Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: NJ Transit???? Trains??? ....

Originally posted by hwoods
    Bones! Is there a story lurking out there? NJ Transit.... Hmmm..... I have spent enough time in locomotive cabs to know that you absolutely will not detour the 5:15 to Weehauken down a side street..... Stay Safe....
    I am not that familiar with the NJ Transit system in Hudson County, but I think if you are on the 5:15 to Weehawken, you ARE on a side street, as it doesn't goto Weehawken

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Damnifino, George

My knowledge of New Joisy is limited. I can't spell Weewalkin, much less go there, even at 5:15 on a clear day, with my own locomotive. Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

It's actually a pretty nice City. There is a road, Boulevard East, that has a beautiful view of the NYC skyline. They filmed parts of the movie "Moonstruck" there.

But you know our motto: "Welcome to New Jersey. Now Go Home".

George
    Exit 28

Forum Member

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    It's actually a pretty nice City. There is a road, Boulevard East, that has a beautiful view of the NYC skyline. They filmed parts of the movie "Moonstruck" there.

But you know our motto: "Welcome to New Jersey. Now Go Home".

George
    Exit 28

Do not forget the big sign on rt 22 in PA after you have fled New Jersey
    "Pennsylvania America Starts Here"

I'm working in Easton tommrow I'll post a picture

I guess New Jersey does not count. It really sucks now that they are charging everybody $1 to get out of the state

To be on topic We do help one of the towing places out when there is an accident. That is the place that gives us cars for training. He has drivers on page 15 min after they get there we are done and gone. The other guy sucks, he only has one truck and it takes him like 30-45 mins to get there (our department covers 1 square mile). A two car accident at 2 am usually takes 3 hours to clear untill wakes up, drives to his shop, gets the truck jump started, gets to the sceen, hooks the car, tows it back, dumps it, returns to the accident, hooks the other car. Often when that guy gets called we will just push the car off to the side of the road and leave.

Forum Member

We usually sweep it out of the lane of traffic and into a pile so that it is passable and they dont pick up a piece of glass and get a flat. I belive the wrecker(or tow truck whatever you call it) driver is responsible for disposing of the debris.

As for vehicle fluid, we used to just wash it off, but now they make up use Absorvall and then sweep it up, but most of the time its us helping the wrecker driver do it.
    Matt

LIEUTENANT
    Covington Fire/Rescue, Texas

U.S.A.F Reserve Firefighter

Thread Information