Thread: Just Me Venting

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Just Me Venting

OK this ****es me off. This is why IMHO politics are so wrong these days, and this is not just a one party issue.

This is a quote in a news article.

For all its defiant talk, the Iraqi administration conceded that Bush -- the "super-idiot" in the words of Saddam's Baath party newspaper Friday -- is not bluffing. And Baghdad can have few illusions about its ability to resist America's might.

Now anyone, some one, Bueller .. Bueller, would like to take a guess why these people in this country are saying things like this. It is because our own country's politicians say the same god dam fing thing about the president. Disagree with the man, dislike the man, but I think that it weakens the country when other politicians in nothing more then a way of hoping to gain more votes for there next election, say slanderous things about the president.

At least these people are smart enough to finely admit 1. That Bush is not bluffing, and 2 they have no ability to resist our might.

Sorry I had to rant this just caught my eye and it ****ed me off. All better now.

IACOJ BOD

The ability to publicly disagree with an administration of a country is what you stand for.

Try saying this load of bollocks in Iraq and see how long you last.

Just my point of view, and I am allowed it.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Like I said disagree, don't like the guy and make it public all you want, but to slander the President is wrong. Some of our own Democratic politicians have done just that. Now it is not just Democrats it is also republicans that do the same.

To me this undermines the authority of the President when other countries see other US politicians calling him an Idiot. And to me this is an example of where that could leas with the Baath Party now doing the same.

The protection to free speech does not give a person the right to slander and under mind the president of the United States.

MembersZone Subscriber

I hear you Airborne. This man is not an idiot. He is going to go down as one of the most courageous, intelligent Presidents ever.

It makes me laugh that conservatives had to sit by for eight years while slick willy made a mockery of the Presidency, w/o calling him names because he was the President. Now, we finally have a man of decency and decorum in there, and they call him things like "idiot".

MembersZone Subscriber

IT acctualy it quite childish that leaders of a free nation. They are all after all a leader in the US one way or another, that some of them are resorting to name calling. I mean is that what this nation has come to.

Alot of people do not realize this but Clinton was impeached.

I;m still not sure how he did not get tossed out on his ***, but that is politics.

In 1998, as a result of issues surrounding personal indiscretions with a young woman White House intern, Clinton was the second U.S. president to be impeached by the House of Representatives. He was tried in the Senate and found not guilty of the charges brought against him. He apologized to the nation for his actions and continued to have unprecedented popular approval ratings for his job as president.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

Just something to add. Before anyone gets on here and uses the excuse that "it's his personal life and that's none of our business."
    In any other occupation in this country, if you were having sex with a co-worker in the place where you did your work, you would be tossed out on your *** in a heart beat. Secondly, he lied about it under oath. If he can lie about that, what else has he lied about. That goes for democrats, republicans, libertarians, etc.
    Last edited by mallethead; 01-31-2003 at 09:16 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ??????????

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm in George's post?
    "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: ??????????

Originally posted by Duffman
    Do I detect a bit of sarcasm in George's post?
    Trust me, Duffman. There is NO sarcasm in that post!

I agree with Airborn and George. The reason that the left calls the President names is because they cannot stand the fact that he has outmanuvered them on so many issues, and he stands for his principles no matter what is going on around him. I think most Americans would rather have a President like George W. than one like "Bill the Zipper" that took an opinion poll for every decision. (Pardon me for putting both names in the same sentence) Most liberals cannot debate the issues without calling names and using slander; I've come to believe that its their nature when they are not in power.

MembersZone Subscriber

You know it is funny I love my parents but my mother is a Democrat, and she has used the phrase that he is an Idiot, I have asked here to tell me what leads he to believe this and it is always the same thing. Well with Clinton in office the economy was doing great and their where jobs and this and that.

I'm not sure where the miss understanding is but Bush had nothing to do with the Dot Com companies all falling. Infact it is the same mentality that the Liberals have that built these faulty dot COM companies that failed in the first place. Rather then taking a tough edge business approach to crating these companies, they just assumed because "GORE" created the Internet that everything would be just fine. But in the end it was not. It just so happens that this all started right at the end of Clinton's term, but it is Bush that is going to have to deal with it. Just like it is Bush that is now dealing with Clinton's lake of a tough stance on foreign affairs.

People say that 9/11 would never of happened if Gore would have been president, I say that it happened because Gore and Clinton where in office. The planing stage for 9/11 happened on their watch, and Clinton was offered Saddams head on a platter more then once and did not take it. Those leaving the man for Bush to deal with.

I'm not sure how much more disillusioned people can be but when I hear the above statements come out of the mouths of many ultra Liberals it makes me wish that they would all go over to Iraq and live there under Saddams rule for a while and get a sense of reality.

There is a reason that the US is a target, it is because we are the biggest badest bog on the Block, and these small time dictators need to target us to make them selves look strong. And unless we put our foot down, like Bush is trying to do, it will go on. We need to act like the leader of free nations in this world like we are, or some leader of a NON Free Nation is going to cause our people great harm. Not longer can we sit by and pretend that the affaires of the small dictators do not effect us, they do, and when we do nothing, they people of these countries that are being oppressed grow to hate us, because we let it happen. If I were in charge there would not be a dictator to be found; every country would have a chance to have free elections, and to be free from oppression and torture.

Sorry I guess I lost track of where I was going with this. Just me venting again.

The liberals are very good at twisting their words to make people think that they are trying to do something good, but I think that the American people are finally seeing through their old schemes.

Hey Airborne, how long were you in the military? I am twenty and have seriously thought about joining up. Any suggestions on which branch is the best to join?

MembersZone Subscriber

I have been in the military for almost 12 years. I joined 5 days after I turned 17. I spent 4 1/2 years on active.

As far as what branch. It depends on what you want to get out of it. If you are looking for the more comfortable side of the military that would be the Airforce. Big time budgets and they know how to take care of their troops, and allot of new Technology that can help to get a great job after the military. If you are in to travel or you like the open seas then the Navy. If you like to BRAINWASHED then the Marines are for you. Or if you are an in the middle type guy then go for the Army, that is where I'm at. I guess there is also the Coast Guard but I don't know much about them, there kind of the read headed stepchild of the military. But it sure sounds like they have allot of fun also.

After you have decided that then the next thing you need to look at if what you want to do in the military. If you are going to make a carrier out of it, then I would suggest going to collage and becoming an officer through ROTC. Or if you already have your collage down then join the military as an enlisted and then after a few years go into the OCS school and become an officer.

But if you are like me and Collage is not your thing, or your not going to make a carrier out of it then being enlisted is not bad either.

Then you have to figure out what job you want. There are some jobs that transfer in to the civilian side very well, and then there are others that don't. If you do not lie getting dirty and working hard then I would suggest staying away from the combat arms area. Go into something more sedate like mechanic or something along that line. Nothing wrong with doing that they all play a big part, just don't lie to yourself because you will hate it if you get into something that you just are not meant to be.

Good Luck. And feel free to PM any other questions you may have.

MembersZone Subscriber

It makes me laugh that conservatives had to sit by for eight years while slick willy made a mockery of the Presidency, w/o calling him names because he was the President.
    George you don't honestly believe conservatives didn't resort to name calling do you? I am no liberal kool aid drinker, but come on. Neither party has a monopoly on any of the dirty tricks, name calling, bad mouthing etc. I can think of plenty of examples from both sides of the aisle.
    "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

Hey Duffman, I would like to ask you a question if I may. When have you seen the liberal pundits debate in any civilized way the ISSUES without throwing around degrading remarks? When their arguements don't work against conservative ideas they are usually reduced to heaving insults. I won't say that the other side never does the same, but isn't it ironic that the liberals say that they are the only ones who are "caring" when they do most of the insulting?

Forum Member

I always like it when people throw around conservative vs. liberal when referring to politicians. Hello folks ALL politicians are cut from the same cloth. They are interested in two basic things. Getting elected and getting money to get re-elected. What happend in 1994 during the Republicans heady days of their "contract with America"? Not much except worrying about who Clinton was sleeping with. Whats old Newt doin these days? The Democrats are no better. I love it when people really think there is a difference between Republicans and Democrats in Washington. I think it is a bit early to anoint W. as one of our greatest Presidents. His legacy is still a work in progress.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Duffman

George you don't honestly believe conservatives didn't resort to name calling do you? I am no liberal kool aid drinker, but come on. Neither party has a monopoly on any of the dirty tricks, name calling, bad mouthing etc. I can think of plenty of examples from both sides of the aisle.
    Absolutely not. But when you heard a conservative bring up any derogatory item at all about him, the liberal side acted as though he was above it all because he was President.

However, I do not think that, if you use the last ten years as an example, that you can make a case that the Reps. played the dirty, vile game of partisan politics, character assassination and dirty tricks that the Dems did. I know that you can't do that.

IACOJ BOD

OH YAY.

We have had

1. Religion
    2. Beer in the Firehouse.
    3. NOW POLITICS.

I am using that "unsubscribe to thread" button again.

Try NOT shooting each other over these issues please.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I won't be angry over this thread, Kiwi. I'm not always right about political stuff

MembersZone Subscriber

I do not think that, if you use the last ten years as an example, that you can make a case that the Reps. played the dirty, vile game of partisan politics, character assassination and dirty tricks that the Dems did. I know that you can't do that.
    I am afraid that I can. While I agree that Clinton had serious credibility issues due to his behavior, there were also many examples of dirty vile partisan activity going on. When I have more time I will email you with examples.

To address charactor assasination: Anita Hill's charactor was attacked by those supporting Clarence Thomas. I also have examples of that if you wish to see them.

Why is it so hard for people to see these things. Both parties rush to defend their people while they are in power, and the other side tries to bring them down.

That is why I remain independent. I like to get both sides of the story. For example, the last two books I read were Sean Hannity's and David Brock's Blinded By The Right.

Don't drink the kool aid, no matter what the flavor,
    Duff

IACOJ

Thread Information