MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Thumbs up velcro!

I have the velcro style (purchased at a booth at the Firehouse Expo a few years back). I only use it to hang my gloves on the gear rack when they get wet. I find the velcro to be easy-access....I can't see losing a glove since they're pretty much on my hands when I'm at a call or training. (And at extra-small, no ones going to take them!)

Smile Glove Keepers/ Glove Straps

My whole dept received the velco gloves straps and we love them. I'm thinking about buying an extra set for my winter gloves since I'm getting tired of trying to shove them into the pockets of my winter coat.

dazed and confused

I've used both types of glove holders that have been discussed. I've also tried the carabiner thing.

I never had good luck with any of them, cuz I'd usually end up fumbling with the thing in the dark.

I found this idea from an article a while back, and it has been working GREAT. Take a smaller spring clamp available from your local hardware store. Then pass a split o-rinng/key ring or a small carabiner through the actual spring on the clamp. This gives you a clamp you can hang on your truck belt, or from a d-ring or take-up strap on your gear.

The cuffs of the gloves are then slid into the jaws. When you need your gloves, just pull. No fumbling. Easy to replace them also.

God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

MembersZone Subscriber

One of our more industrious guys MADE glove straps for everyone. We just bought alot of velcro, nylon type webbing and some clips. And we fired up the sewing machine and made them. If I remember right(its been about 3 years) it cost us about $25 for 30-40 of them.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

I use a cheap carbiner(d-ring) to hold my gloves they are attached to my mask bag until i bunk out then they are clipped to my coat until i wear them
    Jonesy
    Fail to plan. Plan to fail.

FL EMT-B
    FL State Firefighter
    Pro Board Firefighter
    Career Firefighter
    Local 2103

Default Golfire

The company that makes the non velcro glove holders is Golfire. Try there website to find a dealer near you. www.gloveholders.com
    Everything that I post is my opinion only, none of this should be taken as fact.

Banned

HEL-FIRE Glove Holders. Leather or Kevlar. 3 different types on eBay by HEL-FIRE. eBay.com
    Kevlar Webbing with nickel plated trigger snap and ABS side release buckle, still only $8.00 .
    Kevlar Webbing with nickel plated trigger snap and Stainless Steel side release buckle is only $9.00 .
    $9.00 for the Toughest Glove Holder out there is hard to beat ! U.S. Patent 6212688 HEL-FIRE

Forum Member

I've been happy with the couple I have from saveajake.com, been using a kevlar model on my coat to hold my primary gloves for about 1.5yrs so far and have another keeping my spare gloves together in my bag.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by XXXXXX View Post
    XXXXXX Glove Holders. Leather or Kevlar. 3 different types on eBay by XXXXXXX. eBay.com
    Kevlar Webbing with nickel plated trigger snap and ABS side release buckle, still only $8.00 .
    Kevlar Webbing with nickel plated trigger snap and Stainless Steel side release buckle is only $9.00 .
    $9.00 for the Toughest Glove Holder out there is hard to beat ! U.S. Patent 6212688 XXXXX
    8 dollars for a short piece of webbing.

What a ripoff.

*This message has had the spam removed.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HEL-FIRE View Post
    HEL-FIRE Glove Holders. Leather or Kevlar. 3 different types on eBay by HEL-FIRE. eBay.com
    $9.00 for the Toughest Glove Holder out there is hard to beat ! U.S. Patent 6212688 HEL-FIRE

Advertisment and spam.,,,.......................
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I have this one and probably will buy something different when it's time to replace it. The clip that's used to attach to your gear is pretty weak. I haven't lost my gloves yet but the clip itself (the little part you push in to release) has become inverted several times so that there's nothing more than an open hook holding it on. Also the strap needs to be tightened up every now and then, the gloves are not too secure and can be pulled out when it loosens up. I'm thinking about a velcro one next because it can't loosen up.

Forum Member

I have had a velcro one for every bit of nine years and never lost my gloves. The key is to wrap the bottom layer super-tight around the gloves before you pull the top layer over. That makes better contact and reduces the risk of popping open.

I hated keeping them in my pockets. They fall out, they don't dry well, and they get dirty.
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan19 View Post
    I've been happy with the couple I have from saveajake.com, been using a kevlar model on my coat to hold my primary gloves for about 1.5yrs so far and have another keeping my spare gloves together in my bag.
    Agreed. The Sav-A-Jake ones are great. The ______ Brand (spammer guy) are overpriced and poorly made. Does nothing a cheaper version will not do.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Variety of Glove Keepers

I dont have a preference either way to with glove keeper, but this website has velcro, non-velcro, scissor clip, snap clip, and practically any color you want.
    http://www.emergencyresponderproduct...ekeepers1.html

MembersZone Subscriber

I went through several of the nylon glove straps earlier on trying to save a buck or two, and yes I can tear up an anvil with a rubber feather!

I finally broke down and purchased a leather glove strap from 5 Alarm Leather
    http://www.5alarmleather.com/store.html for $15.00 and have never looked back.

I know its a touch pricey but it has worked great for years.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    I went through several of the nylon glove straps earlier on trying to save a buck or two, and yes I can tear up an anvil with a rubber feather!

I finally broke down and purchased a leather glove strap from 5 Alarm Leather
    http://www.5alarmleather.com/store.html for $15.00 and have never looked back.

I know its a touch pricey but it has worked great for years.
    What is that odor? It kinda smells like........ I think it is.......... No, no it can't be........... It is

SPAM
    This is a very sad day, Bull has gone over to the dark side. Next week he will be trying to tell us how much better his phone service is since he switched to Chilli Breeze the number one cell service provider in India.

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't like spam myself, I've always preferred Treat.

But no really, I have always promoted products that I've used myself and that have worked,
    be it a Sutphen Engine http://www.stevensfire.com/
    a fine Cairns N6A http://www.thefirestore.com/
    a quality Leather front from D.E. Williams http://www.dewilliamsshields.com/sha/shields.htm
    to the glove straps from 5 Alarm Leather http://www.5alarmleather.com/
    that I've had success with, and since I'm not a salesman it not spam!
    Last edited by BULL321; 03-02-2012 at 12:30 AM.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

In Bulls defense, 5alarmleather is a stellar company. I purchased a radio strap from them and it is wider and more flexible than the ones that the fire store has mass produced from Boston Leather. I have yet to make that thing crispy after 3 years of under coat wear.

Also (reason for the edit)
    If you're looking for old school hardcore badass leatherworks, you might want to give these brothers a look.
    http://wolfpakleatherworks.com/

Haven't purchased anything from them yet, but their stuff looks good.
    Last edited by snowball; 03-02-2012 at 03:23 AM.
    IAFF

Forum Member

We do not issue glove keepers or glove straps because in my own personal experience when they are exposed to any serious heat they tend to "curl" up or even melt. The best glove keepers are your hands and when you are not wearing your gloves, your pockets work great. I personally would advise against them.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by AbduNur View Post
    We do not issue glove keepers or glove straps because in my own personal experience when they are exposed to any serious heat they tend to "curl" up or even melt. The best glove keepers are your hands and when you are not wearing your gloves, your pockets work great. I personally would advise against them.
    What happens when your pockets curl up?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Why not put the gloves in your pocket? Why hang everything on the outside of your coat?

Thread Information