Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default To Serve & Protect - Calgary

Did anyone happen to record last night's episode of To Serve and Protect? A friend from Ontario sent me a message to tell me Station #2 was highlighted, they went on some calls and talked about airborne coverage in the part my friend saw. She thought it was the Station I live across from and have friends at. She was right! I was napping when she beeped me but I would've missed it anyway, it was on at 7pm here. So if anyone recorded it, I'd love to borrow it. Thanks!

Anyone know why Hawcs (I think it was Hawcs ... it was red & white - or is that STARS?) landed right downtown on 9th Ave this morning? Stayed on the ground for maybe 20 minutes or so, wasn't really watching the clock. Traffic was stopped on 9th Ave before the bridge at 8 ST when it was taking off. I couldn't see where it landed though. Maybe on top of Christian Book Store? or the parking lot across from the Roadhouse bar? On top of Mtn. Coop? I just know it was right in front of Continental because I saw the shadow of it coming down and it shook my windows as it landed (I'm on 16 flr facing west, it landed east of me). Whatever it was, it didn't involve the FD because 2 Station wasn't dispatched, I don't recall hearing any sirens, and I saw FF who were leaving off shift look to see what was going on. And a bunch of people in the West tower facing east were on their balcony or at their window too LOL. I really think they must have landed on top of Christian Books, where they record the Stampede Parade from. At one point I wondered if there was a high-rise rescue going on, because when it took off everyone was looking up in the air to the northeast instead of down to the ground in the southeast. Or they picked someone up and dropped them at Peter Lougheed? I went out to the bank right after it took off but didn't see anything at that point. Got home, so maybe 10 or 15 minutes later and it came back, flying low, straight west right over the tracks. If it was Hawcs maybe they were just training. Very unusual to say the least. Maybe it'll be on the news tonight.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Question To Serve and Protect in Calgary??

Howdy!

1.) I missed last nights "Serve and Protect", but I don't think I've ever seen an episode hosted by CPS. The only Alberta police service I've ever seen featured is Edmonton.
    2.) The helicopter you saw (based on your description) is definetely S.T.A.R.S. air ambulance (HAWKS is white with a dark blue blue hawk painted on both sides near to the rear of the aircraft).

Good luck in finding the episode of "Serve and Protect"!

Take care and stay safe

firecadet911

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Thanks firecadet.

My friend from Ontario didn't say anything about the CPS being on this episode of To Serve & Protect, just the fire department. She managed to write 3 names down before her hubby changed the channel on her, one of which I was familiar with.

I found out a bit more information about this morning, but not enough to solve the mystery LOL. A friend in the west tower said the chopper she saw was dark blue & white, and was hovering next to one of the highrises east of the two we are in. She thought someone dressed in orange was on standing on the rudder thingy. So I don't even know if they actually landed on the ground or a building, or just hovered for 20 minutes or so. I could swear the chopper I saw was red & white though, so maybe they were both involved in training or something. Hopefully there will be some coverage on the news tonight.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Talking Insider Information

Hi!

Just thought you might be interested in the following site:
    http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybea...ent/index.html
    All of the major departments in Calgary (fire, police, ems, roads etc)post information pertaining to incidents in and around calgary. The site was specifically set up for the media to access information for news stories. I look at it occasionally to see whats going on in the city. I actually knew about the Erlton condominium fire before the tv media mentioned anything about it! Anyways, just thought you might be interested!

Take care and stay safe

firecadet911

If you're talking about City Beat, yeah I have it on my favs list and usually check it out a few times a day.

I heard about the Erlton fire on CJAY and went straight to City Beat for more news about it.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Howdy Respect, we watched the episode of serve and protect about three weeks ago so it will probably be on again. The shifts on duty for the episode were D and A. The first half hour followed 2 station around and the last half hour focused on the air rescue team with aquatics. I don't know if anyone taped it or not but like I said it will probably be on again.
    Sometimes, in order to make an operation idiot proof, you must remove the idiot!

Thanks resqtek! Do you happen to know if Saturday 7pm is the only time it is on? Its on A Channel right? I tried to find some info on the show today on the internet but no luck.

Know anyone interested in going to the hockey game Tuesday night?? LOL .... this is so bad ... none of my friends will go with me!! They all hate hockey! How sad is that, win Molson Suite tickets (free beer!) and none of my loser friends are interested. *sigh*

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Hi again!

"To Serve and Protect" is on every weekday at 1pm on ch. 70 (CLT or Canadian Learning Television). I think a-channel also does a daily showing of the show at 2am or 3am (don't know how desperate you are to see the show). But as resqtek said, it's gonna be repeated at some point or another - it's just going to be a waiting game at this point.

I have work on Monday and Wednesday so I can ask around and see if there are any copies floating around the station. I'll get back to you if I obtain a copy.

In the mean time, take care and stay safe!

firecadet911
    **These are my opinions solely and do not represent any agency that I am affiliated with**

Thread Information