Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fire and Ice!!!

Forum Member

Default Fire and Ice!!!

Come on fellas, it's been WAY too active in Rhodey lately for our little forum to be this dead.

Any pics of recent incidents? Anyone involved? Stories from the inside (or the roof, or aerial, or wherever you happened to be)?

MembersZone Subscriber CFD Hazards's Avatar

Nothing but EMS as usual for me. We don't have fires in Cranston. I saw Puffy on TV last week.

Forum Member

I woulda seen him in person at their jaws job last week, but they got the victim out before we got there- we didn't stop.

3's had a fire today, hopefully you weren't stuck at the pump....?

MembersZone Subscriber
    No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

Hey Tom, I saw you at the Seminole Tr. explosion (at least I could have sworn it was you working). Got great pics. We've been busy with six good jobs in the last month. Providence, Johnston, Glocester, Woonsocket, and now Cranston have been hopping lately, could it be something in the air?????
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

Not me. As stated previously, I do nothing but EMS. I have missed every job in the city for about the last three months. I was in a lawyers office the day of the house explosion and I just did not want to be anywhere near Technic. I am a walking, talking fire prevention officer, I should be rented out by busy FD's that are tired of all the work. I will stay at your station for a week and guarantee that you do not see a fire for that week. I went to NYC last week and spent the day in Brooklyn. It was the first day in about a week that they didn't have a multple alarm fire or a 10-75 for that matter. It was truly amazing. The next day they had at least five fires on the same streets that I had been on.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry about the confusion brother. It comes and goes. You'll get it, it goes in cycles. I don't blame you for not wanting to be anywhere near Technic the other day. Stay Safe. Puffy.
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911

Forum Member

See if you can work a lot of Wednesday's Tom. That's my day off, so I usually wind up sleeping in.... And then without fail something will either explode or catch fire somewhere.

You're good for the next two weeks and then I will be working the next two Wednesdays. You will then be set for six weeks after that.

MembersZone Subscriber

Batten down the hatches kids the "Blizzard" of 03' has arrived. Looks to be a good one. It is 20 of 11 right now and there is already about 3 inches on the ground, in only 3 1/2 hours. Have fun, I know I will, it is my first night tonight!

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911

Forum Member

It started snowing just as I left for work at 8. They let the 1130- to 8 (closing) psople get all the way in to work, and then decided to close at 4 (half an hour before the end of my monday shifts- whoopee). THEN, while I'm at lunch, they decide to close right then and there- 1:45. Chances are slim to none they'll call it off for tomorrow. Friggin bank.

I worked the day of the storm, not very busy. I worked last night and we still weren't that busy. We had a bad accident on Park Ave. One lady lost control, crossed the center and hit a car head on. That car spun around and left the passengers side in a large snow bank and the drivers side accessible but unable to open. The PD called for the Jaws before we arrived. I tried the door with the Halligan to no avail. My Lt. and I, at the same time, realized that the car was a convertible and we forced the roof off. We did it just as the Jaws arrived so we didn't use them. We used a KED board to get him out, I think that was about the third time in my career that I have seen it used. We shall see what tonight brings.

Thread Information