*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Saturday, January 25, 2003
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm fire at 2821 S. Jefferson. At least one line off so far. PUMPERS: 7, 1, 11, 14, 32, TL6, Rescue Squad 1, BC802 & 804. [STL810]. 12:00a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s 1st Alarm fire at 2821 S. Jefferson: BC802 reports fire in a 2 story brick - two lines off so far. Primary search underway. Both utilities requested to respond. [STL810]. 12:07a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD 1st Alarm fire at 2821 S. Jefferson: BC802 reports fire in a 2 story brick - two lines off. Under control. Primary & secondary searches negative. House does not appear to be occupied. [STL810]. 12:20a.m.
· MONSON, MA: MVA on Stafford Rd (Route32) near the Connecticut Line. Jaws working. Reported multiple victims. *33.46* [TAC9-C09]. 12:41a.m.
· BOSTON, MA: Working fire - Box-1372 at 53 Hancock St. L-24 reports fire on the 3rd floor of a structure. Co.'s charging lines. *483.1875* [TAC9-C20]. 12:50a.m.
· BOSTON, MA: Working fire Box-1372 at 53 Hancock Street. Reported fire on the 3rd floor of an occupied structure extended from a fireplace. S/C an additional Truck Co. above the working fire. All Companies working. *483.1875* C519 [TAC9-C20]. 1:00a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 734 @ Wyckoff Ave and Starr St. 3-story brick 20x50 vacant building. BATT28 reports fire 1st floor. * MNS-2. 1:10a.m.
· Update – BOSTON, MA: Working fire Box-1372 at 53 Hancock Street. C-6 reports fire on 3-floors of a 5-story brick ordinary construction multiple dwelling. 3-lines stretched & operating. S/C for an additional Truck Co. (L-26) FAST Co. All Companies working. *483.1875* C519 [TAC9-C20]. 1:10a.m.
· Update – BOSTON, MA: Working fire, Box-1372 at 53 Hancock Street. C-6 reports fire knocked down. Co.'s engaged in extensive overhaul. PWH. *483.1875* C519 [TAC9-C20]. 1:20a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: U.S.A. **2nd Alarm** Box 734 at 30 Wyckoff. DIV 11 has fire in a vacant 3-story brick building 25x50. Fire has extended to top floor & up the cockloft. All members ordered out of building. Setting up Tower Ladders. DWH. [EAN402 3305]. 1:33a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *3rd Alarm* Box 734 @ Wyckoff Ave & Starr St. 3-story brick 20x50 vacant building. Fire top floor & cockloft. 3rd Alarm for relief only. * [MNS-2]. 2:36a.m.
· Update - BROOKLYN, NY: *3rd Alarm* Box 734 @ 30 Wycoff Ave. DIV. 11 is using 2 Tower Ladders and 3 hand lines. Fire conditions remain the same. [EAN402/EAN100]. 2:38a.m.
· GLOUCESTER CITY (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: Update **2nd Alarm** 232 Cumberland St. Co.'s have a 3-story twin building. Heavy fire thru roof - exterior operations due to intense fire conditions. M/A to cover & scene fire is DWH. [EAN3308/3305]. 3:58a.m.
· GLOUCESTER CITY (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: Update **2nd Alarm** 232 Cumberland St. Chief places fire under control at this time. Extensive overhaul. Crews are gonna be on scene for an extended amount of time. [EAN3621 3305]. 4:47a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ 4600 Chouteau x Jefferson. Fire on the 2nd floor of a 2-story brick. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 7-29-2, BC802. [STL899]. 5:06a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's working fire @ (corrected) 2600 Chouteau x Jefferson. Fire on the 2nd floor of a 2-story brick – knocked down with 1 line off. S/C for FIU821. [STL899]. 5:14a.m.
· ELIZABETH, NJ: 2nd Alarm on arrival - now a 3rd Alarm and a 4th Alarm on S. First St. a factory well involved + explosions. Request M/A to work. [EAN44/10]. 5:55a.m.
· Update – ELIZABETH, NJ: 4th Alarm on S. First St. A large factory - well involved + explosions. S/C FDNY Marine Co.1 + extensive M/A to work. Request several TL's. [EAN44/10]. 6:12a.m.
· Update – ELIZABETH, NJ: 4th Alarm++ S. First St. on the waterfront. 100x300 3-story warehouse well involved. [EAN44/10]. 6:18a.m.
· PORTSMOUTH, NH: Working fire at 50 Campus Drive. Severe Natural Gas leak inside a commercial building. OIC requesting all utilities & Gas Co. respond ASAP. *153.770* [TAC9-C31]. 7:14a.m.
· ESFN: *2nd Alarm* SLAUGHTER BEACH (SUSSEX Co.) DE: 89-40 with a 2-story dwelling heavily involved. Crews doing aggressive interior attack. Command requested Sta.'s 85/75/42 for Engines and Tankers. Crews still have heavy fire. [ESFN-2/8/23/50/22]. 7:47a.m.
· HOUSATONIC (BERKSHIRE Co.), MA: Working fire at 27 Christian Hill Rd. Occupied Apartment building. M/A on scene. *154.310* [TAC9-C09]. 7:58a.m.
· WORCESTER, MA: Working fire at 32 Rena St. Fire in a 1.5-story wood frame with water problems. *800* [TAC9-C51]. 8:13a.m.
· GIRARD (TRUMBULL Co.), OH: 2nd Alarm, Amen Corner 408 S. State St. Heavy smoke showing from structure on arrival. M/A Weathersfield Twp. STA.40. [FPO/D323]. (C). 8:15a.m.
· LORTON (FAIRFAX Co.), VA: **2nd Alarm** building fire at 9898 Furnace Rd. Lorton Incinerator. 2-trash bays on fire 40 ft below ground. [DC5]. 8:17a.m.
· Update - SLAUGHTER BEACH (SUSSEX Co.), DE: 89 Command ordering all Firefighters out of house due to fire conditions. Truck crews venting large holes in the roof. Command advising fire venting from 2 large holes on the roof. [ESFN-2/50/8/23/22]. 8:25a.m.
· LYNNFIELD, MA: MVA on Lowell St by the Peabody Line. Rollover. Jaws operating. Peabody Engine/Ladder also on scene. *482.700* C101 [TAC9-C158]. 8:46a.m.
· LINDEN, NJ: 2nd Alarm 1810 S. Wood Ave. Fire in a 2-story dwelling. M/A to cover. [EAN10]. 8:56a.m.
· Update - LYNNFIELD, MA: MVA on Lowell St. by Mohawk Lane. OIC reports extrication complete. Lynnfield Rescue transporting to Salem Hospital. *482.700* C101 [TAC9-C158]. 9:01a.m.
· JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm on arrival** Manning & Laffayette. Fire in a 2-story Commercial vacant building with extension. [EAN465/503]. 9:41a.m.
· Update - JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm on arrival** 160 Lafayette St. x Woodward St. Radio Alarm for heavy fire in a 2-story commercial vacant building. [EAN465/503]. 9:41a.m.
· Update - JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm on arrival** 160 Lafayette St. DC on scene reporting building is fully involved and this will be a defensive operation. [EAN388/465/503]. 9:43a.m.
· NEWINGTON, CT: Working fire at 80 Brooke St. at Starr Ave. Fire in a 1-story wood frame ranch style house. CT21/151. [TAC9-C51]. 9:49a.m.
· Update - JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 160 Lafayette St. x Woodward. Fire thru out a 2-story commercial vacant building - now extending to a 4-story brick vacant commercial building. Fire is very DWH. Defensive operations. [EAN388/465/503]. 9:50a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – MARSHFIELD, MA: 15 Middle Street. Fire in 1.5-story with exposures to 2.5-story wood frame. C714 *453.4375* [TAC9-C67]. 10:17a.m.
· SOUTH ORANGE, NJ: 2nd Alarm at 65 Academy St. Structure fire. M/A to work. [EAN10]. 10:19a.m.
· Update – MARSHFIELD, MA: 2nd Alarm at 15 Middle St. OIC reports 1-line operating on exposure & 4-lines operating on main building. Heavy fire knocked down. C714 *453.4375* [TAC9-C67]. 10:31a.m.
· MAPLE SHADE (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** Village of Stoney Run Apartments off of Rt. 73. Co.'s have heavy fire in an Apartment. M/A to scene & cover. [EAN3621 3305]. 10:38a.m.
· SALISBURY (WICOMICO Co.), MD: on Camden Ave. Dep. Chief-1 reports a 3-story Apartment complex with heavy fire in the rear. EMS crews advising they have 1 patient at the scene. Command requests Fire Marshal, Power Company & Chaplin to the scene. STA.16/1/2 on the initial Alarm. [ESFN-2/23]. 10:47a.m.
· WASHINGTON, DC: **2nd Alarm & Task Force** 7100 block Georgia Ave NW. Heavy fire in several 2-story attached occupied row dwellings. [DC2]. 10:52a.m.
· ARLINGTON, MA: Working fire, Box-7172 at 39 Chatham. Fire in a 2.5-story wood frame structure. *460.600* [TAC9-C67]. 11:27a.m.
· Update – ARLINGTON, MA: Working fire, Box-7172 at 39 Chatham St. Fire in the kitchen – under control. M/A for coverage. *460.600* [TAC9-C67]. 11:32a.m.
· ROCHESTER (MONROE Co.), NY: ***3rd Alarm** 4 State St. x W. Main. Electrical fire in basement of Fleet Bank high-rise building. Original reports of people in distress on upper floors. Kodak en route with numerous dry chemicals. Extensive M/A in. [#MNS750#]. 11:40a.m.
· OXFORD, MA: Working fire on Main Street. (Rt.12). Barn fire. *46.24* (C158) [TAC9-C31]. 11:41a.m.
· HENNIKER, NH: 2nd Alarm on arrival on Main St. Structure fire at the Laundromat. M/A to the fire. *154.355/460.5875* [TAC9-C31]. 11:51a.m.
· WASHINGTON, DC: Update **3rd Alarm Equiv.** 7100 block Georgia Ave NW: Fire in the basement, all floors & attic in the original 2-story row. Fire extended to similar exposures 2, 4, 4A. Fire under control. [DC2]. 11:56a.m.
· CUMBERLAND, RI: Working fire at 9 John St. Garage fire with extension to the dwelling. *154.205* C304 [TAC9-C51]. 12:10p.m.
· NEWRY, ME: Skiing accident at Sunday River Resort. A child with severe head trauma. Lifeflight helicopter requested. L/Z is at the mountain. *154.070/453.650* [TAC9-C101]. 12:18p.m.
· WOLFEBORO, NH: Working fire at 147 Center St. Partition fire in a dwelling. *154.250* [TAC9-C31]. 1:26p.m.
· WOLFEBORO, NH: Working fire at 147 Center St. House fire. M/A from Tuftonboro & Ossipee Corner FD's. *154.250* [TAC9-C31]. 1:42p.m.
· ATTLEBORO, MA: MVA on Rte. 95 S/B between Exits 2 and 3 at the weigh station. Request for the Jaws and 2 additional ALS Units. M/A from North Attleboro. *154.385* [TAC9-C51]. 1:52p.m.
· Update - ATTLEBORO, MA: MVA Rte 95 S/B between Exits 2 and 3 at the weigh station. Now requesting Medflight for 1 10-45C2. Elderly female patient. Extended extrication. *154.385* [TAC9-C51]. 2:17p.m.
· DOWNERS GROVE (DuPAGE Co.), IL: 3rd Alarm @ 550 W. 75th Street. 2-story 40x125 Apartment building with heavy fire on 2nd floor and thru roof. 1-TL, 1-Ladder Pipe and several lines working. (15) FD’s from 3 counties on M/A. [CHGO-1/2/7/14]. 2:27p.m.
· Update - ATTLEBORO, MA: MVA on Rte.95 SB between Exits 2 and 3 at the weigh station. 1 10-45C2 has been extricated. Ground transport to RIH Trauma Center. Medflight canceled due to extended ETA. *154.385* [TAC9-C51]. 2:35p.m.
· STATEN ISLAND, NY: 33-256 at 312 Van Duzer St x Beach St. Fire in basement of a 3-story frame 50x75. *3 10-45 Code 2's - life threatening injuries. 4 lines stretched operating. [MNS342]. 3:16p.m.
· STATEN ISLAND, NY: *3rd Alarm* Box 256 @ 381 Van Duzer St. DIV 8 has heavy fire in the basement of a 2-story 50x75 occupied multiple dwelling. 5 lines stretched operating and fire is very DWH. [EAN90]. 3:17 p.m.
· NEWINGTON, CT: Working fire at Shepard Steel on Willard Ave. Fire showing from a commercial building. CT19 [TAC9-C461]. 3:20p.m.
· Update - STATEN ISLAND, NY: 33-256 *3rd Alarm* at 312 Van Duzer St x Beach St. Fire in basement of a 3-story frame 50x75. *3 10-45 Code 2's* D8 IC reports primary search in basement is negative. Search in progress on upper floors. Staging is Water/Beach Streets. L80 FAST. [MNS342]. 3:24p.m.
· Update - STATEN ISLAND, NY: 33-256 *3rd Alarm*at 312 Van Duzer St. x Beach St. Fire in basement of a 3-story frame 50x75 mixed occupancy. *3 10-45 Code 2's* D8 IC reports main body of fire is knocked down. S/C for an additional Truck (L109) & new FAST Truck (L86). MNS2 [MNS342]. 3:37p.m.
· Update - STATEN ISLAND, NY: 33-256 *3rd Alarm*at 312 Van Duzer St x Beach St. Fire in basement of a 3-story frame 50x75 mixed occupancy. *3 10-45 Code 2's* D8 IC reports fire is PWH. B1 to SI Hospital for victim tracking. MNS2 [MNS342]. 3:44p.m.
· PRESTON, CT: Working fire at 125 Old Jewett City Rd. Structure fire. M/A Engine and Ladder requested to the scene. *33.90* [TAC9-C09]. 4:14p.m.
· STLFN: (1215hrs) - EAST ST.LOUIS (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: ESTLFD was on scene of a house fire at 27th & Lynch. 2.5-story frame with heavy fire through out. Fire partially thru roof on arrival. 424 Aerial made a raise & 422 assisted. Fire under control at 1500hrs. [STL997@424]. 4:20p.m.
· Update – STATEN ISLAND, NY: 33-256 *3rd Alarm* at 312 Van Duzer St x Beach St. Fire in 3-story frame 50x75 mixed occupancy. D8 I/C now reports *5 10-45 Code 2's* all @ Staten Island Hospital. Fire is under control. *FINAL* MNS2 [MNS342]. 4:27p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - ANDOVER, MA: 30 Railroad St. Elderly housing in a Hi-rise. Evacuations in progress. *483.5875* [TAC9-C520]. 4:29p.m.
· 3rd Alarm - ANDOVER, MA: 30 Railroad St. 4-story elderly housing complex with heavy fire now knocked down. S/C ALS for a burn victim. *483.5875* [TAC9-C520]. 4:39p.m.
· TORRINGTON, CT: Working fire at 121 Pearl St. 3-story wood frame. Fire on the 1st floor has extended up. Fire now in the attic. Ladder Company opening the roof at this time. Additional manpower to the scene. *154.145* [TAC9-C09]. 4:48p.m.
· MILFORD (SUSSEX Co.), DE: *3rd Alarm Equiv.* on Shawnee Rd, north of Union Church Rd. Command reports a 3-story wood frame single-family dwelling - heavy fire. M/A to the scene. Tanker and Ladder operations. Cover-ups established. [ESFN 8/STAFF]. 4:52p.m.
· LYME, CT: Working fire @ 120 Brush Hill Road. A house fire. M/A from Salem for a Tanker to the scene and an Engine and Ladder to stage. *46.18* [TAC9-C09]. 6:12p.m.
· BIDDEFORD, ME: MVA on Maine Turnpike Mile 29 Southbound. Tractor-trailer rollover with serious entrapment & injury. Entire S/B lanes are closed. *154.250* [TAC9-C31]. 6:50p.m.
· CHARLOTTE, NC: *LODD* Capt. Wayne Copeland (E-30) died this afternoon @ a training fire from an apparent heart attack. He was 50 yrs old & a 23year veteran of CFD. He leaves behind an adult daughter. No funeral info. (CFD-PIO) [CFP328*763. 6:53p.m.
· DENNIS, MA: MVA on Route-6A @ Route 134. Jaws working. Patient has been extricated & now being transported to Cape Cod Hospital. *800* C316/C289 [TAC9-C20]. 6:53p.m.
· HOLBROOK, MA: Working fire, Box 55 at 289 North Franklin Street. Fire in the floor of a dwelling with extension. (2) lines in operation. M/A Engine from Randolph for coverage. *453.150* C302 [TAC9-C461]. 6:58p.m.
· NEW BRITAIN, CT: Working fire at 14 Broad Street. Reported fire on the 1st floor of a structure. CT3304/CT84 [TAC9-C20]. 7:11p.m.
· LAWRENCE, MA: MVA at Beacon at Glenn with entrapment. S/C Engine 9, Ladder 4 and Rescue 1 with the Jaws. OIC requests 3 ALS Ambulances. *154.445* C158, C31 [TAC9-C101]. 7:17p.m.
· WAREHAM, MA: Working fire at 388 Main Street. Request for Onset Ladder to the scene. *33.88* [TAC9-C15]. 7:23p.m.
· Update - WAREHAM, MA: 388 Main Street. OIC reports a fire in a 2-story structure. Heavy fire floor #2. Request for an extra Engine & Foam to the scene. M/A from Marion & Carver. C15/C67/C519 [TAC9-C461]. 7:46p.m.
· SUNAPEE, NH: Working fire at 15 Paradise Road. A building fire. M/A Tankers responding. C773 [TAC9-C101]. 8:25p.m.
· MILWAUKEE, WI: @ 7100 N. Presidio Dr. (approx 54th & Good Hope). A 2nd Alarm for a fire in a Condo complex. Fireground radio reports "Mayday" for a floor collapse. [M1] [MILWAUKEE FIRENET]. 8:53p.m.
· HARTFORD, CT: Working fire on Somers St. at Haddam St. 1-story ranch style dwelling. Kitchen fire with extension. 1-line working. Checking for extension. *154.310* [TAC9-C09]. 9:12p.m.
· EAST HADDAM, CT: Working fire at 20 Millington Rd. A house fire. *46.18* [TAC9-C09]. 9:48p.m.
· MAYFIELD HEIGHTS (CUYAHOGA Co.), OH: 2nd Alarm Equiv. Mabas Box # 501 @ 6602 Maplewood. String of garages going good. M/A from 9 area FD’s. [FPO/726/D703](C). 10:17p.m.
· JOHNSTON, RI: Working fire at 1226 Plainfield St. Fire in a commercial building with apartments above. Fire in the walls. *154.175* [TAC9-C304]. 10:22p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box-1120 at 130 Bay Ridge Ave. near Colonial Rd. Fire in an occupied multiple dwelling - DWH. [EAN301]. 10:38p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *2nd Alarm* 22-1120 at 130 Bay Ridge Ave x Colonial Rd. Extra Engine & Truck S/C before the 2-2. L149 FAST. BN42 I/C. [MNS-154 MNS085]. 10:38p.m.
· Update - BROOKLYN NY: **2nd Alarm** Box-1120 at 130 Bay Ridge Ave near Colonial Rd. Fire in the 1st floor rear shaft way in a 2-story 20x60 Class 3 occupied multiple dwelling. 3 lines stretched, 2 working. DWH. [EAN301]. 10:41p.m.
· Update – JOHNSTON, RI: Working fire at 1226 Plainfield Pike. 2 lines in operation. Chasing hot spots in a 30x40 2-story wood frame commercial building with apartments above. PWH C303/C57 O/S [TAC9-C304]. 10:41p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: *2nd Alarm* 22-1120 at 130 Bay Ridge Ave x Colonial Rd. BN42 I/C reports fire 1st floor rear shaft of 2-story 20x60. 4 lines run, 3 in operation. Main body fire knocked down. Fire DWH. BN48-SAFETY, BN32-COMCORD. DC8 en-route. L122 new FAST Truck. [MNS-154 MNS085]. 10:44p.m.
· AGAWAM, MA: Working fire at 32 Shoemaker Lane. Crowley's Commission Sales - fully involved trailer with possible extension to a barn. *151.055* [TAC9-C09]. 10:44p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: *2nd Alarm* 22-1120 at 130 Bay Ridge Ave x Colonial Rd. Fire on the 1st floor of a 2.5-story 20x60 building. DC8 I/C reports fire PWH. [MNS3 O/S. MNS-154. MNS085]. 10:51p.m.
· Update – AGAWAM, MA: 32 Shoemaker Lane Crowley's Commission Sales. Fully involved trailer. Companies protecting the exposure, a large horse barn. Smoke condition in the barn - all horses have been evacuated. *151.055* [TAC9-C09]. 10:52p.m.
· BOSTON, MA: MVA on Solidersfield Rd. L-14 using the Jaws. EMS requested with a PUSH. *483.1625/462.975* [TAC9-C20]. 11:34p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for January 25, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatch Coordinator Scott Berringer
Girard FD (Trumbull): W/F 408 South State St @ Amen Corner. Eng 24, 241 enroute. Eng 24 reports smoke showing. Recall off-duty FFs. FPO/D323 ©
Girard FD (Trumbull): 2nd Alarm 408 South State St @ Amen Corner. M/A Weathersfield Twp FD Sta 40. FPO/D323 ©
Brimfield FD (Portrage): W/F 3984 Mogadore Rd. Heavy smoke from a duplex. M/A enroute. FPO/D703 ©
Girard FD (Trumbull): 2nd Alarm 408 South State St @ Amen Corner. 1 sty comm'l bldg. Bldg is F/I. Sta 24, 40, & Res46cuE O/S. Extended ops. FPO/D323* ©
Ravenna Twp FD (Portage): W/F 3266 Waterbury Circle. F/I Mobile Home. M/A Streetsboro FD & Rootstown FD. Utilities S/C'd. FPO/D701 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 2104 Schenley Dr. Cos: Eng 18, 16, Lad 8, Res16cuE, Med 18, BN 3. 1.5 sty house, fire showing. FPO/D217 ©
Valley View FD (Cuyahoga): Rescue Run on CEI Right-of-Way off Hub Parkway. MLF on S/B. Recall off-duty FFs for station fill. FPO/D703 ©
Valley View FD (Cuyahoga): Rescue Run on CEI Right-of-Way off Hub Parkway. Male and Female victims down embankment. Possible arm/leg fractures. Req Res 34 with Rope Rescue Equip and Stokes Baskets. FPO/D703 ©
Valley View FD (Cuyahoga): Rescue Run on CEI Right-of-Way off Hub Parkway. MLF # 1 S/C'd to scene. 2nd Helo on S/B. Result of ATV accident. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 2104 Schenley Dr. Add Eng 20 to the card. Eng 18 is now RIC. Fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D217 ©
Valley View FD (Cuyahoga): Rescue Run on CEI Right-of-Way off Hub Parkway. MLF # 2 S/C'd to scene. Male & Female victims, in 60s, Arm/Leg/Chest Trauma. LZ on Tinkers Creek Rd. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 2562 Deming. FPO/221/D217 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 2562 Deming. Originally a Msgr Alarm to Sta 13. Cos: Eng 13, 18, 19, Lad 13, Med 13, Res2cuE, BN 1. Heavy smoke in 2 sty house. FPO/221/D217 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 2562 Deming. RIC: Eng 7, EMS 13, SO 2. Fire confined to 1st floor. Fire K/D per BN 1. Holding all companies. FPO/221/D217 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 2562 Deming. Extra Lad (Lad 1), Arson, & Red Cross S/C'd. FPO/281/217/D221 ©
Fairfield, PA FD (Erie): W/F 336 Fair Ave. Chimney fire with extension. Cos: Eng 262, 263, Tank 265, Lad 289, Sqd 267, Med 91. FPO/801/D703 ©
Mayfield Heights FD (Cuyahoga): W/F MABAS Box # 501 @ 6602 Maplewood @ Plymouth Park Apts. String of garages going. Cos: Eng 511, Lad 521, Ch 553. M/A Highland Heights FD Eng 812, Lyndhurst FD Squad 442, Mayfield Village FD Lad 621, Pepper Pike FD Eng 915, Hillcrest Air 577. FPO/D703 ©
Mayfield Heights FD (Cuyahoga): W/F MABAS Box # 501 Level 2 @ 6602 Maplewood. String of garages going @ Plymouth Park Apts. Add M/A Richmond Heights FD Lad 721, Beachwood FD Eng 1012, Gates Mills FD Eng 1412, Wickliffe FD Squad, Willoughby Hills FD Squad. FPO/726/D703 ©
Mayfield Heights FD (Cuyahoga): W/F MABAS Box # 501 Level 2 @ 6602 Maplewood. M/A 9 Area FDs. Staging @ Eastland Parking Lot near Micro Center. FPO/726/D703 ©
Mayfield Heights FD (Cuyahoga): W/F MABAS Box # 501 Level 2 @ 6602 Maplewood. Fire K/D. Hillcrest FIU Team S/C'd. FPO/726/D703 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 7711 Club Ridge Dr. Cos: Eng 33, 111, 6, Lad 33, 101, Res111cuE, Med 101, BN 2, 7, 111, 101. 2 sty 4 family OMD. FPO/276/221/D284 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 7711 Club Ridge Dr. RIC: Eng 27, Med 6, EMS 12, SO 2. BN 2 (Trojack) has command. FPO/276/221/D284 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 7711 Club Ridge Dr. BN 2 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/276/221/D284 ©
Cortland FD (Trumbull): W/F Box # 1211 @ 244 Greenbriar. 1 sty attached garage with heavy fire/smoke showing. Cos: Eng 12, 13, Lad 12, Med 12, Chief 11. FPO/265/D703 ©
--- Pages Today: 24
--- Pages YTD: 343
DC Firecom/Baltimore Metro Dispatch Report
BALTIMORE, MD (T15-5): Bar / 2300 E. Oliver St / NE of Downtown / T-15 rpts a 2 sty brk end-of-grp w/fire showing 1st fl. [DC/BMD/E*23] 20:18hrs.
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
5 Alarm Fire Maple Shade, New Jersey
Village of Stony Run Apartments
Story and Photos by Bob Bartosz
January 25,2003 Just after 11am A Fast moving Fire quickly spread through the Village of Stony Run Apartment just off of Rt 73 in Maple Shade N.J. in Burlington County
Fire Companies from all over Burlington County along with Fire Companies from Camden County fought the Blaze for over 4 hours with 150 Firefighters, At the height of the fire 5 Ladders combines and 2 Squirts and many hand lines were working the blaze. About 33 Apt Units were Destroyed and 60 people were left homeless
This was the 5th major Fire in the last few years to strike this Apartment Complex, Just last March 2002 a 4 Alarm blaze hit one other part of the complex.destroying 20 of units.
View photos of the fire here: http://groups.msn.com/WorldOfFireDai...t/shoebox.msnw
LEWISVILLE, TX: 1 Alarm Structure Fire. Box 326. 239 Teakwood. 1-Story single family dwelling. Report of people trapped. 1 adult female fatal, 1 infant transported to Parkland Hospital in Dallas. Battalion 163, Quint 163, Engines 165, 161, Truck 161, Medics 163, 162, 161, Chiefs, 162, 164,165, 166, Investigator 161. 1412 hours.
Louisville firefighters battle a 2 Alarm fire in two adjacent houses. (01/25/03)
Louisville Fire and Rescue Department were called out to a house fire on 157 Williams Avenue late Saturday afternoon. around 3:25 p.m.
The second alarm was struck shortly after the companies arrived and the exposure on the number two side caught fire from radiant heat. The houses, both 2 story wood frame camel back style, were only a few feet apart from each other.
Fighting temperatures below the freezing point, 55-60 firefighters battled the blaze for more then forty minutes. Residents from both houses escaped with out injury
According to officials the fire originated at the 157 Williams Ave address. The occupant was trying to thaw water pipes in his wall, and placed a space heater next to the pipes, inside the wall.
Photos of the fire available for viewing at http://home.earthlink.net/~katdog1121/
Pinckneyville (Perry Co.), IL: 1-25-03, 3:30 PM. Dairy Queen 106 S. Main St. grease fire started in deep fat fryer and spread up the wall. Building completely gutted.
Brooklyn, N.Y. 01/25/03 @ 22:45 hrs.
address: 243 Sand Street @ Navy Street
409 @ 22:44
Engs. 207, 205, 210
Lads. 110, 118
10 - 75 - 22:47
TowerLadder 105 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
squad Co. #1
14 Story Class I 150 x 200 Project Bldg.
All - hands:
7 - 5 - 409 @ 22:50
Batt. 31 reports, Box 409, were going to use All - Hands for a fire in a 12th. floor apartment of a 14 story project type bldg. The attack stairwell is the "A" stairwell.
@ 22:58 Division 11:
All visible fire has been knocked down. Searches still in progress. Fire is Probably Will Hold.
@ 23:05 Division 11:
Primary search of the fire apartment is negative.
Fire is UnderControl.
@ 23:07 Division 11:
Primary search of the floor above is negative.
@ 23:14 Division 11:
Secoandary searches of the fire apt. & floor above is negative.
Come Visit Union County, Georgia's (located in the North Georgia mountains about 2 hours North of Atlanta) web page at http://www.unioncountyfire.com please visit with us.
Jack R. Thompson, Chief
Blairsville Station 1
LAFD Museum Expands Hours and Offerings
You've seen the Los Angeles Fire Department's Historic Station 27 in Hollywood serve as a backdrop for countless films and television shows. Now, you can visit this renowned former firehouse, which has been transformed into a star of it's own - the Los Angeles Fire Department Museum:
Our friends at the LAFD Historical Society who operate the Museum:
...are pleased to announce expanded Saturday hours for the Museum. They are also working on a surprise. OK, I'll tell you...but let's make it our secret...they're planning to open a satellite fire museum in.... Oops, I'd better not say any more!!
Members of the LAFD Public Information Message Service (do you belong?):
...will soon learn all the details. If you haven't been to the LAFD Museum and Fallen Firefighter Memorial, please be our guest. The Museum is now open every Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM. For more information and directions, please visit:
Respectfully Yours in Safety and Service,
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room OCD - E423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: email@example.com
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(HNAN) Hot News Alert Network
P.O. Box 80607 Metro Atlanta Area
Atlanta, Ga. 30366
Dave Williams - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Delmar - email@example.com
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: World Of Fire Report: 01-25-03
01-30-2003, 10:52 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 01-25-03
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)