MembersZone Subscriber

Default Looking for Fire Hose Exit marking system

Looking for ideas, companies, supplies to mark exiting directions etc.. on attack lines... I have sen the bernard system.. Is there any thing else available....

Thanks for the comments I know what you mean about the coupling we do teach and practice this... but don't you think that with 100' hose lengths, when/if your would ever become confused, lose the line and not know which way to go... it could be a long ways and precious time to find the next coupling only to discover you've went the wrong way...
    Last edited by ltburt410; 01-27-2003 at 08:25 PM.

dazed and confused

Default Wayout Directional Fire Hose Band

Here is one.

http://www.firecareers.com/templates...m?prod_id=1958

I don't think the Bernard Easy Exit is currently being marketed any longer... Clement's web site doesn't exist and suppliers are saying it's no longer available.
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink THE WAY OUT IS ALREADY THERE

Well, in my opinion the way out is already marked on every single piece of hose made, unless you're using stortz couplings on attack lines. Teach your guys to feel the couplings, if they can remember that the female end is at the truck and the male end is at the nozzle then all they have to do is practice feeling the couplings. Once they learn to tell which is which with the couplings connected, they'll know which way to go.

I teach it as this:
    THE MALE POINTS IN
    THE FEMALE POINTS OUT

Practice this, and spend your money on better things, besides, you could easily have someone put one of those "pointing bands" on your hose wrong leading you deeper into the building.

JUST MY THOUGHTS! Good Luck.
    COFire
    PROTECTING THOSE WHO DEFEND AMERICA ============================== =====

Forum Member

CO Fire you beat me by a few minutes. I agree that we have better things for our budgets and if you have a system in place use it to its utmost.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree with CO.

Just how long does it take you to crawl 100'? Drill on following a hose line. I think that you will find that it doesn't take that long. Also how many fires have you been in where the line is left in the building. If the firefighter goes the wrong way he will run into an engine crew that can help.

Permanently Removed

Default Easy as.....tail!

Since I am very hetrosexual male, I find
    it very easy to remember the simply phrase-

"Follow your female out."

Think of yourself at a bar and you see the
    girl of your dreams leaving. Just folow
    her out or some example like that.

PS- I do like those arrow bands at the
    PFC website. If you got the $$$, go for
    it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default hose marking products

We currently use a similar product that is shown on the link ( I don;t know the manufacturer but it's just a rubber sleeve with a embossed arrow pointing out). When I went on the website they state to use (4) per every 50ft of hose ( total cost $60.00 ). We were going to install them as per the manufacturer but decided to get more lines done at the same time. What we did was use only 2 markers spaced 1/3 of the way down from each end. All of the members have been taught to feel the hose couplings to find the way out. So we have both couplings and 2 hose markers to help in getting out. This saves $30.00 and allowed all of our attact lines to get a set.
    "Fire Prevention is our Intention"

Thread Information