Thread: World Of Fire Report: 01-22-03
01-25-2003, 10:14 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 01-22-03
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Wednesday, January 22, 2003
· Update - FALMOUTH, MA: 2nd Alarm AT 148 Gansett Rd. OIC reports a 50x50, 2-story house completely involved – exterior operations in progress. Companies having severe water problems from frozen hydrants in area. *800* C20,C289,C316 [TAC9-C519]. 12:03a.m.
· PORTSMOUTH, NH: Working fire at 56 Market St. "Portsmouth Brewery." 3.5-story brick restaurant with apartments above. Fire in between the floors. *153.770* [TAC9-C31]. 12:11a.m.
· SOMERVILLE, MA: 2nd Alarm - Box-119 at 33 Franklin Street. Building fire due to a gas explosion. M/A to and coverage. DWH. *483.3875/483.2875/483.2625* C519 [TAC9-C20]. 1:26a.m.
· Update – SOMERVILLE, MA: 2nd Alarm Box-119 at 33 Franklin Street. I/C reports gas explosion in the basement of a dwelling. Heavy fire knocked down. Co.'s overhauling. PWH *483.3875/483.2625/483.2875* C519 [TAC9-C20]. 1:55a.m.
· Update – SOMERVILLE, MA: 2nd Alarm - Box-119 at 33 Franklin Street. I/C reports gas explosion in the basement of a dwelling. Heavy fire knocked down. Co.'s overhauling. PWH *483.3875/483.2625/483.2875* C519 [TAC9-C20]. 1:59a.m.
· HEBRON, CT: 2nd Alarm at 109 West Street. A structure well involved. M/A Tankers requested. Possible people trapped. CT59/19 [TAC9-C101]. 5:23a.m.
· HARTFORD, CT: Working fire on Nelson Street. An Apartment building under construction with propane involved. CWP [TAC9-C101]. 5:24a.m.
· STAMFORD, CT: MVA on Broad Street at Bedford Street. Jaws operating. CT3390/19 [TAC9-C101]. 5:25a.m.
· 2nd Alarm - CANTON, MA: 1032 Turnpike St. Building fire. C231 [TAC9-C158]. 6:14a.m.
· CANTON, MA: 3rd Alarm at 1032 Turnpike St. Building fire. M/A to work and cover. *453.525* C231 C251 [TAC9-C158]. 6:26a.m.
· PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire - Box 1451 at Prairie & Public St. Structure fire. S/C for an additional Engine, Ladder and Rescue. *151.220* [TAC9-C51]. 6:27a.m.
· BEVERLY HILLS, MI: *2nd Alarm Equiv* 18262 Buckingham. Heavy fire in a dwelling. Exterior attack - partial collapse. M/A from Franklin FD. AMR to scene for stand by. [FNNM-325,376,400] (c). 6:27a.m.
· Update - CANTON, MA: 3rd Alarm at 1032 Turnpike Street. Fire in a 2-story Commercial building 50x80. Heavy fire thru the roof. Master streams in use - water problems. Request for an extra Engine. C158/C231/C51 [TAC9-C461]. 6:50a.m.
· Update - ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Possible fatal fire* High St. & Park Ave. Fire in a 2.5-frame with possible exposures. Essex Arson to scene. Reported as at least 1 fatality in structure. EAN633/400/503. 7:30a.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD (55-5): **2nd Alarm b/o BC-6 (Capt. Ashbrook - T-6)** Dwelling at 1006 W. Cross St. (Pigtown – SW of Downtown). Have a 3-story brick occupied row with fire all floors & through the roof. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 7:50a.m.
· MFN Update: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling **2nd Alarm** 1006 W. Cross St. (Box 55-5). BC-6 reporting 3-story with fire extension to the 2nd & 3rd floors. [MFN-4]. 7:51a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY **2nd Alarm** Box 1478 at Madison Ave and 125 St. Fire in a 3-story building. 7:56a.m.
· MANCHESTER, NH: Working fire at 84 Upton St. Structure fire at the old Donovan Spring Building. *800 TRUNK* [TAC9-C31]. 7:58a.m.
· Update – MANCHESTER, NH: Working fire at 84 Upton St. OIC reports a vacant steel & concrete building under demolition. The heavy fire is knocked down. *800 TRUNK* [TAC9-C31]. 8:09a.m.
· Update - BALTIMORE, MD (55-5): 2nd Alarm at 1006 W. Cross St. BC-6 reports fire under control. Searches (-). MTA Bus requested for rehab = temp in mid teens. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 8:22a.m.
· Update - ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *Double fatal fire* 35 or 37 High St. x Park Ave. Fire in a 2.5 wood frame. 2 fatalities on 2nd floor. Investigation under way at this time. [EAN633 O/S 400/503]. 8:36a.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 1478 at 1941 Madison Ave. Fire is in a 3-story 20x75 occupied multiple dwelling. DIV3 reports fire is under control. [EAN388]. 8:36a.m.
· GREENLAND, NH: MVA on Rt.33 & 151. (2) injured. M/A Ambulance from Newington & jaws from Pease Air Guard FD operating. *154.190* (C101) [TAC9-C31]. 8:38a.m.
· DECATUR TWP., IN: I-70 WB @ I-465: MVA involving 2 Semi tractor-trailers. Large fuel spill. 1 DOA, 1 transported via Lifeline. M/A from Indianapolis TAC 7 & 13. [INDY-12]. 8:42a.m.
· MILLERSVILLE (LANCASTER Co.), PA: 2nd Alarm Millersville Rd at Millersville Racquet Club 4 Towers up. Heavy fire thru roof. [DC/PA1] 8:53a.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 1478 at 1941 Madison Ave. Fire was in Al Sharpton's Office. [EAN388]. 9:18a.m.
· LEE, MA: MVA on Mass Pike (Rt. 90) Westbound, west of Exit 2. T.T. unit vs. Mass Turnpike Plow. 1 pinned in T.T. Serious injury in State vehicle. CT123 [TAC9-C158]. 9:19a.m.
· ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: **2nd Alarm** dwelling fire 207 Zepplin Ave. 2nd Alarm to come in routine. [DC7]. 9:24a.m.
· BETHLEHEM, NH: Working fire on Long Pond Rd. Building fire. Multiple M/A Units to the scene. *154.400* [TAC9-C158]. 9:26a.m.
· MFN: ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: *2nd Alarm requested for the working dwelling fire* As reported, IAO Gibbons Rd (Pumphrey). Command (BC1) requested the 2nd Alarm for extended overhaul. Fire knocked down at this time. 1 Pri-1 Pt to ST. [MFN1]. 9:30a.m.
· 2nd Alarm - NORTH SMITHFIELD, RI: 400 Buxton Rd. Fire in an occupied house. Fire showing. *158.895* [TAC9-C319]. 10:02a.m.
· Update - NORTH SMITHFIELD, RI: 2nd Alarm at 400 Buxton Rd. Fire in a 1.5-story wood frame Cape. Fire was thru the roof. Heavy fire knocked down. PWH. *158.895* [TAC9-C319]. 10:22a.m.
· NOBLEBORO, MAINE: Working fire on East Pond Rd. Mobile home fire. Request for M/A. C101 [TAC9-C158]. 10:36a.m.
· WEST HAVEN, CT: Working fire on Anderson Ave. A commercial building with fire showing. Extra Engine requested. CT2208//19 [TAC9-C122]. 10:37a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box-8845 at 111th Ave and 157th St. Heavy fire on all floors of a 2.5-story 20x40 frame. DWH. [EAN301]. 10:42a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 8845 @ 111 Ave & 155 St. 2.5-story 20x40 frame dwelling. Fire in the basement with extension to the #2 floor. * [MNS-2]. 10:47a.m.
· NEW BEDFORD, MA: Working fire at 159 Allord Street. Fire in a 3-story wood frame. (2) lines in operation. *470.5125* C319 [TAC9-C461]. 11:01a.m.
· Update - NEW BEDFORD, MA: Working fire at 159 Allord Street. Fire in a 3-story wood frame. OIC reports fire thru the roof. Exterior attack. C319 [TAC9-C461]. 11:19a.m.
· VERNON, CT: Burn victim at Bread & Milk Rd. 1 victim with serious burns. Lifestar requested but not flying - request for R-5 to the scene. CT21 [TAC9-C158]. 11:24a.m.
· LOS ANGELES Co., CA: LA County Fire: 2nd Alarm: 2727 S. Towne in Pomona. Commercial structure - (Toys R Us) with heavy smoke throughout. [FIREPAGE (R)LA-1]. 11:56a.m.
· CONCORD, MA: MVA on Sudbury Rd at Garfiled Rd. Rollover. Jaws operating. S/C for an additional Engine & Lincoln Rescue. *483.5375* [TAC9-C158]. 12:08p.m.
· BOSTON, MA: Working fire - Box 3692 at 18 Weybosset St. 1-story wood frame with fire in the basement. All Companies working. *483.1875* C15/C31/C461 [TAC9-C158]. 12:15a.m.
· Update - BOSTON, MA: Working fire - Box 3692 at 18 Weybosset St. CAR 12 reports the fire is knocked down. Co.'s overhauling. *483.1875* C15/C31/C461 [TAC9-C158]. 12:24a.m.
· BROOKLYN PARK, MD: *2nd Alarm* 282 Hillside Terrace (Anne Arundel Co.) House well off on arrival. 1 victim rescued from side#3. 2nd & 3rd Medic requested forthwith. (DC51). 1:10p.m.
· MFN: ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: *2nd Alarm Box 31-12 at 282 Hillside Terrace. Occupied dwelling 50 % involved. Reported people trapped. [MFN 20 en route MFN-8]. 1:18p.m.
· SHIRLEY, MA: Working fire on Phoenix Park at Shaker Village. Fire between floors. M/A from Devens. *46.14* [TAC9-C158]. 1:26p.m.
· EXETER, RI: Working fire on Mill Rd. Fire in an occupied house. Smoke showing. *46.380* [TAC9-C319]. 1:44p.m.
· BROOKLYN PARK (ANNE ARUNDEL Co.), MD: 2nd Alarm Update at 282 Hillside Terr. *2 civilians to shock trauma* & 1 injured Firefighter. Had heavy fire in a 1.5-story detached frame dwelling. Fire knocked down. [DC51OS/DC2]. 1:44p.m.
· ASBURY PARK (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm Equiv. at 1512 Sewell Ave. Heavy fire in a 2.5-story frame private dwelling. M/A to the scene. Recall all off duty Firefighters. DWH. [EAN540 O/S STAFF/EAN100]. 2:03p.m.
· Update - ASBURY PARK (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm Equiv. 1512 Sewell Ave. Heavy fire now thru the roof. Exp.2 is severely threatened but is being protected at this time. Fire remains extremely DWH. [EAN540 O/S EAN STAFF/100]. 2:16p.m.
· KINGSTON, MA: MVA on Rt-106 at 3 Warpping Road. Car vs. tree. Request for Medflight. *460.600* [TAC9-C67]. 2:23p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – HARTFORD, CT: 137 Irving Street. Multi-bay garage with exposures to another garage and a dwelling. Protecting exposures. *154.310* [TAC9-C09]. 2:24p.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 2nd Alarm at 205 Bedford Park Ave., Dist.13 (North Toronto): Dwelling with fire on upper floor - possible extension to attic. All Companies working - DWH. TFN315/313 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 2:25p.m.
· Update – KINGSTON, MA: MVA on (Rt-106) 3 Wapping Road. L/Z at Intermediate School - ETA 7 minutes. *460.600* [TAC9-C67]. 2:26p.m.
· NEW HAVEN, CT: Working fire at 127 Grant Street. Fire in a 2.5-story dwelling. Fire in the attic. CT123 [TAC9-C461]. 2:34p.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO) CANADA: Update - 2nd Alarm at 205 Bedford Park Ave., Dist.13 (North Toronto): Fire under control. Fire confined to 2nd floor. Primary searches (-). TFN315/313 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 2:46p.m.
· Update - ASBURY PARK (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm at 1512 Sewell Ave. Bulk of fire is knocked down but still have pockets of fire. Several portions of the dwelling have collapsed & building is totaled. Fire now under control with extended overhaul. *FINAL* [EAN540/300 O/S EAN STAFF/100]. 3:01p.m.
· LOWELL, MA: Working fire at 590 Stevens St. Dwelling fire. Fire on floor 2. Co.'s checking above for extension. All Companies working. *154.205* C520 [TAC9-C158]. 4:26p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 84 Dunedin Dr. 2.5-story brick detached dwelling. Fire in the basement with holes in floor b/o P431. TFN332 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 4:26p.m.
· Update - LOWELL, MA: Working fire at 590 Stevens St. Car 3 reports fire knocked down. Co.'s overhauling. *154.205* C520 [TAC9-C158]. 4:40p.m.
· WATERBURY, CT: Working fire on Frederick St. 3-story wood frame structure - fire showing. CT300/CT19 [TAC9-C158]. 4:42p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: *Unusual Incident* on the South span of I-29/35 “The Paseo Bridge” over the Missouri River has collapsed up to 9”. MODOT on scene assessing bridge & expected to be closed thru Thursday. Temp = 12, Wind Chill = -3. [KCFN-02]. 5:47p.m.
· 3rd Alarm – TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 28 Nebula Starway. Townhouse complex. Fire spreading. Setting up Ladder Pipes and Towers. DWH. TFN315/300 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 6:01p.m.
· GREENE, ME: Working fire at 1188 North River Rd. Garage fire. M/A from Wales FD to the fire *154.310* [TAC9-C31]. 6:03p.m.
· MCCLURE (NORTHUMBERLAND Co.), PA: 2nd Alarm for Tankers on Rt.522 in the borough of McClure. Dwelling - fully involved. [DC/PA1]. 6:29p.m.
· STLFN: PAGEDALE (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Mid-County FPD has a house fire across from 6234 Plymouth. NFI ATT [STL819]. 6:31p.m.
· STLFN: PAGEDALE (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Mid-County FPD has a 2nd Alarm house fire at 6234 Plymouth. NFI ATT. [STL819]. 6:38p.m.
· STLFN: O’FALLON (ST CHARLES Co.), MO: O’Fallon FD is on the scene of a serious **MVA** @ Hwy. 70 Westbound @ T.R. Hughes Blvd. 4-5 vehicles involved with one DOA and several other serious injuries. Checking on the status of ARCH Helicopter. [STL557]. 6:39p.m.
· STLFN: O’FALLON (ST CHARLES Co.), MO: Update on the serious MVA on I-70 WB @ T.R. Hughes Blvd. ARCH Helicopter is flying and Companies on scene advises DOA is actually a Priorty-1. [STL557]. 6:43p.m.
· 4th Alarm – TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: on Nebula Starway. 3-story brick row house – fully involved. Defensive operations - bitter cold. TFN332 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 6:44p.m.
· STLFN: ST.CLAIR Co., IL: State Park FD is on scene of a trailer fire @ 220 Bernice. Caseyville FD responded M/A. (STL 835). 7:46p.m.
· STLFN: ST. CLAIR Co., IL: Update on State Park FD’s trailer fire @ 220 Bernice. Trailer is fully involved at this time. (Temp 9F, wind chill -4). (STL835). 7:54p.m.
· STLFN: ST. CLAIR Co., IL: Update on State Park FD’s trailer fire @ 220 Bernice: Utilities and Red Cross responded. (Temp 8F, wind chill –9F). (STL835). 7:59p.m.
· CRANSTON, RI: Working fire at 2550 Plainfield Pike. 'RI Resource Recovery'. Large pile of debris extended to a building. First Alarm Assignment from Johnston, RI also on scene. *154.010/154.175* [TAC9-C51]. 9:00p.m.
· It is of deep regret to announce the LODD of Capt.Dennis G. Mignerone (50y/o) & 26.5 yr veteran of the Webster Groves MO FD who died 01/21/03. He had chest pains while doing exercises. Transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead. May He Rest In Peace. [STLFN]. 9:03p.m.
· Update - CRANSTON, RI: Working fire(+) at 2550 Plainfield Pike. 'RI Resource Recovery' - Companies having water problems. Setting up Ladder Pipe operations. Large lines in use. *154.010/154.175* C304. [TAC9-C51]. 9:10p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS Co., MO: Mid-County FPD *1st Alarm* in the 6300 block of Chatham. Vacant 2-story house - fully involved. 1 line off at this time. Temp 12F / Windchill –3F. [STL899]. 9:25p.m.
· GALLAWAY TWP. (ATLANTIC Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm+ on Rt.9. Fire involves a private dwelling well involved. M/A being requested from several FD’s including from Burlington County. DWH. [NJ252/ EAN100]. 9:28p.m.
· STLFN: PACIFIC (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Pacific FPD *1st Alarm* house fire @ 1847 Opeechee Beach Rd. x Hwy F. Fire on kitchen stove extended into the walls. 1 line off. 1 civilian with smoke inhalation. [STL899]. 9:38p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 22-164 *2nd Alarm* 69 Herbert St. x N. Henry. BC35 transported 2nd Alarm on arrival for heavy fire 2-3 floors of a 3-story frame dwelling. B37 COMM CORD, B28 SAFETY, L128 FAST. MNS2 [MNS342]. 10:09p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 33-164 *3rd Alarm* 69 Herbert St x N. Henry. BC35 transmitted 3rd Alarm for heavy fire all floors of a 3-story frame dwelling with exposure problems. MNS2 [MNS342]. 10:20p.m.
· STLFN: GLEN CARBON (MADISON Co., IL: Glen Carbon FD is on scene of a *MVA* on I-270 @ MM13. Edwardsville, and Glen Carbon Ambos responded. 3 Tractor-trailers have jackknifed and flipped over causing the accident. IL State Police on scene. The Eastbound lane of I-270 is completely shut down at this time. (STL835). 10:33p.m.
· STLFN: GLEN CARBON (MADISON Co.), IL: Update on the *MVA* on I-270 @ MM13. Troy FD responded M/A. Glen Carbon Eng.1984 is pulling @ 2.5" line for a huge diesel spill leak. Numerous Stoke baskets are being used at this time. (STL 835). 10:37p.m.
· STLFN: GLEN CARBON (MADISON Co.), IL: Update on the *MVA* on I-270 @ MM13: 2 patients have been extricated. Co.'s will be out washing down fuel spill for a while. (STL 835). 10:50p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 3rd Alarm Box 164 at 69 Herbert St. 3-story frame - fully involved. 2-TL's in operation. Temp is 12 degrees. [EAN345/10]. 11:07p.m.
· ALTON, NH: Working fire at Old Wolfeboro Rd. House heavily involved with a report of someone trapped. M/A from Wolfeboro, Gilford, New Durham, Barnstead & Gilmanton FD’s. *159.900* [TAC9-C31]. 11:42p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm house fire at 1425 Walton. BC805 reports a fire in a 1-story brick - 1 line off. Primary search is being conducted at this time. PUMPERS: 28, 10, 24, 26, 30, HL15, BC805 & 806, SQUAD 2. [STL819]. 11:57p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for January 22, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatch Coordinator Scott Berringer
Craig Beach VFD (Mahoning): W/F 17784 Denver. F/I structure. M/A Milton Twp FD. FPO/D323 ©
Manheim Twp, PA FD (Lancaster): MVA/PIN on Chester Rd. 2 car MVA, reported 1 pinned. Cos: Eng 2111, Med 2131, RS 2111, Chief 21. FPO/D260 ©
Aurora FD (Portage): MVA/PIN SR 306 & Treat Rd. 1 pinned. FPO/D703 ©
Cleveland FD: (Delayed) W/F West 53 & Walworth. Fire in comm'l bldg. Cos: Eng 24, 4, 20, Tactical Res5cuE, Lad 4, 20, Squad 2, BN 4, & AC 1. FPO/D700 ©
Hermitage, PA FD (Mercer): W/F 190 Crescent. Sta 93 & 85 enroute. PD reports smoke from attic of a house. FPO/D724 ©
North Royalton FD (Cuyahoga): W/F 8183 Stratford Dr. Fire on 2nd floor of a 2 sty OMD. M/A Strongsville Fire & Emergency Services for an engine. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 3103 Lamb Ave. Cos: Eng 20, 28, 8, Lad 28, 1, Res16cuE, Med 20, BN 6, 3. RIC: Eng 18, Med 28, EMS 11. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 3103 Lamb Ave. BN 3 reports fire K/D. Holding Eng 20, 28, Lad 1. FPO/D284 ©
Streetsboro FD (Portage): MVA/PIN/TRAUMA SR 14 near Diagonal Rd. Car vs Truck. MLF # 3 S/C'd. M/A Kent FD for Res1816cuE. FPO/D703 ©
**Editors Note: Male victim, driver of car, was pronounced DOA by Flight Doctor from Metro Life Flight after extrication was complete.
Berlin Twp FD (Delaware): W/F Just West of 3041 Curve Rd. Cos: Eng 391, 392, 337, Tank 331, 391, Lad 351, Med 1, EMS 462, BN 331, 391. FPO/D240 ©
Berlin Twp FD (Delaware): W/F Just West of 3041 Curve Rd. BN 391 reports quick K/D of a barn fire. Holding Eng 337, Lad 351, Tank 331, 391, BN 331, 391. FPO/D240 ©
Concord Green Twp FD (Fayette): MVA/TRAUMA on US 62. 2 MedFlight Helos S/C'd. 2 Pediatric Trauma Victims. Fayette County LifeSquads 1 & 4 also working. FPO/223/D249 ©
Delta Community FD (Fulton): W/F 9870 CR 11 X-St CR 'K'. Barn fire. M/A Lyons Royalton VFD & Sta 800. FNNM751/FPO/D703 ©
Youngstown FD: W/F Box # 6332 @ 759 Rhoda. Cos: Eng 3, 15, 7, Lad 22, Squad 33, BN 1, 2. Eng 3 reports fire in unknown type structure. FPO/D323 ©
Columbus FD: ALERT 2 4900 International Gateway @ Port Columbus International Airport. Aircraft inbound with unsafe landing gear indicator. 2 SOBs, 300 lbs fuel. FPO/223/D249 ©
--- Pages Today: 15
--- Pages YTD: 288
NEFNN CONNECTICUT FIRE LOG (http://www.nefnn.com)
-by Scott Harris
0742 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 409 37 Stanwood St 2.5-story frame - fire running in the walls between floors 1+2
1355 ACW NEWINGTON CONN 68 5th St - fire in the attic of a dwelling
1440 W/F+ VERNON CONN 9 Ironwood Dr garage fully involved - special call 2 mutual aid tankers to assist with water supply and shuttle
1711 W/F WATERBURY CONN on Johnson Court cellar fire in a private dwelling
2009 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 469 95 Kibbe St 2.5-story frame OMD - heavy fire showing floor #2
0931 W/F NEWINGTON CONN 144 Barnard Dr garage fire
2053 W/F BRIDGEPORT CONN 3589 Main St 2.5-story frame 30x70 - heavy fire showing floor #2 rear
0926 2nd ALM MIDDLETOWN CONN 27 Stack St - fire between the 1st floor and basement in a commercial building - difficult access - mutual aid to the fire
1900 ACW CLINTON CONN 6 Alden Dr shed fire fully involved
0558 2nd ALM HEBRON CONN 190 West St large 2.5-story frame dwelling fully involved upon arrival with total roof collapse - mutual aid from 4 towns to the fire - this house was built in the early 1900's - there was (1) fatality (83 year old male)
0608 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 824 70 Nelson St 3-story brick under renovation - fire floors 1+2
1518 2nd ALM NEW HAVEN CONN 127 Grant St (near Plymouth St) 2.5-story frame - attic fire
1520 2nd ALM HARTFORD CONN Box 757 137 Irving St 3-bay garage fully involved extended to another garage at 130 Magnolia St - original fire building collapsed
1717 W/F WATERBURY CONN 45 Frederick St 3-story frame - fire floors 2+3
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Brooklyn, N.Y. 01/22/03 @ 00:15 hrs.
Bedford / Stuyvesant Section
address: 436 Macon Street
between: Stuyvesant Ave. & Lewis Ave.
886 @ 00:01
Engs. 214, 217, 222
Lads. 111, 112
10 - 75 - 886 @ 00:03
Ladder 123 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #252
3 Story Brownstone 30 x 60 O. M. D.
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type attach
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 886 @ 00:09
Batt. 37 reports, Using All - Hands. Fire on the 2nd. floor of a 3 story brownstone, occupied multiple dwelling. 3 - lines are stretched, 2 - lines in operation. Truck's are "Opening Up" Searches in progress. Fire is Doubtful Will Hold.
Special Call an additional Engine & Truck. Eng. 234 & Lad. 176 s/c
@ 00:12 Division 15:
3 - lines are stretched, 2 - lines in operation. Fire's on the 2nd floor. Searches still in progress. Fire remain's Doubtful.
@ 00:14 ( 2 ) 10 - 45's at this time, No Code.
@ 00:19 Special Call a Battalion Chief for victem tracking. Batt. 57
@ 00:20 Division 15:
Probably Will Hold. Searches still in progress. Have 3 - lines stretched, 3 - lines in operation.
@ 00:40 Division 15:
Were going to stay with the Probably Will Hold. Primary search is negative thru out with the exception of the orriginal 10 - 45. Were going with only ( 1 ) 10 - 45 Code 2. Secondary searches are in progress.
@ 00:58 Division 15:
Secondary searches are completed thru out & are negative. Fire's UnderControl.
@ 01:11 Special Call a Salavage Truck. TowerLadder 124 s/c
Plymouth, PA (Luzerne County): @ 00:25hrs 1 Alarm +, E. Main Street at Dee's Deserts for a working structure Fire. Heavy fire upon arrival, 2 Ladders, 3 Deluge Guns, Numerous Hand Lines in operation. Fire under Control in about 4 hrs. Building a complete loss, investigation underway. No further info at this time.
Units assisting: Edwardsville L. 113, Edwardsville Rescue 15 and Ambulance 14, Nanticoke City Truck 1, Larksville Engine 42 and Courtdale Engine 51.
0945 22 Jan 03
Dayton, OH (Montgomery): **2nd alarm equiv/double fatal fire** 317 Lincoln. 2 story wood frame residence. Dispatched as "possible people trapped". (2) children died in the fire, a 4 y/o boy and a 12 y/o girl. The fire extended to 315 Lincoln, but that was contained quickly. Three extra engines and two extra truck companies were requested above the 3 engines and 2 trucks on the initial dispatch. [MVBN-1]
Miami Valley Breaking News
LOS ANGELES, CA:
MAJOR EMERGENCY STRUCTURE FIRE
On Wednesday, January 22, 2003 at 1937 hours forty-two companies of Firefighters, six Battalion Command Teams and nine Rescue Ambulances under the command of Assistant Chief R. J. DeFeo responded to a major emergency structure fire at 1000 East Olympic Boulevard in the Central City area. First units on scene reported a one-story 100’x 300’ commercial warehouse with smoke showing. Firefighters using handlines and heavy streams confined the fire to the structure that was filled floor to ceiling with baled textile goods dba “TIA International” a fabric import and domestic company and extinguished the fire in three hours and fifty-one minutes. One Firefighter was struck by a four-inch supply line that burst knocking him to the ground. He was transported to White Memorial Hospital in stable condition with back and leg pain where he was treated and released. The cause is accidental and the loss is still being tabulated.
REPORT PREPARED BY:
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room OCD-E423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Brooklyn, N.Y. 01/22/03 @ 23:00 hrs.
address: 37 North Henry St. (originally came in as 69 Herbert St) between: Herbert St. & Meeker Ave.
164 @ 22:57
Engs. 229, 238, 212
Lads. 146, 106
10 - 75 - 164 @ 23:00
Ladder 128 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2 Squad Co. #252
Batt. 45 Division 11
@ 23:00 Special Call an additional Engine & Truck
Eng. 216 & Lad. 103 acting 108 are s/c
2 - 2 - 164 @ 23:01
Engs. 221, 237, 259
Batt. 28 "Safety Cord."
Batt. 37 "Comm. Cord."
Safety Battalion Special Operations Battalion
Eng. 207 / Satalite 6
Fieldcom 1 Tac. Support Unit #1
Car 9 "Adam" City Wide Tour Commander
Batt. 35 reports, Have a heavy fire condition on the 1st; 2nd; & 3rd. floors of a 3 story frame dwelling. "K"
3 Story Frame 20 x 40
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type attach
3 - 3 - 164 @ 23:16
Engs. 230, 211, 218, 271
Mask Service Unit
Car 12 "Bravo" 13 "Adam"
Batt. 31 s/c as "Staging Chief"
Staging area: Herbert St. & Monitor St.
@ 23:34 Fieldcom 1:
Conducting an exterior attack operation. 1 - TowerLadder in operation on the Exp. #1 side. Setting up a 2nd. TowerLadder on the Exp. #2 side. Collaspe zone is set up. Still Doubtful.
@ 23:35 Special Call an additional TowerLadder. T.L. 119 s/c
@ 23:45 Fieldcom 1:
Request Con Edison to respond to shut off electric & gas. Request Sanitation Dept. for additional sanders due to the ice. Request a City Bus for firefighters rehab.
@ 23:56 Fieldcom 1:
( 2 ) TowerLadders in operation. ( 2 ) Hand-lines in operation in front of the fire bldg. Exterior operations. Primary & secondary searches of Exp. #2 & Exp. #4 are negative. Unable to do any searches of the fire bldg. due to possible collaspe. Still Doubtful.
@ 00:32 Fieldcom 1 reports, Probably Will Hold
@ 00:43 Special Call the Thawing apparatus to get ice off the TowerLadders "K" ( Temp. is 11 degrees )
@ 00:45 Fieldcom 1:
Fire is UnderControl. Unable to do any searches of the fire bldg. due to possible collaspe.
@ 01:15 Fieldcom 1:
Primary search of the 1st. floor of the fire bldg. is negative.
Special Call ( 1 ) Engine, ( 1 ) TowerLadder & ( 1 ) Battalion for relief. Eng. 209, TowerLadder 124 & Batt. 38 are s/c
Webster Groves, MO: Fire Captain - LODD FYI
Captain Dennis Mignerone of the Webster Groves Fire Department died while on duty on Tuesday, January 21 at approximately 9 PM.
I want to take a moment to share some of the details surrounding Dennis' death, but equally important, I want to mention some of the details of Dennis's life. I have know Dennis personally for nearly 25 years, and worked with him for 18 years. He was a very good firefighter, paramedic, coach, father, and husband. Many of you have no doubt run calls with Dennis on the highway, or large fires. He was rather quiet, but very professional and dedicated to the fire service. While on duty Tuesday evening, he began to experience chest pain. The crew began to administer to Dennis and then transported to St. Anthony's. Dennis coded en-route to the hospital. The medic's, his crew mates, tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate him. He was ultimately pronounced dead at St. Anthony's Hospital. Dennis was 50 years old, a husband, and the father of three daughters. Dennis had angioplasty about a year ago, but was doing well and was without symptoms. His death was a complete shock and totally unexpected. Dennis had spent his entire career with Webster Groves FD, beginning in 1976, and was currently serving as Medical Officer for the department.
Dennis was a very good person and very popular within the Webster Groves FD. The entire department is in a state of shock as you might imagine. Since this occurred in the late evening, many of the guys knew nothing about his death until the arrived for work on Wednesday morning. Please keep Dennis, his family, and the Webster Groves firefighters in your thoughts and prayers. We are going to ask for volunteers to staff our reserve aerial and ambulance to cover Webster Groves during the period of visitation and funeral, so that his on duty coworkers can attend the services and pay their respects. It is our honor to assist our brothers and sisters in Webster Groves during this time of need. Thank you.
Thomas V. Openlander
City of Kirkwood
137 W. Argonne Dr.
Kirkwood, MO 63122
Find the newest photos added to the website on the Site Update Listing Page or be updated by e-mail when new fire photos are added by subscribing to the Fireground Photos.net Update Mailing List
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
CFN, Columbia Fire Net, is a product of the Columbia, Missouri Fire Department. It was established to provide information via pagers to Chief Officers, Rescue and HazMat Team members and eventually to any interested CFD member. The pagers are provided at no cost to CFD members. With 4 pin options available, members could select any 2 additional types of pages. Obviously their individual pin, then a CFD all call pin and their choice of 2 more. About 2 dozen elected to receive CFN as one of their options. As of this writing there are 4 who are authorized to send out national pages. National paging will remain a very closely held authority. Since we are new, we have a rather steep learning curve. As Fire Chief, Wm. Markgraf is the nominal head of the system. The other 3 "national dispatchers" are employees of the CFD.
The telephone number for the Columbia Fire Department is 573 874 7391.
Home number for Darrin Arends is 573 687 3461.
Personal Pager 499 8686
The CFD Web Page is: http://www.ci.columbia.mo.us which is the citywide page, then select the fire department.
Other dispatchers include Battalion Chief Ron McCord, Lieutenant Steve Sapp, and Engineer Dan McGavick. We sign by CFN/(and then our LAN identifications which is usually our initials.) For "snail mail" communications we may be reached at:
Columbia Fire Department,
201 Orr Street,
Columbia, Missouri 65201.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)