Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Cinderella Robber Tracked With Shoe

This is just too funny for words.....

Cinderella robber tracked with shoe

Southam Newspapers Thursday, January 23, 2003

PORT ALBERNI -- A local man will be spending the next 10 months in jail, following a botched armed robbery attempt that saw him pistol-whipped with his own weapon and tracked down after he left behind a sandal at the scene.

Corey D. Gagne, 29, appeared in provincial court for sentencing on one count of robbery and one count of using an imitation firearm.

The Crown stayed one count of wearing a disguise during the commission of an offence.

Court heard that just before 1 a.m. on Dec. 17, Gagne entered the Third Avenue Husky gas station's convenience store wearing a black hooded track suit and goggles, shod in a pair of flip-flop sandals.

According to Crown counsel Gordon Baines, Gagne pointed a handgun at the clerk, saying "Don't do anything!" and demanding money.

"The clerk had just said to himself, 'This is a guy I went to school with," Baines told the court.

"Then he could see the letters on the gun, saying CO2."

The clerk was even more convinced that the weapon was a carbon dioxide-powered pellet gun when the suspect waved it in the air.

"It looked too light to be a real gun," Baines said.

According to the Crown, the clerk then wrested the weapon away from Gagne, and smacked him on the back of the head with it, cutting his scalp.

The two wrestled in the doorway, Baines said. The clerk was unable to detain the would-be robber, who fled on foot, leaving behind one sandal in the store and the other by a dumpster.

Gagne was picked up by police about one hour later, outside a nearby apartment.

According to the Crown, he not only matched the description of the suspect, he had a cut on his scalp, and his foot was a perfect match for the sandal left behind at the crime scene.

© Copyright 2003 Times Colonist (Victoria)
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 01-23-2003 at 04:02 PM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

that kinda reminds of the a burglar here in waco that stoled some cans of paint from a construction site. He was caught because the police just followed a trail of paint from a leaking can.

Wonder if these two guys should be put up for Darwin Awards.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Thread Information