Thread: World Of Fire Report: 01-21-03
01-23-2003, 08:24 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 01-21-03
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Tuesday, January 21, 2003
· STOUGHTON, MA: Working fire, Box-7 at 513 Canton Street. Reported fire in a 15x25 garage extended from a wood stove. Co.'s charging lines. *453.0250* [TAC9-C20]. 12:18a.m.
· Update – STOUGHTON, MA: Working fire, Box-7 at 513 Canton Street. I/C reports fire knocked down. Co.'s checking for extension. PWH. *453.0250* C519/C227/C231 [TAC9-C20]. 12:24a.m.
· YONKERS, NY **3rd Alarm** 95 Hart Ave near Glen Rd. BC2 reports fully involved 2.5-story frame with extension to exposure 2 and 4. Frozen hydrants. A dead end street. Very DWH. (484.7125). [MNS142]. 12:28a.m.
· YONKERS, NY: **3rd Alarm** 95 Hart Ave off Glen Rd. A dead end street. Heavy fire in a 2.5-story wood frame. Fire all floors and in to the exposure. Many dead hydrants on the block. Engine Companies trying to find good one and bring water. Fire is very DWH. [EAN402/EAN26]. 12:29a.m.
· HOWELL TWP. (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: *3rd Alarm Equiv.* 214 Birdsall Rd. Command on scene of a fully involved horse barn fire. M/A Tankers and Engines from 4 additional Companies. M/A FAST Truck from Wall Twp. [EAN90]. 2:15a.m.
· 2nd Alarm - TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: Manning Ave/Ulster St. Fire top floor of row housing. 2nd Alarm by orders Chief 33. TFN332. [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 4:52a.m.
· WOODBRIDGE TWP., NJ: 3rd Alarm fatal fire at 6 W. Cliff Rd. House fire. One fatality. M/A from 6 area Fire Companies. [EAN205/10]. 5:24a.m.
· Update - HOWELL TWP. (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 3rd Alarm 214 Birdsall Rd. House fire - well involved + total collapse. Extensive M/A to work. [EAN90/10]. 5:27a.m.
· Update - YONKERS, NY: 3rd Alarm at 95 Hart Ave. Fire in several dwellings now (PWH). [EAN402/10]. 5:31a.m.
· BELMONT, NH: on Concord St. 27 yr old person found in vehicle - hypothermia victim. 1045C1 (DOA). *159.900* (C21) (C158) [TAC9-C31]. 7:19a.m.
· PETERBOROUGH, NH: Hazmat on Main & School St at the Gulf Station. 150-200 gallons of gasoline spilled from a tanker. Multiple agencies on scene working cleanup. *154.430/453.0125* (C21) (C158) [TAC9-C31]. 7:22a.m.
· SHIPPENSBURG, PA: Delayed **Firefighter Fatality** Blair Mill Apts. Firefighter passed away overnight from injuries received after structural collapse during overhaul operations on afternoon 1/20/03. [DC/PA1]. 8:26a.m.
· MIAMI (DADE Co.), FL: 2nd Alarm Equiv. Hotel fire at 16257 Collins Ave near Sunny Isles. Report of heavy fire & smoke. All evacuated. [ALERT-FS-98-01].
· 2nd Alarm – MIDDLETOWN, CT: on Pratt St. Reported fire in a commercial type structure. Request for M/A to work and coverage. CT19 [TAC9-C06]. 8:44a.m.
· GALENA (KENT Co.), MD: 33870 Golts Rd. 2nd Alarm Equiv. Numerous M/A Units from New Castle County, DE. No size-up at this time. [EAN23]. 8:54a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – HAMPTON, NH: 495 Ocean Blvd at "Surfside 30" 3-story wood frame Condominium complex. Fire in the walls. *154.145* (C101) [TAC9-C31]. 9:00a.m.
· Update – MIAMI (DADE Co.), FL: Hotel fire @ 16257 Collins Ave. near Sunny Isles. FD requests another Rescue & Engine to scene. 40 minutes into call at this time. [ALERT-FS-01]. 9:03a.m.
· NEWARK, NJ: Box 1447 – Working fire *Double-fatal-fire* 424 S. 16th St. Heavy fire in a 3-story dwelling. 2-fatalities at the scene. [EANSTAFF--EAN10]. 9:06a.m.
· Update – MIAMI (DADE Co.), FL: Hotel fire @ 16257 Collins Ave. near Sunny Isles. FD now reports fire under control. [ALERT-FS-01]. 9:31a.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO) CANADA: 2nd Alarm 485 Kingston Road. 7-story occupied multiple dwelling with fire on 2nd floor. Heavy smoke conditions. Crews hitting fire at this time. TFN300 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 10:00a.m.
· PRINCESS ANNE (SOMERSET Co.), MD: Overnight (0500hrs EST): **Double fatal mobile home fire** at 11845 Draw Bridge Rd. House – fully involved & on the ground on arrival. Victims discovered during overhaul. Fire Marshal Units/MSP on location. Princess Anne Station 5 on the initial Alarm. [ESFN 8 (H/L 3/CHRIS)]. 10:15a.m.
· LAKEWOOD, NJ: *General Alarm* 315 Governors Rd. Heavy fire in an Apartment building. [EAN12/10]. 10:29a.m.
· Update - WOODBRIDGE TWP., NJ: *3rd Alarm* from early this a.m. *Double fatal fire* 6 Cliff Rd. 2 fatalities at a house fire. [EAN205/10]. 10:59a.m.
· STLFN: O’FALLON (ST CHARLES Co.), MO: O’Fallon FPD had a trailer fire in the Stone Creek Mobile Home Park off of Mexico Rd. No details heard but the State Fire Marshal is en-route. 9114 remaining to assist in investigation. *FINAL* [STL388]. 11:05a.m.
· BELFAST, ME: Working fire on High Street. Multi-unit Apartment building fire. M/A Companies working at the scene. *45.48/155.805* [TAC9-C31]. 11:09a.m.
· BELFAST, ME: Working fire on High Street. Fire in an occupied multiple dwelling. M/A to work & cover. Fire is PWH. [TAC9-C101]. 11:09a.m.
· 2nd Alarm - TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 47 Granby St. 3-story detached. Fire 2nd floor. Heavy smoke b/o TFN300 on scene. DWH at this time. *TAC S2* TFN300/TFN409 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 11:29a.m.
· PARKSLEY (ACCOMAC Co.), VA: *Working structure fire* with possible entrapment on Jermaine Lane. Chief 7 reports structure is fully involved. Station 7 Parksley, 6 Bloxum, 8 Tasley on the initial. Fire Marshal Unit and Power Co. on scene. NFIATT. [ESFN 8 (H/L 34/47/62)]. 11:46a.m.
· MAYWOOD (BERGEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 146 Parkway. House fire. M/A requested from Hackensack and Paramus to the scene. Also request additional BLS to the scene for a firefighter injured. [EAN301/EAN388]. 12:15p.m.
· STLFN: FRANKLIN Co., MO: Boles FPD has a MVA with a tractor-trailer fully involved on Westbound I-44 west of the Pacific Exit. Additional Tankers and a 2nd Ambulance have been dispatched. [STL819]. 1:53p.m.
· REVERE, MA: Working fire - Box 481 at 109 Dolphin Ave. Fire in the floor. 2 lines run – PWH. *154.175* C302/C519 [TAC9-C520]. 1:54p.m.
· BOSTON, MA: MVA/MCI on Mass Ave & Columbus Ave. Vehicle vs. T-Bus. Request for multi-AMBs. Possible 10-10/45's Code-3's (neck & back). Companies setting up staging area. *462.975/950* [TAC9-C66]. 2:55p.m.
· Update – BOSTON, MA: MVA/MCI on Mass Ave & Columbus Ave. Total of (12) 10/45's transported, all code-3's. Incident now under control. *462.9500* [TAC9-C66]. 3:28p.m.
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: *Working Fire/SWAT* 1412 S. Rocheblave St. 2 arm robbery suspects held up on the 3rd floor of a project building with a fire set by them on the 2nd floor. Stand-by mode. [NOLA]. 3:38p.m.
· 2nd Alarm(+) TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 432 Margueretta St. Fire thru the roof of a residential dwelling. 2 Ladder Pipes & several large lines working. TFN315/AVN01 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 3:41p.m.
· Update – TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 2nd Alarm at 432 Margueretta St. 3-story dwelling; Fire 1st floor extended up to attic. 2 Aerials up (1 as L/P); extra 2E/1T/SQ over 2nd Alarm. 1 Firefighter injured. Weather conditions very cold. DWH. TFN313 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 3:44p.m.
· STAATSBURG (DUTCHESS Co.), NY: **2nd Alarm** 4 South Cross Rd. House fire. M/A from 2 towns and BLS' to the scene. [EAN388]. 4:19p.m.
· STLFN: (1600hrs) ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ 3515 Carter. 1 line off on a vacant 2-story building. NFI. [STL899@WRK]. 4:22p.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO) CANADA: Upgrade to 3rd Alarm at 432 Margueretta St. Fire in a 3-story dwelling. Fire floor-1 extended up to the attic. 2 Aerials (1 L/P). AVN01 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 4:32p.m.
· BOW, NH: 2nd Alarm on arrival at 37 Allen Rd. House fire. M/A Tankers to the fire. *154.355/460.5875* (C101) [TAC9-C31]. 5:00p.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO) CANADA: 4th Alarm at 432 Margueretta St. Dist.34; 15x30 3-story dwelling. Fire floor-1 extended up to the attic and thru roof in places. Many hidden pockets of fire. All crews now out of building hitting fire from Ladders; 2 Aerials (1 L/P); 5X2-1/2 6X1-1/2 lines stretched operating; C30 I/C; PWH at 4th Alarm with extended operations. TFN313 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 5:14p.m.
· 3rd Alarm – BOW, NH: 37 Allen Rd. House fire with heavy fire throughout 2-story house. All Co.'s ordered out of the building. *154.355/460.5875* (C101) [TAC9-C31]. 5:18p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ Natural Bridge & Clarence. Heavy smoke & fire showing from the 2nd floor of a building. 1 line off. [STL899]. 6:26p.m.
· SLATE HILL (ORANGE Co.), NY: **2nd Alarm Equiv** 180 Gardner Rd near Gardner Hill Rd. Fire in an unknown type building. M/A to work and cover. [EAN301]. 6:27p.m.
· STATE HILL (ORANGE Co.), NY: **2nd Alarm** 180 Carter Rd. Building fire. M/A Tankers. NFI [MNS-516*]. 6:35p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s working fire @ Natural Bridge & Clarence. Fire in a vacant 2-story brick building. 1 line off. Fire now under control & Co.'s overhauling at this time. [STL899]. 6:44p.m.
· DELAWARE TWP. (PIKE Co.), PA: *Working fire* Route 739 Delaware Ridge. Confirmed fire in a Commercial building. 9912 [EAN318]. 7:05p.m.
· Update – DELAWARE (PIKE Co.), PA: *Working fire* on Route 739. Fire in a commercial building – possibly a store. M/A Tanker to the scene. [EAN301]. 7:08p.m.
· NEW BEDFORD, MA: Working fire on Hall St. between Rivet and Thompson Streets. 2.5-story wood frame with fire on top floor. *470.5125* [TAC9-C105]. 7:45p.m.
· Update - NEW BEDFORD, MA: Working fire on Hall St. Fire in the attic of a 2.5-story wood frame occupied multiple dwelling. OIC ordering all Companies out of the building. Heavy fire now on top floor – DWH. *470.5125*. [TAC9-C105]. 7:58p.m.
· NORWICH TWP., COLUMBUS, OH: 2nd Alarm Equiv. 6514 Roberts Rd. Heavy fire in a large single-family dwelling. M/A from Columbus, Prairie Twp., Pleasant twp., West Jeff. Firefighters hampered by very cold temps. [FPO/221/D284] (c). 9:09p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working Still Alarm for a fire in a house at 4223 California. BC804 reports a fire on the 2nd floor 1 line off. PUMPERS: 4, 32, 1, HL4, & BC804. [STL819]. 9:53p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD'S working Still Alarm house fire at 4223 California. BC 804 reports the fire is under control. BC804 has requested FIU CAR 821 and the PD for vandalism and an intentionally set fire. [STL819]. 10:09p.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 2nd Alarm at 101 Strath Ave b/o C43 (Royal York/Dundas) *W3* P422 reports smoke visible on arrival. Dwelling fire. A/L421+ fill-ins on initial. Numerous calls reported flames from a dwelling. P422 reports fire in bathroom extended to roof peak. TFN313 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 10:15p.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: Update - 2nd Alarm 101 Strath Ave. Fire knocked down. Primary & secondary searches negative. Return 2nd Alarm Companies b/o C43. TFN313 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 10:21p.m.
· FALMOUTH, MA: Working fire at 148 Gansett Dr. 2-story residential. Heavy fire showing on arrival. *800* C316 [TAC9-C289]. 11:14p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - FALMOUTH, MA: 148 Gansett Rd. 2-story residential - 90% involved. Heavy fire showing on arrival. M/A to scene & cover. Red Cross to scene. *800* C316 [TAC9-C289]. 11:26p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – FALMOUTH, MA: CAPE COD at 148 Gansett Drive reported heavy fire in a 2-residential structure. M/A to scene and coverage. DWH. *800* C289/C519/C316 [TAC9-C20]. 11:45p.m.
DC Firecom/Baltimore Metro Dispatch Report
January 21, 2003
BALTIMORE, MD (29-1): Dwelling / 2800 Rockrose Ave / BC-3 rpts a 2 sty brk end-of-grp w/fire 2nd fl / fire U/C / Searches (-) / T-10 invld in a PD accident enrt on the WFD. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 21:07hrs.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for January 21, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatch Coordinator Scott Berringer
Shanango Twp, PA FD (Mercer): W/F 2639 Tarmac. 2 sty house fully involved. M/A enroute. FPO/D724 ©
Norwich Twp FD (Franklin): W/F 6514 Roberts Rd. NTFD, Tank 261, 241 enroute. FPO/221/D284 ©
Norwich Twp FD (Franklin): W/F 6514 Roberts Rd. Large house with fire showing. Add Eng 241 and Tank 251. FPO/221/D284 ©
Norwich Twp FD (Franklin): W/F 6514 Roberts Rd. BN 81 requesting Electric company ASAP, wires coming down. Heavy fire in garage area. Eng 26, Med 26 S/C'd. FPO/221/D284 ©
Norwich Twp FD (Franklin): W/F 6514 Roberts Rd. Add Lad 26, BN 5, Med 241. Tanker shuttle in progress. FFs hampered by cold temperatures. FPO/221/D284 ©
Norwich Twp FD (Franklin): 2nd Alm Equiv 6514 Roberts Rd. BN 81 req Air Supply 1 and Red Cross. Also req 2 Add'l Engs for Relief. FPO/221/D284 ©
Norwich Twp FD (Franklin): 2nd Alm Equiv 6514 Roberts Rd. BN 81 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. Eng 30, & 251 enroute for relief. FPO/221/D284 ©
--- Pages Today: 7
--- Pages YTD: 273
The U.S. Fire Administration has received notice of the following firefighter fatality:
Name: Dennis G. Mignerone
Years of Service: 26.5
Date of Incident: 01/21/03
Time of Incident: 2030 Hrs
Date of Death: 01/21/03
Fire Department: Webster Groves Fire Department
Fire Department Address: 6 South Elm Avenue, Webster Groves, MO 63119
Fire Department Phone: (314) 963-5329
Fire Department Chief: Chief Mike Capriglione
Cause of Death: Captain Mignerone was on duty and was doing department prescribed exercises when he had chest pains. He was transported to the hospital and pronounced dead from causes still to be determined (probably a heart attack).
Tribute is being paid to Captain Mignerone,
*** REPOR T FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Below is a Report I Just got in from Australia Firefighter/Photographer Kernin Lambert about their BAD Bushfire*** Jan 21, 2003.
- Bob Bartosz firstname.lastname@example.org
Just a quick update on the fires. Todays horror weather did not eventuate (thankfully). I was deployed on a strike team into the Blue Mountains (The most critical trouble spot in NSW) and stoodby in case of an outbreak. Over the past few days we have been deployed into Canberra. It is the most devestating fire scene imaginable. The destruction was so complete in some places it doesn't even look like there was a fire there; The fire was so hot, even all remnants of carbon, ashes and burnt material are gone. All that remain are non combustible items, such as masonry. The ground in some places is just sand, like the beach. There is just nothing left on the surface. It looks more like an earthquake site than a fire scene, with street after street just flatened rubble, including highrise apartment blocks. The count at the moment is 388 houses destroyed, Mt Stromlo observatory, Australian Capital Territory health cetre, several petrol stations, a high school, a shopping centre and numerous structures. Most infrastrcture is destroyed. One third of the ACT Fire Brigade appliances were destroyed, as well as a fire station.
There remain numerous fires burning accross the state and the situation is far from over. Our next critical day will be this Saturday, when temps again go into the 40's and we experience hot dry winds, capable of sustaining fire storms. I understand the pine forest that caused Saturdays fire storm released flammable turpintine gases, ahead of the fire, which when ignited, sent large flames hundreds of metres ahead of the fire front, which would explain the highly destructive nature of this fire. It should be noted that there was a cleared break of around 150m (450'), of completely open ground, between the edge of the pine forest and the first line of houses.
Thanks to everyone for their concern and kind wishes. Morale amongst the firefighters is good and we're taking each day as it comes.
Brooklyn, N. Y. 01/21/03 @ 02:30 hrs.
East New York Section
address: 202 Barbey Street
between: Atlantic Ave. & Fulton St.
1762 @ 02:26
Engs. 332, 236, 233
Lads. 175, 176
10 - 75 - 1762 @ 02:31
Ladder 103 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #252
2 Story Brick 20 x 60
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Vacant Lot
Batt. 44 reports, 1 - line stretched & in operation. Truck's are "Opening Up" Fire looks like it's on the top floor "K"
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1762 @ 02:44
Division 15 reports, Box 1762, Using All - Hands. Fire on the 2nd. floor of a 2 story occupied dwelling. 1 - line stretched & in operation. Primary search is negative. Fire's UnderControl.
Division 15: Secondary searches are all negative. "K"
Manhattan, N.Y. 01/21/03 @ 02:45
Upper East Side
address: 432 East 89th. Street
between: York Ave. & 1st. Ave.
1189 @ 02:39
Engs. 53, 44, 39, 22*
Lads. 43, 16
Rescue Co. #1*
Squad Co. #41*
*4 Engs. / 2 Tks. / Rescue & Squad due to many calls.
10 - 75 - 1189 @ 02:45
Ladder 13* is designated as the "FAST" Truck
*Note: Eng. 22 & Lad. 13 would normally be 1st. in, but became available from another run and was then assigned.
5 Story Brick 30 x 50 O. M. D.
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type attach
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1189 @ 02:47
Batt. 10 reports, Using All - Hands for a fire on the 1st. floor in the rear. 1 - line stretched & in operation. Truck's "Opening Up" Have a heavy smoke condition "K" Fire's Doubtful.
@ 02:54 Batt. 10:
Fire has been knocked down. Primary search of the fire floor and floor above is negative. "K"
@ 02:56 Division 3:
Secondary search is negative. Fire's UnderControl.
LOS ANGELES, CA:
On Tuesday, January 21, 2003 at 0304 hours (3:04 a.m.), ten companies of Los Angels Firefighters, two Battalion Command Teams, and two LAFD Rescue Ambulances, under the direction of Battalion Commander Daniel L. McCarty, respond to a Greater Alarm Structure Fire at 5020 N. Laurel Canyon Boulevard in the North Hollywood area. First units on the scene reported a two-story garden style apartment building with fire and heavy smoke showing from one unit on the second floor. Firefighters using handlines quickly and aggressively attacked the fire with handlines confining the fire to the one unit and extinguished the fire in twenty minutes. One vehicle stained damage from falling debris. Two occupants were home at the time of the fire and both escaped without injuries because of the early warning by working smoke detectors. During firefighting operations, one Firefighter suffered first and second degree burns to one ear and was transported to Sherman Oaks Community Hospital in good condition. No other injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is listed as “accidental (misuse of candles). Fire damage is estimated at $60,000. ($35,000 structure, $20,000 contents and $5,000 to vehicle)
REPORT PREPARED BY:
James "Jim" R. Wells
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room OCD-E423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: email@example.com
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
1519hrs 21 Jan 03
New Jasper Township (Greene) OH: **2nd alarm equivalent** 4754 N Lakeshore Dr. Upon arrival, crews had a 1 story single family dwelling, with heavy smoke and fire from the eaves. At one point, an exposure to the East caught fire, but was quickly contained. New Jasper Township was assisted by Jamestown, Cedarville, Bowersville and Xenia Township fire department's.
Miami Valley Breaking News
COOL FDNY WEB SITES
Lt. Brian P. Kazmierzak
Clay Fire Territory IAFF #1630 Training Officer
Chairman Michiana School of Fire and Emergency Services
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
NEFNN (New England Fire Inc)
PO Box 590387
Newton Mass 02459
paging carrier Arch Wireless
Paging fire info since 1989 oldest known group around.
Paging fires from all of New England, New York, New Jersey and Major cities thru-out the United States and Canada.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)