Thread: An observation

MembersZone Subscriber

Default An observation

Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems to me that the the definitions for Republican and Democrate need ti be redone.

Republican The type of people that are willing to put there lives on the line in the military, fire department, or police department, or do what it takes through hard work to make this country a better place for all.

Democrate The type of person that things they are owed something, and that everyone else should be providing it for them. The same people who are to affried to stand up and fight and would rather whine and cry about others trying to make a real diffrance even if it mean putting there life on the line.

Just an observation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hmmmm, let me guess, you're a Republican. I can tell because you spelled it correctly.

The type of people that are willing to put there lives on the line in the military, fire department, or police department, or do what it takes through hard work to make this country a better place for all.
    The above quote does not define a party, it defines a red blooded American.
    As for your definition of a [Democrate], only someone sooooo “right” could be sooooo wrong.

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Airborne, you can register my vote in the "Think you're wrong" column. That's all I have to say on that. And I consider myself a Republican. I'm not really sure the point or purpose of this thread.

Try clicking the "Preview Reply" button first. You'll find a lot of editorial errors and can correct them before submitting the post.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

Airborne,
    I too think I fall closer to the right side of the fence. But You may be supprosed to find out that a good portion of our brothers are democrats. Unions typically support democratic candidates. I agree with my brothers E229lt and Jaybird.
    You might want to rethink your powers of observation.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Forum Member

Airborne, are there two of you that use this name or just a split personality?

Forum Member

Default Not all democrats...

think they're OWED something...Again, it's extremists from our respective parties who are giving all of us a bad name. I don't hate every Republican cause of how Strom Thurmand and Jesse Helmes act and think...By the same respect, it's not really fair to hold things aginst me, as a democrat, because of how, say, Al Sharpton, acts...

Feel me?

Forum Member

What does it matter Republican, Democrat, They are all going to lie to ya.
    Proud to be IACOJ Illinois Chapter--Deemed "Crustworthy" Jan, 2003

MembersZone Subscriber

After Rereading what I wrote I do owe an appoligy. It was not fair of me to just lump people into a catigory this way.

I guess you could say that I'm just getting tired of extrem libralism. And I was trying to make a point and I was not very good at it.

It just makes me sick that the people who belive in being a servent to there community by being in the Armed Forces or the polic or Fire Department, or any other job that is productive to society, are also the same people that have to pay there hard earned money to help support all of the programs designed by the librals to support the lazy people.

I know that that above stament is going to ruffle a few feathers also but you know what I just got down doing my taxes and that is how I feel.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Take it easy airborne

I understand your frustration, but you are greatly oversimplifying things. I can remember reading on these very forums about "community servants" (read: paid firefighters) who qualified for government assistance because of their low salaries.

We could argue liberalism v. conservativism forever. Personally I agree that it is the extreme right and left that create problems. When is the last time bickering and name calling solved a problem. Sure it makes for good talk radio and TV, but that is about it.

The real problem is corruption and waste in our government. Anyone who thinks either party has a monopoly on these practices is kidding themselves.

Proud to be independant,

Duff
    "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

Sr. Information Officer

In times like these, it helps to recall that there have always been times like these.
    Paul Harvey
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Thread Information