*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Monday, January 20, 2003
· PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire – Box 3371 at 224 Sterling Ave. E-6 reports fire in the basement of an occupied dwelling. *151.220* [TAC9-C51]. 12:03a.m.
· ARLINGTON, VA: **2nd Alarm** 1520 Clarendon Blvd. Heavy fire showing 2nd floor of Farden Apt Building. [DC2]. 12:08a.m.
· Update - PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire - Box 3371 at 224 Sterling Ave. E-6 reports rubbish in the basement of an occupied dwelling. Fire is knocked down. Companies checking for extension above the fire. PWH. *151.220* [TAC9-C51]. 12:08a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Community FPD has a working house fire at 9110 Lenora. First in EMS Unit reported smoke from the attic. 1st due Pumper reported both pre-connects off. Utilities have been requested. [STL819]. 1:24a.m.
· STLFN: (Delayed) ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Community FPD had a 1st Alarm for a fire at American Doughnuts at 9850 St. Charles Rock Road. Only report heard was the PD saying that there was a fire in the kitchen. [STL819]. 1:30a.m.
· STLFN: FRANKLIN Co., MO: Pacific FPD has a 2nd Alarm structure fire at 2679 Highway N. No size-up given. /STL819. 1:48a.m.
· WOODMERE (NASSAU Co.), NY: *2nd Alarm Equiv* 37 Center St x Walsh Ave/E. Broadway. Chief reports heavy fire in a private dwelling. M/A 3 FD’s to the fire. [MNS342 IAP]* 1:49a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – WINTHROP, MA: 44 Dolphin Ave. Reported heavy smoke showing from a dwelling. M/A requested to the scene and coverage. *483.6375* C-24 [TAC9-C20]. 2:51a.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: 2-11 Alarm fire and EMS Plan I (plus 2-additional AMB’s for a total of 7) at 8148 S. Burnham. 2.5-story frame - fully involved. 7-Red patients. [CHGO-1/150]. 4:27a.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: 2-11 Alarm and an EMS Plan II (10-Amb's) at least 7-Red patients. 1.5-story bungalow. Fire under control. Companies heavily into searches. [CHGO-1/150]. 4:38a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ 6053 Emma x Park Lane. 2-story brick building with fire in rear. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 27-12-33, HL15, BC806. [STL899]. 5:37a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm @ 6053 Emma x Park Lane. 2-story brick building. Fire on 1st & 2nd floors. At least 1 line off. PUMPERS: 27-12-33-24-26, HL15, BC806/805, SQD-2. [STL899]. 5:40a.m.
· STLFN: (0500hrs) EAST ST.LOUIS (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: ESTLFD working fire @ 85th & State St. Large 1-story commercial building - fully involved - fire thru roof. Fire now under control. [STL899]. 5:53a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm @ 6053 Emma x Park Lane. 3-story frame building. Heavy fire in rear with 1 exposure to west. 3 lines off. All Companies working. [STL899]. 5:59a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's *1st Alarm @ 6053 Emma x Park Lane. S/C for 2 additional Pumpers (P13 & P20). 3-story frame building. Heavy fire with exposure problems. At least 3 lines off. [STL899]. 6:21a.m.
· BEDFORD, NH: MVA at I-293 Southbound at the Rt.101 Split. Rollover with entrapment. Jaws operating. Manchester Engine & Rescue also assisting at scene. *33.78* [TAC9-C31]. 8:11a.m.
· NEWINGTON, CT: Working fire at 144 Barnard Drive. Reported garage fire. CT19 [TAC9-C33]. 8:39a.m.
· NEW BEDFORD, MA: 2nd Alarm on arrival at 316 Parker St. Fire in the basement of an occupied multiple dwelling. Companies report jumpers down. Water problems due to frozen hydrants. S/C additional EMS. *470.5125* [TAC9-C51]. 9:33a.m.
· Update - NEW BEDFORD, MA: 2nd Alarm at 316 Parker St. Basement fire in a 3-story wood occupied multiple dwelling. Multiple rescues made over Ladders. Bulk of the fire is knocked down. Request a bus for warming victims. [TAC9-C51]. 9:43a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a Rescue Assignment at 4443 Wallace x Ridgewood. Individual pinned under an automobile. Pumper 36, Rescue Squad 1 & BC803. [STL810]. 10:46a.m.
· NEWMARKET, NH: Working fire at 288 Wadleigh Falls Rd. Barn fire. M/A responding to the scene. *154.190* [TAC9-C31]. 11:37a.m.
· MANSFIELD, MA: MVA at Hampshire and Cabot. Jaws going to work. 1 pinned. C51 O/S. [TAC9-C51]. 11:43a.m.
· Update - MANSFIELD, MA: MVA on Hampshire St and Cabot Blvd. Patient extricated. 2 10-45C2 to Sturdy. M/A from Foxboro. *453.8375* C51 O/S. [TAC9-C51]. 11:54a.m.
· FALMOUTH, MA: Hazmat at 25 Bernard E. St. Jean Way. Reported lithium batteries venting in a commercial building. Request for a District 1, Tier 1 Hazmat Team Response. *800* [TAC9-C461]. 12:08p.m.
· EAST RIDGE, TN: 2nd Alarm(+) on Waterhouse Rd & Gleason Dr. Heavy fire in a 2-story Garden Apartment. Several hand lines flowing with 4” and 5” supply lines. M/A Chatt-Hamilton Co. Rescue; Memorial EMS, Tri-Community VFD; Catoosa Fire-Rescue; Ft. Oglethorpe Fire; Walker Co., GA Depts. (JG-SA) [HNAN DEWms]. 12:27p.m.
· MARINE CITY (ST. CLAIR Co.), MI: *2nd Alarm Equiv.* 6817 Marsh. Structure fire. M/A from Algonac & St. Clair FD. 154.370MHz [FNNM-99>400]. 12:52p.m.
· SPRINGFIELD, MA: Working fire on Watson Ave. A commercial tooling company. Heavy smoke from a machine. Fire with extension to the wall. 1 line working. *154.175* [TAC9-C09]. 1:03p.m.
· NORTH CONWAY, NH: Snowmobile accident, 4-5 miles out on a trail behind the Grand Hotel off Rt.302 near the Bartlett Town Line. Snowmobile in water. (2) people in water now out & being removed for treatment. *155.760* [TAC9-C31]. 1:07p.m.
· Update – SPRINGFIELD, MA: Working fire on Watson Ave. A commercial tooling company: Fire in a machine, which extended to a wall. Using Dry Chemicals to contain the fire due to hazardous material stored in the area of the fire. *154.175* [TAC9-C09]. 1:11p.m.
· OVERLAND PARK (JOHNSON Co.), KS: *Serious Pin-In MVA* SB I-35 @ Overland Parkway. Reported multi-vehicle crash with entrapment. BN405, E41, Q44, RSQ44, Merriam E61 MES1145/1131 EMS Chief 1105. [KCFN-02]. 1:24p.m.
· Update – SPRINGFIELD, MA: Working fire on Wason Ave. (corrected spelling). A tool company. Still active fire in the wall. All exposed chemicals are being protected so water can be used. Holding all Companies. *154.175* [TAC9-C09]. 1:37p.m.
· HAMDEN, CT: MVA on Dixwell at Arch. Jaws operating. CT2208/CT19 [TAC9-C158]. 1:40p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: u/a 1186 NY Harbor, Ship fire/Explosion 7 miles off Rockaway, NYPD Aviation has removed 1 crew member with severe burns to SI Univ. Burn Center. 6-crew members on board ship fighting fire with CG. MNS2/3 [MNS342]. 2:01p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: u/a 1186 location of incident: NY Harbor, Ship fire/explosion 7 miles off Rockaway. FDNY MAR 6 responded to scene & MAR Co. 9 responded to Staten Island Homeport to pick up crews of 2 Engines, 1 Truck, Rescue 5 & B21 on orders of SOC BC. MNS2/3 [MNS342]. 2:02p.m.
· Update - NY Harbor, ship fire/explosion 7 miles off Rockaway, near Ambrose Light, conflicting reports from scene from PD & CG about fire "reflashing" NYPD Harbor & Aviation en-route back. FDNY SI operations taking over incident. MNS2/3 [MNS342]. 2:08p.m.
· Update – STATEN ISLAND, NY: Box is now 8039: NY Harbor, ship fire/explosion 7 miles off Rockaway, near Ambrose Light. 13-crew members still on board. Fire is in engine room of 380 ft freighter. Still awaiting arrival of FDNY MC6 on scene. MNS2/3 [MNS342]. 2:14p.m.
· AMHERST, NH: MVA on Route 10. Reported as 3 cars with serious injuries. Medflight responding. L/Z is Route 101 at Camp Road. *33.640* [TAC9-C101]. 2:40p.m.
· STATEN ISLAND, NY *Freighter boat fire* Box 8038, 7 miles south of Ambrose Light. DIV. 8 has fire in an empty 9000 ton multi-carrier freighter boat. FDNY Units have not boarded boat yet due to rough seas. Coast Guard advises that fire is knocked down. [EAN90]. 2:50p.m.
· Update – STATEN ISLAND, Box 8039: NY Harbor, ship fire/explosion 7 miles off Rockaway, near Ambrose Light. MC6 reports heavy seas, 6-8 ft swells @ scene. Setting up Jacobs Ladder to attempt to put officer on board vessel to report on fire control. MNS2/3 [MNS342]. 2:53p.m.
· Update - STATEN ISLAND, NY: There was a explosion from the boiler on the ship and possibly another explosion as well. 1 burn victim has been removed from boat via NYPD Aviation. [EAN90]. 2:53p.m.
· Update - STATEN ISLAND, NY: Box 8039: Ship fire/explosion 7 mi. off Rockaway, near Ambrose Light. MC6 reports heavy smoke condition on vessel, which is lifting. Marine 9 just underway can return to quarters. Only 1 injury, the previously removed 10-45 Code 2. *FINAL* MNS2/3 [MNS342]. 3:28p.m.
· MANCHESTER, CT: Working fire in the Pine Ridge Condo's on New State Rd. A kitchen fire. 1 line working. Holding all Companies on scene. *154.355* [TAC9-C09]. 3:33p.m.
· HANSON, MA: Working fire at 129 State Street. Dwelling fire. *483.550* C520 [TAC9-C461]. 4:07p.m.
· MONMOUTH, ME: Working fire on Maple St. near the Post Office. Structure fire. M/A Aerial Ladder from Winthrop & Engines from Wales & Leeds FD's to the fire. *154.055* [TAC9-C31]. 4:27p.m.
· E DRUMORE (LANCASTER Co.), PA: 2nd Alarm at 381 Scotland Rd. Dwelling - well involved. [DC/PA1]. 4:48p.m.
· Update - MONMOUTH, ME: Working fire on Maple St. 40'x60' 2.5-story wood frame house with heavy fire conditions. Additional M/A from Wales & Greene FD's. *154.055* [TAC9-C31]. 5:26p.m.
· BALTIMORE Co., MD: **2nd Alarm** at 9924 Harford Rd. Co.#10 - Parkville (Carney). Have a 2.5-story occupied wood frame dwelling with fire starting in the basement from a possible gas explosion. Fire now in the walls. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 5:54p.m.
· STLFN: LEMAY (ST.LOUIS Co.), MO: Lemay FPD *1st Alarm* @ 9521 Longwood x Gentry. Fire in the attic of a dwelling. 1 line off & supply line laid. [STL899]. 7:16p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 4770 at 87-42 Parsons Blvd. 1-story Commercial frame with fire in cockloft exposure 4. DIV-13 I/C. (MNS-30*IAP) * 7:51p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 4770 at 87-42 Parsons Blvd @ 87 Rd. 1-story frame commercial 100x60. Fire into exposure 4 cockloft. BN54 SAFETY, BN-53 COMCORD, DIV-13 I/C (MNS-30*IAP) * 7:54p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 4770 at 87-42 Parsons Blvd @ 87 RD. 4 lines in operation. Primary search negative basement fire building. Exp4 SWH. DIV-13 I/C. (MNS-30*IAP) * 7:57p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 4770 at 87-42 Parsons Blvd @ 87 Rd. 4 lines run. Fire darkening down. Return all Spec Units. Fire PWH. DIV-13 I/C. (MNS-30*IAP) * 8:00p.m.
· GREENVILE, SC: (Piedmont Park FD) *2nd Alarm wildland fire* Altamont Rd on Parish Mountain. Wildland fire involving numerous large dwellings. Evacuation of civilians. M/A 4 FD's. Helicopter water drops. High winds, low humidity. [CFP272/298/242*803]. 8:00p.m.
· KEENE, NH: Snowmobile accident on Rt.12 near "Sims Portex." Child thrown from snowmobile with fractures. *154.430/453.0125* [TAC9-C31]. 8:02p.m.
· BRIDGEPORT, CT: Working fire at 3598 Main Street. Fire in a 2.5-story wood frame dwelling. CT9098/151 [TAC9-C461]. 8:14p.m.
· WINCHENDON, MA: Working fire at 41 Royalston Road. A camper fully involved with exposure to a barn. Request EMS ASAP for a victim with facial burns. C520 [TAC9-C101]. 8:39p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - ACTON, MA: 14 Haywood Rd. Structure fire. *453.175* C20/C158/C519 [TAC9-C520]. 9:49p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - WILLIAMSBURG, VA: Hospitality House Hotel, 415 Richmond Rd. Fire on 2nd floor. Command requests All Hands Box and 2nd Alarm. (VFN113). 9:52p.m.
· WILLIAMSBURG, VA: Update - 2nd Alarm, 415 Richmond Rd. Hospitality House. Interior reports fire held in check by sprinklers. Heavy smoke. Extended Automatic Aid from York Co., James City Co., and US Military. (VFN113). 10:00p.m.
· Update - ACTON, MA: 2nd Alarm - Box 353 at 115 Haywood Rd. Heavy fire on rear porch extended into house. Water problems. M/A to the scene. *453.175* C20/C158/C519 [TAC9-C520]. 10:01p.m.
· JERSEY CITY, NJ: 2nd Alarm on arrival, now a 3rd Alarm, 1097 Summit Ave. Two 3-story wood frame dwellings fully involved. [EAN318/800/10]. 10:47p.m.
· WARWICK, RI: Working fire at 3029 West Shore Rd. Fire in a 1.5-story wood frame. Fire knocked down & PWH. *154.310* [TAC9-C319]. 10:57p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for January 20, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatch Coordinator Scott Berringer
Campbell County, KY: MVA/PIN I-471 SB @ I-275. Central Campbell, Southgate, and Wilder FDs enroute. FPO/D1002 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 750 Morse Rd. Cos: Eng 24, 6, 61, Lad 24, 101, Res101enG, Med 24, BN 2, 7. Fire in same bldg as 2nd alarm last night, different location. FPO/284/D260 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 750 Morse Rd. Bathroom fire in ine room. Quick K/D. No extension. No RIC companies needed. Holding Eng 24, Lad 24. FPO/284/D260 ©
Truro Twp FD (Franklin): W/F 6912 Starfire Dr. Cos: Eng 161, 151, Lad 23, Res592cuE, Med 162, 5, BN 161, 151, 6. FPO/D284 ©
Truro Twp FD (Franklin): W/F 6912 Starfire Dr. Eng 161 reports fire K/D. Holding Eng 161, Med 162, BN 161. FPO/D284 ©
Champion Twp FD (Trumbull): W/F 6466 Mahoning Ave. Car fire in un attached garage with extension to house. M/A Bazetta, & Bristolville FDs. FPO/D256 ©
Cleveland FD: W/F 1818 Lamar Ct. BN 4 reports a 2 sty house well involved. Cos: Eng 4, 24, Lad 4, Squad 2, & BN 4. Eng 20 - Worker. Lad 20 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Garrettsville Freedom Nelson JFD (Portage): W/F 10520 Reynolds Rd. F/I Structure. M/A Mantua Shalersville FD. FPO/256/D323 ©
Hubbard FD (Trumbull): MVA/PIN Jacobs & Washington. Sta 28 enroute with JAWS. 2 Rural/Metro Ambulances enroute. TC911/FPO/256/D323 ©
Garrettsville Freedom Nelson JFD (Portage): W/F 10520 Reynolds Rd. Add'l M/A from Trumbull County Sta 45, 22, & 17. TC911/FPO/323/D256 ©
--- Pages Today: 10
--- Pages YTD: 266
Jan 20, 2003
PA Firefighter Killed in Reported Collapse at Fire
A Shippensburg firefighter Keith Hess, 22, a West End Fire/Rescue volunteer died Monday after the roof of a Huntingdon County building collapsed as he battled a fire there.
The victim briefly was trapped inside the building along with a second firefighter when a chimney and part of the second story of the building collapsed about 5 p.m. Both were freed by other firefighters.
Four firefighters were inside the building at the time of the collapse.
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
LEWISVILLE, TX: 2nd Alarm Structure Fire. Box 102. 1800 Chisolm Trail. 1-Story single family ranch home. Heavy fire through the roof upon arrival. Exposure problems in sector B, C and D. Several lines off. All searches clear. Battalion 160, Engines 161, 164, 165, 166, Quints 162, 163, Truck 161, Medics 161, 162, Chiefs 161, 163, 165, Investigators 165, 167, Rehab 162, Highland Village Air Unit. 2255 hours.
Brooklyn, N.Y. 01/20/03 @ 22:30 hrs.
East Flatbush Section
address: 4513 Ave. " D "
between: East 45th. St. & East 46th. St.
3740 @ 22:18
Engs. 310, 255, 248
Lads. 174, 157
10 - 75 - 3740 @ 22:22
TowerLadder 170 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #1
Batt. 58 Division 15
2 Story Commercial Bldg. Size ?
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 3740 @ 22:25
Batt. 41 reports, Will be using All - Hands. Fire on the 1st. floor of a 2 story commercial bldg. 1 - line stretched & in operation. 2nd. line being stretched. Truck's "Opening Up" Fire's Doubtful. Special Call an extra Engine & Truck.
@ 22:26 Eng. 257 & Ladder 147 are s/c
@ 22:33 Division 15:
3 - lines stretched, 2 - lines in operation. 1 - line to the 1st. floor. 1 - line stretched to the 2nd. floor. Main body of fire knocked down. Will stay with Doubtful at this time "K"
@ 22:41 Division 15:
4 - lines are stretched, 4 - lines in operation. Primary search being conducted. Fire on the 1st. floor, 2nd. floor, & possibly into the cochloff. Fire Still Doubtful
@ 22:41 Special Call an additional Engine Co. Eng. 281 is s/c
@ 22:46 Division 15:
Primary search of the 1st. floor & 2nd. floor are negative.
@ 22:49 Division 15: Fire is Probably Will Hold.
@ 22:59 Division 15:
Secondary search of the 2nd. floor is negative. Secondary search of the 1st. floor still in progress. Fire is UnderControl.
@ 23:10 Division 15:
Secondary search of the 1st. floor is negative. "K"
@ 23:19 Special Call a Truck for Salvage. Lad. 123 is s/c
Western New York's Public Safety Page! Here you will find information on area Fire Dept., Police Dept., and Ambulance companies.
- Chris Wright
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(EAN) Emergency Action Network
P.O. Box 110
Spring Lake, NJ. 07762
Phone # 1800-286-2876
Owner: Peter Danzo
N.J, NYC & PA Areas
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: World Of Fire Report: 01-20-03
01-22-2003, 06:39 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 01-20-03
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)