Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default TI Camera Repair, Can it be done ?

We are having a problem with our camera, the screen image goes out after using awhile. Anybody experience this condition ? If so where you able to get the unit repaired. We are getting conflicting information as to whether the unit can be repaired.

Protective Economist Jonathan Bastian's Avatar

Default Re: TI Camera Repair, Can it be done ?

Originally posted by ElmGrove
    We are having a problem with our camera, the screen image goes out after using awhile. Anybody experience this condition ? If so where you able to get the unit repaired. We are getting conflicting information as to whether the unit can be repaired.
    Frankly, it depends on the type of TI you have. It is my understanding that the Cairns Iris and the Argus are no longer supported. That means, you cannot get the TI fixed. Period. If it is another brand, and less than 5 or so years old, the manufacturer should still be in business and supporting the TI. Email me with more details if I can help further.

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree with John Bastian (FiremanJB). If you have a CarinsIRIS (FPA), or old MSA Argus (vidicon tube based camera), my understanding is that those units are (for various reasons) no longer being supported by the manufacturers, namely GEC Marconi for the IRIS and E2V (EEV) for the Argus.

If you are having a really hard time with your vendor, you can contact us and we will see what we can do to repair the unit to help you out. Weíve repaired older cameras of other brands numerous times in the past.

Contact me if you want to go down this route. It may be as simple as a resistor swap, or even just a loose connection.

Thanks!

David A. Little
    Chief Executive Officer
    ISG Thermal Systems USA, Inc.

Post Cairns IRIS

I would suggest you contact the manufacturer directly for information on your camera. They are the ones who can solely tell you what they can do for you.

<i>To clear something up:</i>
    The CairnsIRIS is still supported and can be repaired. DiOP, which now owns CairnsAT is also offering a trade-in program for IRIS' to VIPERs. You can contact them to get information on that.
    <0><0>

I agree with TIC Girl, your best bet is to contact the manufacturer directly and find out first-hand what their repair policies entail.

Default TI Camera Repair. Can it be done

Please be aware that the older Argus imagers ( beige or yellow housing, tube-based technology,) are still regularly supported with parts and repairs by the manufacturer, E2V Technologies Inc. Most imagers can be repaired at far less than the cost of a new imager.

Information regarding repair of any Argus TIC can be obtained via telephone toll free at 800 342 5338 ext 827 or via e mail inquiry at the following web site; www.argusdirect.com

Upon receipt and evalaution of the imager, the customer is provided an estimate of repair and can then make a decision whether to proceed. E2V does offer a trade-in program of its older technology imagers for contemporary Argus2 or Argus3 models. A2 and A3 TICs use solid state infrared sensors.
    Jim Kaye
    E2V Technologies Inc.

Thread Information