Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Exclamation The journey towards Crust begins!!!!

Just thought you'd all (hopefully) like to know that on Monday at 1800 I am beginning an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) course at a nearby hospital.

Let the journey begin!!!

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Talking

Good Luck CB!!

We will all be rooting for you. We will be expecting regular progress reports!
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

CB- Good luck to you. What a great journey you are beginning.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Good luck with your classes..... and you're right: the next journey has just begun. And remember:

No matter how bad things start to get in your studies, just remember that somewhere in the world, there is someone out there who will require your help and the knowledge you are about to gain. STICK WITH IT!! Its worth the tears and frustration of studying.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber Engine5FF's Avatar

I will give you some sage-like crusty advice... When your patient says they have to throw up, always point their head toward your partner.
    "What makes a person run into a building others are running out of?...Character."- Dennis Smith

www.elmirafire.org

Forum Member

And when you pregnant patient says she has to push........BELIEVE HER!!!! Never ceased to amaze me how many people won't believe her when she says the baby is coming NOW!!! It's been my experience (not to mention personal experience twice) that she knows what she is talking about

Default other EMS facts

The patients with minor injuries are always the ones who scream "I'm dying!"

The people with the major life threatening injuries are the ones who say "I'm okay...really"
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Thanks everybody. First session tonight threw a lot at the class (all 39 of us ) but everyone seems confident and ready to dive in!

MembersZone Subscriber
    No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

Hey Buffy,GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!
    You know where I am, if you need help ( I teach both EMT-B and P) get ahold of me early, don't want to fall behind early because it is tough to catch up, I think you will do fine, but the door is always open!!
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Good Luck CB! You've got a great advantage having a whole whack of experienced jakes here that are willing to help you if you need it.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Hehehe...

I can hear it now, Puffy & CB together as American Car Crusty...

(Somewhat local joke )

MembersZone Subscriber

CB,
    If you promise they'll never find their way back to Ohio, I'll send you the exams I use for the EMT class I teach. (now, if you want the answer key .....). Also, I'd be glad to email you my lecture notes & handouts. I teach the Brady book - is that what you are using?

Good luck,
    Paul
    Proud to be honored with IACOJ membership. Blessed by TWO meals cooked by Cheffie - a true culinary goddess. Expressing my own views, not my organization's.

Forum Member

Paul,

Yep, Brady- 9th Edition. Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know.

under the covers...ignoring the alarm clock!

I know that you will make a wonderful EMT. And I promise, that 39 will be cut in half before you can blink an eye!
    Jen, EMT-B
    "I got lost in thought...it was unfamiliar territory."
    "I love mankind--it's people I can't stand" --Linus

Hey CB! Good luck. I'm taking EMT-B this year too. I've been doing it for a month now and it's fun. The tests are harder than the fire school class tests were. The best advice I can give is don't miss a class or atleast get the lecture notes ahead of time. We're using The EMT Basic second edition from Mosbey books. Take Care and remember your Body Substance Isolation.

Chris

Forum Member

Hell yeah dude. And right after that comes Quality Improvement.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Dal, That was a good one!

Me and Buffy wreaking havoc on eastern CT in Norwich's finest mercy wagons looking like California raisins in our uniforms!!!!

What a NIGHTMARE !!!
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911

Forum Member

Wait.... I'm missing something......

MembersZone Subscriber

What we mean Buffy, is that when you finish school and get your ticket, if you were to decide to come south to CT. to work you and I
    might just work together. Of course at AASI ambulances are called"cars", you wear a cranberry shirt with navy pants that makes you look like the "California Raisins" from the 80's. Not that bad though, only 3 yrs. ago used to be reversed with a WHITE belt . Good luck, and give me updates.

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911

Thread Information