Thread: NY area careers

SFDny15
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default NY area careers

I recently took the FDNY test and I've begun to look at other paid-FDs around the NYC metro area. I'm wondering if anybody has any information on upcoming test dates for any paid FDs in the NYC-Metro area. A few I'm looking at is Newburgh, Paterson, Yonkers, Jersey City, Hackensack, and any other paid dept in NY, NJ, or Conn. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

I called the yonkers civil service commission they gave a test a little over a year ago. I would keep checking the website cause they start at a much larger pay scale then most departments. Good luck in your search!

SFDny15
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by Muttly92094
    I called the yonkers civil service commission they gave a test a little over a year ago. I would keep checking the website cause they start at a much larger pay scale then most departments. Good luck in your search!
    Yeah, I was checking out their website and found this: http://www.yfd.org/firefighter.htm

Unfortunately for me, you must be a Westchester County resident just to sit for the test. I don't plan on crossing the Hudson any time soon, so looks like Yonkers FD is out of the question.

Thread Information