MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fairfax fire-rescue exam

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get a little help. I have never taken a fire department exam outside of NY. Now im taking the one for Fairfax, VA and I want to do well on it. My question is does anyone know of any particular study guides that there may be out there? Thanks for any help...

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess not!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hi,there,looks like nobody is from VA,Fairfax,me neither,but as usuall it is very hard to find any kind of info about fire academies.Anyway,get ph number from information for local college in Fairfax,VA,and they can tell you where is local fire academy,get their number and call.Oh,and always ask for websites,I found out that the internet saves you lot of time and gives you much more info.So good luck,stay safe!

Forum Member

Default Try this

Check out www.fireprep.com

"Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Rabble rouser

<wipes crust out of eyes... yawns and replies>

Sorry... I just woke up and found your post.

I can't help you with what study guide would help, since I have never used one, but I am a wealth of useless knowledge about the process.

I assume you are talking about Fairfax County and not the City of Fairfax...
    Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes, fairfax county. I have only taken the FDNY exam. I have seen other FF exams from other states and they seem more indept into firefighting then the FDNY exam. I sent my application with resume a few weeks ago I just havent heard anything yet, just being curious. Thanks for the reply!

Rabble rouser

The Fairfax County exam doesn't really have a firefighter base to it. As far as I remember, it was mostly english, algebra and logic. If there are Firefighting questions, you don't have to know firefighting to answer well.

As for not hearing anything, keep on them. Without getting too obnoxious (the people I know will get a good laugh out of that one!) keep your name in the ring. Persistence does pay off.
    Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Default Yes. It is!

Actually Muttly there is a book out there that really made me laugh at the actual Written test in Fairfax County. It is A big red Book titled The Complete FIREFIGHTER'S EXAM PREPARATION BOOK written by Norman Hall. I purchased it from the book store for $12.95. I actually scored an 88 on the written test so whenever you take it good luck and I hope you get in.

Thread Information