Thread: World Of Fire Report: 01-18-03
01-20-2003, 07:51 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 01-18-03
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Saturday, January 18, 2003
· NAUGATUCK, CT: Hazmat on South Main St. Large fuel spill flowing from unknown source. Sewers and manholes affected. Foam being applied. Connecticut Dep. requested to the scene. S/C 1 additional Engine. *154.235* [TAC9-C09]. 12:28a.m.
· ELYRIA, OH: 2nd Alarm @ Broad & Chestnut. 2.5-story frame house with heavy fire in attic. (FPO/D700). 1:42a.m.
· ELIOT, ME: Snowmobile accident off 24 Cedar Rd. Snowmobile into Sturgeon Creek. (3) victims at this time. *154.190/155.115* [TAC9-C31]. 1:57a.m.
· Update – ELIOT, ME: Snowmobile accident off 24 Cedar Rd. (1) victim removed with severe hypothermia. (2) victims unconscious & still in water. M/A from York & South Berwick EMS. Somersworth/Berwick Dive Team activated. [TAC9-C31]. 1:59a.m.
· Update – ELIOT, ME: Snowmobile accident off 24 Cedar Rd. Other 2 victims located & are being treated at a small campfire. FD still in process of removal to Ambulances on Cedar Rd. *154.190* (C101) [TAC9-C31]. 2:12p.m.
· BEVERLY, MA: 2nd Alarm on arrival 14 Chestnut Street. Heavy fire in a dwelling. M/A requested to scene and coverage. DWH. *483.4375* C-24 [TAC9-C20]. 2:29a.m.
· Update – BEVERLY, MA: 2nd Alarm on Chestnut Street. Reported heavy fire top floor and cockloft of a 2.5-story wood frame dwelling. S/C 2-additional Engine Co.'s to the job. All Co.'s ordered out of the building - exterior attack. All Companies working – DWH. *483.4375* C-24 [TAC9-C20]. 2:59a.m.
· MEDFORD, MA: Working fire Box-431 at 22 Harris Road. Reported fire in an attached Garage. Co.'s charging lines. All Companies working. *153.890* C24 [TAC9-C20]. 3:29a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – MEDFORD, MA: Box-431at 22 Harris Road. Reported fire in an attached garage with extension. M/A requested to the scene and coverage. DWH. *153.890/483.2875* C-24 [TAC9-C20]. 3:37a.m.
· RAYNHAM, MA: MVA on Route 24 Southbound, North of the Route 44 Exit. (1) 10-45 with multiple fractures. Medflight on scene. C390 [TAC9-C461]. 6:05a.m.
· 3rd Alarm, MISSISSAUGA (ONTARIO), CANADA: (overnight) 160 St. Lawrence Dr. Row Townhouse with 3 units going good. 3 Ladder Pipes, 2 Deck Guns, Collapse Zone established. Heavy fire. TOC 03:30hrs. TFN446/TFN409 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 6:16a.m.
· STLFN: BYRNESVILLE (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Cedar Hill FPD *1st Alarm* fire @ 4873 Lynch Rd x Shamrock. Reported out bldg fire with exposure problems. [STL899]. 7:35a.m.
· HAMDEN, CT: Working fire at 285 Evergreen Ave. Heavy smoke showing from floor 1 of a 2-story structure. CT1062 [TAC9-C06]. 8:18a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – HAMDEN, CT: 285 Evergreen Ave. Reported heavy fire on floor 1 of a 2.5-story structure. 2 lines operating. All occupants out. CT1062 [TAC9-C06]. 8:32a.m.
· STLFN: LINCOLN Co., MO: Wentzville FPD has responded M/A to a working fire @ 1785 Big Creek Rd. Heavy fire/smoke in a residence. [STL899]. 8:48a.m.
· HOPKINTON, MA: MVA - Box-431 Cedar St (Rt 85) by the town forest. Vehicle vs. tree. 1 trapped with head injury. Jaws operating. ALS responding. *460.0875* C108 [TAC9-C158]. 8:55a.m.
· THORNDIKE, ME: Working fire on Route 139. A building fire. M/A to work & cover. *154.010* C220/C461/C520 [TAC9-C101]. 9:28a.m.
· 2nd Alarm - SCOTLAND, CT: 116 Pudding Hill Road. Heavy smoke showing from a dwelling. M/A from (3) towns. CT123/1062 [TAC9-C461]. 9:30p.m.
· MEDFORD, MA: Working fire - Box 415 at 2 Chester Ave. OIC reports fire in the walls. *153.890* C520/C67/C158 [TAC9-C101]. 9:53a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* on arrival @ 5963 Theodosia x Hamilton. Heavy fire 1st & 2nd floors of a 2.5-story brick building. PUMPERS: 13-26-24-12-27, HL15, BC806/805, SQD-2. [STL899]. 10:33a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 9351 @ 34 Ave & 103 St. - Heavy fire in a 1-story 25x50 Commercial Garage with extension into exposure-2, which is a 2-story multiple dwelling. * MNS-2. 10:37a.m.
· STLFN: HILLSBORO (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: (1030hrs) Hillsboro FPD *1st Alarm* @ 6990 Butcher Branch Rd. Flue fire with possible extension. NFI heard. [STL899]. 10:42a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's *1st Alarm* @ 5963 Theodosia. Heavy fire 1st & 2nd floors of a 2.5-story brick building. BC805 reports 2 lines off. *Evacuation Tones sounded* Firefighters going defensive operations. [STL899]. 10:43a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's *1st Alarm* @ 5963 Theodosia. BC805 requests a Medic Unit for an injured Firefighter (unknown condition). DC810 now responding. [STL899]. 10:45a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: Box 9351, now a *3rd Alarm* 33-32 103 St. Heavy fire in a 1-story commercial building with extension into at least 1 exposure. DWH. [EAN77/503/ EAN100]. 10:46a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: *3rd Alarm* Box 9351 @ 34 Ave & 103 St. Heavy fire in a 1-story 25x50 Commercial Garage with extension into exposure-2, which is a 2-story multiple dwelling. * [MNS-2]. 10:47a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's *1st Alarm* @ 5963 Theodosia. Firefighter with leg injury is alert & conscious - removed from the roof & in care of the RIT Team. [STL899]. 10:51a.m.
· PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire at 291 Massachusetts Ave. Fire in a 2.5-story wood frame. Fire floor 2. *151.220* C51/C303 O/S. [TAC9-C51]. 10:52a.m.
· WORCESTER, MA: Working fire at 41 Tory Fort Lane. Heavy fire showing from a dwelling. *800* [TAC9-C461]. 10:53a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 33-9351 @ 34th Ave & 103rd St. Heavy fire in a 1-story 25x50 Commercial Garage with extension into a 2-story multiple dwelling & some extension into exposure 3. 2 Tower Ladders & 3 Hand lines in operation. 1 injured Firefighter being transported to a local hospital secondary to falling thru the floor. DWH. [MNS-2]. 10:53a.m.
· Update - PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire at 291 Massachusetts Ave. Heavy fire through out a 2.5 story wood frame dwelling 15x30. S/C Engine and Ladder. DWH. C51/C303/C57 O/S. [TAC9-C51]. 10:58a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's *1st Alarm* @ 5963 Theodosia. 2.5-story brick. 2 master streams up & in operations. Total of 2 Firefighters injured (1 broken leg & 1with a leg fracture). PWH. [STL899]. 11:08a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS Co., MO: Moline FPD *1st Alarm* @ 10537 Count. Heavy fire in a structure. At least 1 line off. Utilities notified. [STL899]. 11:10a.m.
· Update - PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire at 291 Massachusetts Ave. Companies making good progress. All occupants are out. 6 lines stretched operating. C51/C303/C57 O/S. [TAC9-C51]. 11:10a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 3rd Alarm Box 9351, 33-32 103 St. CAR 6A reports heavy fire in the original fire building & exposure 2. 2 Tower Ladders in operation & setting up a Multi-Versal. Fire in exposure 3 is under control with hand lines. Fire remains DWH. [EAN STAFF/ EAN100]. 11:20a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS Co., MO: Update - Moline FPD's *1st Alarm* @ 10537 Count. Command reports basement fire - now out. Firefighters hitting hot spots & using positive pressure ventilation. PWH. [STL899]. 11:25a.m.
· STLFN: (0940hrs) CAHOKIA (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Cahokia FD had a working trailer fire @ 416 Arthur St. M/A requested from Prairie Dupont FD. Fire is under control & Co.'s back in service. [4400(HL)/STL899]. 11:34a.m.
· PICKENS CITY (PICKENS Co.), SC: **Multi-Fatal fire** unknown address on Meece Mill Rd. S/W M/H fully involved on arrival with 3 confirmed fatalities. A family of 1man, 1 woman & 1child all DOA. Cause of fire unknown. 5th fire death in SC in 24hrs. [CFP*803]. 11:37a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 3rd Alarm Box 9351, 33-32 103 St. CAR 6A reports still using exterior attack on the original fire building & exposure 2. Co.'s making progress. 1 Firefighter removed to Elmhurst Hospital with unknown type injuries. Fire remains DWH. [EAN STAFF/ EAN100]. 11:44a.m.
· BRIDGTON, ME: Snowmobile accident near the Sebago Line. Reported to be a snowmobile into a tree with a 13 year-old major trauma patient. Extended carry out. *154.235* C31 [TAC9-C101]. 12:00p.m.
· MANSFIELD, MA: Working fire at 17 Fruit Street. Dwelling fire. Heavy smoke showing. C105/C714 [TAC9-C461]. 12:03p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 3rd Alarm Box 9351, 33-32 103 St. CAR 6A reports fire bldg is a 1-sty brick commercial 125x100. Exposure 2 is a 2-story brick L-shaped 20x100. Main body of fire knocked down. Searches delayed due to debris & collapse potential. Fire is now PWH. [EAN STAFF/ EAN100]. 12:05p.m.
· STLFN: (1045hrs) ST.LOUIS Co., MO: Normandy FPD worked a serious MVA involving an overturned tractor-trailer leaking fuel on W/B I-70 west of Lucus & Hunt Rd. Incident now under control & Co.'s returning. [STL899]. 12:06p.m.
· Update - MANSFIELD, MA: Working fire at 17 Fruit Street. OIC reports a kitchen fire in a 2.5-story wood frame dwelling. Fire is knocked down. Checking for extension. C105 [TAC9-C461]. 12:11p.m.
· Update - BRIDGTON, ME: Snowmobile accident scene is approx. .75 of a mile in the woods of Route 117. Co.'s reporting serious injuries. Request for Wardens Service. Extended carryout. *154.235* C31 [TAC9-C101]. 12:11p.m.
· NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** Box 4239 @ 488 Clinton Ave @ Bergen St. Fire in a 3-story Apartment type building. Fire remains DWH. Additional Truck above 2nd Alarm. Fire in the basement & 1st floor. Rescue requested for forced entry to structure. [EAN157]. 12:27p.m.
· NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **3rd Alarm** 488 Clinton Ave. 3-story taxpayer. 1st floor is a drug store. Fire remains DWH. [EAN157]. 12:31p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 3rd Alarm Box 9351, 33-32 103 St. CAR 6A reports Co.'s still hitting numerous hot spots in the collapse area. Extended exterior operations. The fire is now under control. [EAN STAFF/ EAN100]. 12:33p.m.
· NEWARK, NJ: **3rd Alarm** Box 4239 at 488 Clinton Ave at Bergen. Fully involved 3-story brick commercial multiple dwelling. 3-3 Alarm in 5 minutes. DWH. (154.130(162.2) – [MNS142]. 12:49p.m.
· NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (CHAS) *2nd Alarm* 3277 Stonehaven Dr. Large 1-story brick residential dwelling – fully involved on arrival. Bad exposures side 2/4. 6-1.75” lines stretched operating. (2)5" large diameter hose. Fire under control. Extended salvage/overhaul operations. BC12 (MUNN) IC, 4E's, 2T's, 3SQ's, 2BC's. [CFP804*803]. 12:54p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – CLINTON, MA: Pierce Terrace. 3-story wood frame with fire on the top floor. *154.310* (C105) [TAC9-C31]. 2:40p.m.
· NANUET (ROCKLAND Co.), NY: **2nd Alarm Equiv.** at the Tea Mary Gardens off of West Middletown Rd. Fire in an unknown type building. M/A to work and cover. [EAN77 * EAN301]. 2:45p.m.
· Update - NANUET (ROCKLAND Co.), NY: **2nd Alarm** Jean Marie Gardens Apartment complex at the end of North Middletown Road. Fire in a Garden Apartment complex. [EAN77 * 465 * EAN301]. 2:56p.m.
· SANDWICH, NH: Snowmobile accident on the Chinook Trail off the Bennett Rd in Whiteface. Snowmobile vs. tree. 1 rider with serious leg injuries. *159.900* [TAC9-C31]. 3:34p.m.
· SAUGUS, MA: Working fire - Box 1256 at 100 Salem Turnpike (Rte.107) "Resco Incinerator Plant." Indoor trash fire. M/A in to cover. *159.645* C251 O/S [TAC9-C520]. 3:59p.m.
· MADISON, NH: Snowmobile Accident in the Woods off West Shore Drive at Silver Lake. Rider suffering from extremity fractures. *154.175* [TAC9-C31]. 4:13p.m.
· AYER, MA: Working fire at 22 Wright Road. A building fire. M/A to cover. C520 [TAC9-C101]. 4:22p.m.
· POUGHKEEPSIE (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: *3rd Alarm* Union & Grant Sts. Heavy fire showing from an unknown type structure. M/A 5 FD’s to fire or Stand-by. [MNS342]. 5:51p.m.
· WARNER, NH: Working fire at 109 Toms Pond Lane at Tom Pond. A structure fully involved. M/A to the fire very tight access due to high snow banks on 1 lane road. *154.355/460.5875* [TAC9-C31]. 6:45p.m.
· Update – WARNER, NH: Working fire at 109 Toms Pond Lane. S/C Tankers from Bradford & Henniker FD's to assist Warner & Hopkinton Units at the fire. *154.355/460.5875* [TAC9-C31]. 6:54p.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD (51-18): **2nd Alarm++ b/o BC-1 (Wingate)** Occupied dwelling at 202 N. Linwood Ave. E. Baltimore. Have a 2-story brick occupied mid-group row well involved. (2) additional Trucks were Special Called prior the 2nd Alarm. (DC15&PA1 O/S) [DC/BMD/E*23]. 7:45p.m.
· MFN- Update: BALTIMORE, MD: **2nd Alarm** occupied dwelling at 202 N. Linwood Ave. Box Alarm 51-18. Command reporting fire extension. 2-story middle of group. [MFN-4]. 7:48p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - MISSISSAUGA (ONTARIO), CANADA: 6764 Lisgar Dr. Garage extending to dwelling. A111 xmit 2-2 Alarm. 1 Ladder Pipe in operation. All Companies working *Peel 2* TFN328/TFN446/TFN409 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 7:52p.m.
· Update - BALTIMORE, MD (51-18): 2nd Alarm++ occupied dwelling at 202 N. Linwood Ave. BC-1 reports Co.'s making good progress. S/C 2nd Air Cascade & MTA Bus. Having trouble with SCBA's freezing up. (DC15&PA1 O/S) [DC/BMD/E*23]. 8:03p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - TORRINGTON, CT: 77 Oak Ave. Heavy fire on floor 2 of a 3-story wood frame structure. CT123 [TAC9-C101]. 8:03p.m.
· BEDFORD, NH: Working fire on Chubbuck Rd at the Bedford Transfer Station. 2-story metal clad building. Heavy smoke showing. *33.78/453.875* [TAC9-C31]. 8:08p.m.
· Update – BEDFORD, NH: Working fire on Chubbuck Rd. OIC reports a large dumpster on fire inside the building. No extension. All Companies tied up for an extended period. (C101) [TAC9-C31]. 8:10p.m.
· BRIDGEWATER, MA: Working fire in the area of 400 Vernon Street. OIC reports a fire in the wall of a structure. Request for a Mutual Aid Engine from West Bridgewater to cover. All Companies working. *460.525* C15 [TAC9-C302]. 8:15p.m.
· Update - TORRINGTON, CT: 2nd Alarm 77 Oak Ave. All Co.'s ordered out of the structure. Co.'s going to an exterior attack. CT123 [TAC9-C101]. 8:15p.m.
· Update – BRIDGEWATER, MA: 364 Vernon Street (corrected location). Fire in the wall of a structure. All Companies working. *460.525* C15/C461 [TAC9-C302]. 8:18p.m.
· STLFN: WENTZVILLE (ST.CHARLES Co.), MO: Wentzville FPD *2nd Alarm* @ #36 Quiet Village Dr. x Hwy W. Heavy fire from the flue extended to the attic of a residence. [STL899/966]. 8:23p.m.
· STLFN: WENTZVILLE (ST.CHARLES Co.), MO: Update – Wentzville FPD’s *2nd Alarm* @ #36 Quiet Village Dr. x Hwy W. New Melle Tanker 8913 Special called to the 2nd Alarm house fire. Large residence with fire in the attic. (STL966). 8:29p.m.
· BROCKTON, MA: MVA at 71 Thatcher Street. Jaws in use. Request for (2) additional Engines to the scene. *154.310* [TAC9-C461]. 8:34p.m.
· STLFN: (1700hrs) WRIGHT CITY (WARREN Co.), MO: Wright City FD had an unknown type structure fire @ 1700 Hwy F. Several Units from Warren and St. Charles County responded. (STL966). 8:35p.m.
· RINDGE, NH: Snowmobile accident in the woods behind an excavating business at 79 Rand Rd. Jaffrey EMS to the scene for seriously injured rider. *154.430/453.0125* [TAC9-C31]. 8:42p.m.
· STLFN: WENTZVILLE (ST.CHARLES Co.), MO: Lake St. Louis 9226 also requested for Air Cascade to the 2nd Alarm house fire @ 36 Quiet Village Dr. Companies making progress. (STL966). 8:45p.m.
· STLFN: WENTZVILLE (ST.CHARLES Co.), MO: Update Wentzville FD’s *2nd Alarm* @ 36 Quiet Village Drive. Fire is under control. (STL966). 8:56p.m.
· STLFN: MASCOUTAH (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Mascoutah FD on scene of a barn fire @ 9801 Jefferson Rd. Fayetteville FD responded M/A with a Tanker. NFI (STL 835). 9:29p.m.
· STLFN: MASCOUTAH, IL (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Mascoutah FD’s barn fire @ 9801 Jefferson Rd. Freeburg FD responded M/A with a Tanker also. (STL 835). 9:37p.m.
· EAST WINDSOR, CT: MVA on Rt. 5 & Trombley Rd. Request for Lifestar - now cancelled. Patient to be transported via ground Unit. CT21 [TAC9-C158]. 9:39p.m.
· SMITHFIELD, RI: Working fire on Pine Dr. Companies report fire showing on arrival - dropping lines. S/C for an extra Engine. *154.115* [TAC9-C51]. 9:51p.m.
· Update - SMITHFIELD, RI: Working fire on Pine Ct. Fire on the rear porch of an occupied dwelling. Fire extended to the attic. Searches in progress. M/A to cover. DWH. *154.115* [TAC9-C51]. 9:01p.m.
· HAVERHILL, MA: Working fire Box 2355 at 110 Gayle Ave. Partition fire by the fireplace. 1 line runs. CAR 2 reports fire knocked down. All Companies working. *154.3625* C33 [TAC9-C158]. 10:18p.m.
· STLFN: MASCOUTAH (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Mascouatah FD’s barn fire @ 9801 Jefferson Rd. Fire is under control. Co.'s returning to quarters. *FINAL* (STL 835). 10:37p.m.
· CHICOPEE, MA: Working fire on Front Street. 3-story occupied multiple dwelling. Room and content fire on the 2nd floor with sprinklers operating. *154.160* [TAC9-C09]. 11:08p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for January 18, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (email@example.com)
Fort Thomas, KY FD (Campbell): W/F 930 North Fort Thomas Rd. Fire on 2nd floor of a 3 sty Apt bldg. Fort Thomas and Bellvue-Dayton FD working. FPO/D1002 ©
Violet Twp FD (Fairfield): W/F 990 Hill Rd North in Pickerington. Cos: Chief 592 (Eisel), Eng 591, 592, Lad 32, Res592cuE, Med 162. RIC: Eng 32, Med 32, BN 6, Chief 590. FPO/D249 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/PIN SR 315 SB @ Kinnear Rd. BN 3 (Devine) reports a multiple vehicle MVA with multiple trauma victims and extrications underway. Freeway is closed. FPO/D249 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/PIN SR 315 SB @ Kinnear Rd. Cos: EMS 13, Med 25, 7, Res16cuE, Res2cuE, Eng 25, BN 3. FPO/D249 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/PIN 555 South Front St. Car vs Gas Meter. Now a 'B' Assignment Fire Run. Sta 1, 2, & BN 1 (Bauman) working. FPO/D249 ©
Elyria FD (Lorain): 2nd Alarm Broad & Chestnut. Heavy fire in an apt bldg. Cos: Eng 1, 2, 3, Lad 7, Res31cuE, Chief 15. FPO/D700 ©
Oxford FD (Butler): W/F 314 East Church. Fire in unknown type structure. M/A from West College Corner Ind FD. FPO/D1002 ©
Erie, PA FD: W/F Box # 59 @ 509 East 13th. Cos: Eng 13, 3, 12, TL 2, FI 2, No Chief. Eng 3 reports fire on 2nd floor of 2.5 sty house. All EFD units tied up on multiple runs. 4 Sounty FDs on Stand-By. EMS 40 OTW. FPO/D800 ©
Erie, PA FD: W/F Box # 59 @ 509 East 13th. DC 322 enroute. Command (TL 2) reports fire K/D. EFD had 3 calls dispatched within 15 minutes. FPO/D800 ©
North Ridgeville FD (Lorain): MVA/TRAUMA SR 10/I-480 Area. MVA/Rollover. 9 year old female with head trauma. MLF S/C'd. Return to Metro. FPO/D703 ©
Youngstown FD: MVA/PIN McGuffey & Albert. Eng 12, Squad 33, Rural/Metro EMS, & YPD enroute. FPO/724/D703 ©
Erie, PA FD: (Delayed from 1240) W/F Box # 234 @ 927 East 25th. Eng 13 reports basement fire in a 2 sty house. Cos: Eng 13, 8, 6, TL 1, DC 322, FI 2. FPO/801/D703 ©
--- Pages Today: 12
--- Pages YTD: 221
NEFNN CONNECTICUT FIRE LOG (http://www.nefnn.com)
-by Scott Harris
0737 W/F+ SALISBURY CONN (Lakeville) on Rocky Ln off Twin Lakes Rd - single family dwelling well involved - mutual aid from North Canaan CT and Millerton NY to the fire
1626 W/F STRATFORD CONN 43 Hancock St fire showing from a 1-story masonary building
2339 ACW BRIDGEPORT CONN 3710 Main St auto fire inside a garage
1155 W/F GROTON CONN 19 Elmer St house fire
1232 2nd ALM MIDDLETOWN CONN (Westfield) 727 Atkins St large 2.5-story single family house with attached 2-car garage - heavy fire thruout with roof collapse on the garage - mutual aid received from Cromwell, Middlefield, Berlin and Durham to the fire
1855 2nd ALM NORWICH CONN (East Great Plains District) 340 West Thames St "Connecticut Beverage" heavy fire in a previous fire building
0114 W/F MERIDEN CONN Box 659 216 Hall Ave attached 2-car garage well involved
1124 W/F BOLTON CONN 280 West St building fire
2047 W/F+ SOUTHINGTON CONN 79 Grove St 2-story frame - cellar fire extended to all floors - companies ordered out of the building
1458 3rd ALM STAFFORD CONN 61 Buckley Highway (Rte 190) "Furnace Brothers Garage" commercial garage with attached dwelling destroyed - mutual aid tankers from several towns
1548 W/F TRUMBULL CONN 373 Church Hill Rd house fire
1620 W/F TRUMBULL CONN 101 Gray Rock Rd 2-story frame dwelling - mutual aid to this fire
0540 W/F WINDSOR CONN on Grande Ave near Ford Rd 2-story dwelling - fire thru the roof on arrival - problems with frozen hydrants in the area - special call a tanker from the Poquonock Fire District to the fire
0912 2nd ALM HAMDEN CONN 285 Evergreen Ave 2.5-story frame - cellar fire extending to floor #1
1010 W/F SCOTLAND CONN 116 Pudding Hill Rd house fire - heavy smoke showing on arrival
2051 2nd ALM TORRINGTON CONN 77 Oak Ave 2.5-story frame - heavy fire floor #2 extended up - all companies ordered out of the building
CITY OF MERIDEN CONN 2002 RUN STATISTICS
Total responses for the year - 7053
Engine 1 - 1898
Engine 2 - 2586
Engine 3 - 1730
Engine 4 - 1304
Engine 5 - 1139
Truck 1 - 1278
Car 3 - 1378
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
BUSHFIRE CLOSES ALPINE WAY & ACCESS TO ALPINE VILLAGES
PLEASE NOTE: STATEWIDE TOTAL FIRE BAN in force effective for the 24 hours from MIDNIGHT TONIGHT, Friday, January 17, 2003 until MIDNIGHT Saturday, 18 January 2003.
Deteriorating weather conditions that have caused fires in southern NSW are threatening a number of townships have led fire authorities to close the Alpine Way beyond Jindabyne, shutting off access to the alpine resort areas.
"The township of Cabramurra currently has fire burning around it, with outlying residents being evacuated to the centre of town. Spot fire activity is prevalent through the township and crews are fighting to protect homes under the strong wind conditions," said NSW Rural Fire Service Commissioner Phil Koperberg
"Given the spread of fire through the Snowy Mountains we are closing the Alpine Way beyond Jindabyne from this evening and asking all non-permanent residents to leave the alpine villages. Tourists who were planning to travel to the alpine resorts this weekend should postpone their travel plans, and have asked the organisers of the Thredbo Blues Festival to postpone as well."
"Conditions tomorrow look set to deteriorate further across most of the State, leading me to declare a statewide Total Fire Ban for the 24 hours from midnight tonight."
"We are appealing to all residents on the bush or grassland interfaces, particularly in the Southern Tablelands and South Western Slopes districts to ensure that their properties are well prepared for the possible onset of bushfires. They should ensure that their firefighting equipment is operational and that their families are well prepared to either relocate or work with firefighters to protect their homes if they come under threat from fire."
Fires crews have been withdrawn from any direct firefighting or containment work, falling back to protect property under the strong wind conditions.
NSW firefighters working on fires on the western side of the ACT have also had to abandon any containment strategies.
NSW Rural Fire Service
Jan. 18, 2003:
Grand Island, NY: 2nd Alarm Fire, 70 Carl Rd. 2 sty wood frame duplex. 1 rescue made. MA to work and cover. Cause arson by rescued occupant. GIFCo 008
LOS ANGELES, CA:
TRAFFIC COLLISION WITH SHEARED HYDRANT AND STRUCTURAL COLLAPSE:
On Saturday, January 18, 2003 at 1038 Hours (10:38 AM PST), six Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, including Heavy Rescue 56 and Urban Search and Rescue Company 88, as well as one LAFD Rescue Ambulance, all under the direction of 3rd Battalion Commander Gary Clark responded to Traffic Collision with Sheared Hydrant and Structural Collapse at 800 West Vernon Avenue in the Coliseum area. The first Company to arrive on scene reported a two-vehicle collision with one of the passenger cars shearing a hydrant on the southwest corner of Vernon Avenue and Hoover Street. A resultant collection of water caused the roof of an adjacent one-story commercial structure to partially collapse prior to the Fire Department’s arrival, but after the businesses sole occupant fled unharmed. Firefighters worked arduously for nearly an hour to stem the flow from the 12” main, alternately closing valves throughout the neighborhood while awaiting the arrival of DWP officials. An extensive salvage effort ensued as Paramedics assessed the three victims of the traffic collision. The occupant of one vehicle, a 42 year-old man from the City of Bell, sustained a shoulder and neck injury. He was transported to California Hospital in good condition. The other motorists declined medical treatment or transportation. First arriving Firefighters were joined by LAFD USAR specialists in a systematic search of void space within the heavily damaged structure. Their search yielded no victims, but did bolster the simultaneous de-watering operation. There were no other injuries. Firefighters successfully minimized collateral damage to the adjacent “Modern Beauty Salon”, while loss to “Vernon Discount Mini Market” is estimated at $150,000 ($100,000 structure & $50,000 contents). Los Angeles Building and Safety officials were to determine the building’s structural integrity and tenancy while Los Angeles Police officials are investigating the collision.
REPORT PREPARED BY:
Yours in Safety and Service,
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room OCD - E423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
1633hrs -18 January 2003
Clayton (Montgomery Co.). OH: **2nd alarm 380 Diamond Mill Rd on a house fire. M/A from Trotwood, Englewood, West Milton and Phillipsburg MVBN-2 ©
Mike Linthicum [MVBN-1]
Miami Valley Breaking News
Serving the men & women of the SC Fire Service.
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(STLFN) St. Louis FireNet - Paul Brown
4524 Miami St.
St. Louis Mo. 63116 E-Mail: email@example.com
(314) 664-6488; pager: 314-294-9900.
Fire coverage is the St. Louis Metro Area, Jefferson County, St. Charles Co. & Metro East Side. (IL). FREE optional Nation-wide fire coverage. Pager can be used for personal use as well. NO OVERCALL charges on fire pages. All for around $10.00 per month.
We also can page St. Louis Area Fires to any alphanumeric pager you already own, this includes cell phones, palm pilots or any e-mail based device. Charge for this service is $5.00 a month. $40.00 yearly dues fee is applied for our service. Contact Paul Brown for more details.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)