kevinr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default AFA Field Training

Has anyone here gone taken the Arkansas Fire Academy's Firefighter I field training?

I have been thinking about it but would like more information.

Forum Member

Hey Kevin, By field training I presume you mean outside of the Camden facility, or at one of the sattelite facilities. I've had a few from our Dept. attend these. Two a few years ago at XNA in Benton County, and one currently at the Lincoln facility. My take is it's all in the ability of the instructors, the facilities are there, you've got to have the right instructors. The new rep. David Myers at the Lincoln facility is highly qualified and seems to be really motivated to improve training in his district. If my guy in the class didn't think it was any good I'd have heard about it by now. We really look forward to utilizing this facility again, as long as the legislators will keep up with the funding.
    Chief Frank Rizzio
    Pea Ridge Fire Dept.
    Pea Ridge AR. 72751

kevinr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks for the reply Chief. You are correct, I was talking about a facility outside the Camden location. If you were to look at their website, it does talk about the field program, but is very vague.

Our Region (Saline Co.) has a new coordinator, and region. They created the Region V recently. My guess is because going from Benton/Bryant area to Marshall was a bit much. Anyway, or coordinator is Bob Edwards, and seems to be a good guy. (Previous was Lee Threadgood.)

Forum Member

Kevin, Bob Edwards IS a pretty good guy. If you ever get with him at Emmittsburg... make him buy a few rounds at the Ott House.
    Good Luck, Frank

Thread Information