Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Years of service awards

I am looking to see what some other departments give there members for their years of service. At my department you get a pin for every five years and a wall clock when they retire

thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

We get a leaf to place on your tunique & when you retire, the Assocation usually buys something to the member.
    Joel

Lets never forget the events of 9-11

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

**And of course these are only my opinion and only mine. Don't take it out on anyone else but me.**

We give a plaque for every 5 years of service.(5,10,15,20,25, etc)
    We have given a plaque for however many years after 10 when they quit or move onto a full time dept IF they leave in good standing. For the past 2 chiefs who retired the Association purchased gold "retired chief" badges for them.

As we are a paid-on call service, a bounty is paid on completion of 10, 15, 20 & 25 (the maximum we can do),years service. The payment runs from around £500 up to £2000 on completion of your final year. After that comes retirement and in exchange for handing back your pager you get a framed certificate from the Chief in recognition of your years of service.
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Everyone gets a framed certificate and years of service pin for every five years. Usually when someone leaves/retires, depending on how long he/she has been on, we will get them some kind of gift.

When my dad retired after 23 years, he was given his helmet, with a gold leaf parade front, a plque with is badge and name pin mounted on it, and a plaque with his years of service and an axe on it. When my brother left after 10 years, he was given his helmet and a plaque with city patch, emt patch, his badge, name pin, and years of service pin.

Talking

I am looking to see what some other departments give there members for their years of service. At my department you get a pin for every five years and a wall clock when they retire
    Well, we do the same, a star for every five years and a $50.00 Gift Certificate for each benchmark as well.

At Retirement, the city Pays for a Retirement party and our Association pays for a Shadow Box with momentos collected over the years including all thier Badges that is given to the emplyee.

We also give each retireee a life membership to the association and are always envited to all of our association parties and functions.
    Front line since 1983 and still going strong

OK I guess I dont know everything like I thought I did! What is a tunique?

Stay Safe

Andy

Thread Information