MembersZone Subscriber

Default Years of service awards

I am looking to see what some other departments give there members for their years of service. At my department you get a pin for every five years and a wall clock when they retire

thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

We get a leaf to place on your tunique & when you retire, the Assocation usually buys something to the member.
    Joel

Lets never forget the events of 9-11

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

**And of course these are only my opinion and only mine. Don't take it out on anyone else but me.**

MembersZone Subscriber

We give a plaque for every 5 years of service.(5,10,15,20,25, etc)
    We have given a plaque for however many years after 10 when they quit or move onto a full time dept IF they leave in good standing. For the past 2 chiefs who retired the Association purchased gold "retired chief" badges for them.

Forum Member

As we are a paid-on call service, a bounty is paid on completion of 10, 15, 20 & 25 (the maximum we can do),years service. The payment runs from around 500 up to 2000 on completion of your final year. After that comes retirement and in exchange for handing back your pager you get a framed certificate from the Chief in recognition of your years of service.
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Forum Member

Everyone gets a framed certificate and years of service pin for every five years. Usually when someone leaves/retires, depending on how long he/she has been on, we will get them some kind of gift.

When my dad retired after 23 years, he was given his helmet, with a gold leaf parade front, a plque with is badge and name pin mounted on it, and a plaque with his years of service and an axe on it. When my brother left after 10 years, he was given his helmet and a plaque with city patch, emt patch, his badge, name pin, and years of service pin.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

I am looking to see what some other departments give there members for their years of service. At my department you get a pin for every five years and a wall clock when they retire
    Well, we do the same, a star for every five years and a $50.00 Gift Certificate for each benchmark as well.

At Retirement, the city Pays for a Retirement party and our Association pays for a Shadow Box with momentos collected over the years including all thier Badges that is given to the emplyee.

We also give each retireee a life membership to the association and are always envited to all of our association parties and functions.
    Front line since 1983 and still going strong

OK I guess I dont know everything like I thought I did! What is a tunique?

Stay Safe

Andy

Thread Information