIG RIG RESCUE.

Arrow TRex saw to be there!

Unifire has agreed to provide a demo of the TRex saw during BIG RIG RESCUE. You can see info. on the TRex by searching for Unifire on the internet.

Additionally Firematic will be furnishing the latest Hurst/Centaur tools for use. Other vendors are coming on board as well.

IACOJ Agitator

Myself and one other guy from my FD plan on sending in our registration. How fast do you think this is going to fill up?
    IACOJ Agitator

Exclamation

The folks at Towmasters state that there is lots of interest in the spring offering. Translated, it will fill fast. It would be best to send the info. in asap Encourage all that are interested to to do the same.

Forum Member

Adze,if memory serves the last one filled in between 4-6 weeks.As Billy indicated,best to get entered early.And be prepared to be busy,a very good program filled with everyday information,plus all the stuff Billy's going to try to cram into this one.Regretfully I won't get to see you guys puzzle your way out these scenerios,I have a scheduling conflict that week.As both a trainer in Heavy Rescue and a Towing company owner/trainer I can tell you than any good extricator will benefit from attending this training.A real mind teaser that will change the way you look at vehicle entanglements.T.C.

any chance of getting a class closer to the central mid-west?

Lightbulb If its offered, they will come!

Definitely, the BIG RIG RESCUE program is available almost anywhere. As always, the major consideration is gathering the resources necessary to produce a hign quality program. Few folks will invest the time and effort to build such an intensive training program.

Basically what is needed are big rigs to overturn and invert, autos to cut/spread, and recovery vehicles with trained operators to position them. Add a classroom and I'll be there.

The cost is incredibly low. Anyone interested, send me an email.

Hey Billy,

Sounds like fun. Knowing you it should be a goooood time. I'm forwarding the info as fast as I can. I'll be looking forward to more info as you get it. I'll be e mailing you shortly.
    Until then ,
    Stay SAFE.

Jim

Smile It will be a GOOOOOOOD time!

Yes, it will be a gooooooood time, but challenging!!!

Serious training=Premier performance!

Forum Member

Bump.You now have just a little over thirty(30)days to sign up for this event and it will fill fast.Get in now while there is still space.You won't regret it.T.C.

Thumbs up Fill 'er up!

Towmaster President Brandon Wood says the program is over half full already. If youre interested, now is the time. Call for email soon.

IACOJ Agitator

Ok, myself and two other guys from my FD are signed up. Anyone else sign up?

They should now have around 40 people signed up and are cutting it off at 50. The lady up in New Hampshire told me that if you guys are interested and can't get into this class that there should be another one in August.
    IACOJ Agitator

Forum Member

Adze,Be prepared to Bull!Not for the weak minded or non ambitious.But you'll have a good time and I'M SURE you'll take home a bunch of new ideas to use in your toolbox.T.C.

Arrow Here's another chance!

Just in case you can't make the Spring BRR, another will be planned for August 03. If you want to receive info. concerning this event, please email woodysautorepair@aol.com for details. Don't miss this opportunity! I've heard that there is substantial interest for a BRR in Canada. If you're interested in attending/hosting a BRR in Canada, please email me directly asap.

Lightbulb Even more tools for hands-on

More vendors will be supplying tools for use during BRR. The Robopak (cordless tool power system) and Turtle Plastics will be present. A good opportunity to see and use the latest tools!

Forum Member

Talking Get in the program

Spring session is full,or very nearly so.Don't dally, sign up now for the FALL session.This program is getting bigger and more informative every session(Like it wasn't intense enough already)be the first on your block to say "YES I CAN" to highway transportation disasters.Learn to use ALL the tools at your disposal.Conquer the improbable with everyday tools,be part of the solution.Don't hesitate or you'll be waiting 'til Spring to get in.T.C.

Thread Information