Thread: World Of Fire Report: 01-31-03
02-07-2003, 07:55 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 01-31-03
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Friday, January 31, 2003
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS / ST. CHARLES Co., MO: The Pattonville FPD and St. Charles FD are working a serious MVA on the I-70 bridge over the Missouri River. They have 3 people that have had to extricate from the cars. /STL819]. 1:00a.m.
· TUFTONBORO, NH: W/F 4 Eaglemere Rd on Tuftonboro Neck. House fire. M/A from Wolfeboro Ossipee, Corner & Moultonboro FD’s to the fire. *154.175* [TAC9-C31]. 5:46a.m.
· IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **2nd alarm** Clinton & Maple Aves. Fire on top floor of a 3 sty frame. M/A to work/cover. [EAN633/503]. 6:43a.m.
· WEST PARIS, ME: W/F 200 Main St. House fire. M/A from Paris & Norway FD’s to the fire. *154.070* [TAC9-C31]. 7:40a.m.
· NEWBURY, MA: W/F 203 High St. House fire. M/A Ladder from Rowley to the fire. *154.145* (C101) [TAC9-C31]. 7:43p.m.
· GREEN OAK TWP. (LIVINGSTON Co.), MI: *2nd alarm equiv.* 9726 Silver Side Dr. Working fire in a single-family dwelling. Smoke showing on arrival. Brighton & Northfield on m/a for station fill & scene. [FNNM-991>400]. 8:02a.m.
· U/D NEWBURY, MA: W/F 203 High St. Cellar fire extending up in an occupied dwelling. Additional co.'s to the fire. *154.145* (C101) [TAC9-C31]. 8:10a.m.
· U/D NEWBURY, MA: W/F+ 203 High St. 2 story farmhouse fully involved. OIC ordering all companies out of the building. DWH. *154.145* [TAC9-C31]. 8:16a.m.
· 2nd alarm NEWBURY, MA: on High Road. OIC reports fire in a 2.5 story wood and brick farmhouse. House is F/I. Additional M/A responding. C31 [TAC9-C101]. 8:39a.m.
· ASHEVILLE (BUNCOMBE Co.), NC: *Apparatus MVC* a Saluda VFD (Polk Cty) Pumper/Tnkr exited I-40 @ Exit 44 & rolled. 1 FF xported w/ serious injs. New apparatus, unsure why it was in the area. Occ'd 06:50hrs EST. [CFP195*700]. 8:57a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Riverview FPD had a 1st alarm fire at 0715hrs at 10812 Glen Garry Rd. Fire in the bedroom of an occupied 1 story house. Eng 4910 with one line off. ENG: 4910, 4920, 5125 & 5110. [STL810/966]. 9:00a.m.
· OLD BRIDGE (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: *Third alarm* 54A Mapleview, Country Living Apts. Heavy fire conditions exist. Numerous in on mutual aid from Middlesex and Monmouth Counties. Exterior ops in progress. Trenchcut being performed. [EAN700]. 10:02a.m.
· NEW DURHAM, NH: Snowmobile Accident on Rt.11 south of Davis Crossing. Vehicle vs. several snowmobiles with very serious injury. M/A from Farmington, Alton & Rochester medics. *159.900* (C101) [TAC9-C31]. 10:35a.m.
· BRONX, NY: 22-3509 *2nd alarm on arrival* E198 St x Marion Ave. Fire 4-5th flrs of a 6bk OMD. B18 SAFETY/B15 COMM CORD. [MNS342]. 11:25a.m.
· U/D BRONX, NY: 22-3509 *2nd alarm on arrival* aof 2520 Marion Ave. x E198 St. Fire 4-5th flrs of a 5bk omd 75x100. Day care center on 1st fl. 1 line in oper, 2nd line in process. Only 1 & 1 o/s on trans of 2nd alarm. MNS119 [MNS342]. 11:30a.m.
· U/D BRONX, NY: 22-3509 *2nd alarm* corrected aof *2820* Marion Ave x E198 St. Fire 4-5th flrs of a 5bk omd 75x100. D7 IC rpts 2 lines s/o. All vis fire is k/d. Searches neg on flr above, in prog on fire fl. L38 FAST. MNS119 [MNS342]. 11:34a.m.
· U/D BRONX, NY: 22-3509 *2nd alarm* aof *2820* Marion Ave. x E198 St. Fire 4-5th flrs of a 5bk omd 75x100. D7 IC rpts fire is pwh. EMS treating 1 minor inj. *FINAL* MNS119 [MNS342]. 11:45a.m.
· HARVARD, MA: W/F on Slough Rd. Fire in a commercial building. M/A to fire and for coverage. DWH. *33.04* C105 [TAC9-C33]. 12:09p.m.
· 2nd alarm HARVARD, MA: on Slough Rd. Fire in a warehouse 80x80. M/A Ayer ladder to fire and Devens for coverage. DWH. *33.04* C105 [TAC9-C33]. 12:17p.m.
· U/D HARVARD, MA: 2nd alarm on Slough Rd. Fire is in a refrigeration cold storage building. Remains DWH. *33.04* C105 [TAC9-C33]. 12:24p.m.
· WENHAM, MA: Topsfield Rd & Conrad Circle. MVA with entrapment. Jaws to work. (1) 10-45C3 *155.940/153.77* C251 [TAC9-C33]. 12:36p.m.
· BRIDGEPORT, CT: MVA 2361 Fairfield Ave. Jaws in use. Additional truck and rescue requested. CT9098/CT80 [TAC9-C811]. 1:22p.m.
· STLFN: GRANITE CITY (MADISON Co.), IL: Working house fire in the area of North & Logan. Smoke showing - one line off so far. [STL810]. 1:27p.m.
· DOVER, NH: W/F 77 Spur Rd. 2 story house. Fire on floor 2. *154.295* [TAC9-C31]. 1:52p.m.
· STRATFORD, CT: W/F 576 Columbus Ave. Fire on floor-2 of a 3 story wood frame. CT9098/19 [TAC9-C66]. 3:26p.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: Mapaville FPD has a 1st alarm for an attic fire at 4225 Serenity Drive x Sandy Valley Rd. At least one line off. Equipment move-up has been made. [STL810]. 3:52p.m.
· LORTON (FAIRFAX Co.), VA: Apt fire**2nd alarm** 9201 Heather Ridge Ct. Hvy smk shw with possible people trapped. [DC5]. 3:55p.m.
· AVON, CT: MVA area of Route-44 @ Avon Mountain. Victim ejected. Request for lifestar. l/z at Nassau lot at the base of the mountain. CT19 [TAC9-C66]. 4:11p.m.
· ENFIELD, CT: W/F 407 Hazard Ave. Fire showing from floor 2 of a 2 story wood frame structure. *453.200* C09 [TAC9-C101]. 4:57p.m.
· MOULTONBORO, NH: Sledding accident off Castle Shores Road. 2 people down a ravine. 2 rescues from Meredith and a rescue sled from Tuftonboro. 1 10-45 C2 & 1 10-45 C3 on scene. *159.900* [TAC9-C101]. 6:55p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - BENNINGTON, NH: 269 North Bennington Rd. Fully involved mobile home. Request tankers & pumpers to the scene. *154.43/453.0125* C31/C101 [TAC9-C158]. 7:31p.m.
· STLFN: MADISON Co., IL: East Alton FD on scene of a structure @ 631 Monroe St. Wood River FD responded M/A. PD reports smoke showing. (STL 835). 8:20p.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 2nd alarm, 716 The West Mall. Fire #19 fl apt of omd *West 3* TFN328/TFN409 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 8:43p.m.
· U/D TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 2nd alarm, 716 the West Mall. Fire k/d at this time. Command rpts 1 civ. DOA. Req. the Marshals. TFN332/TFN409 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 9:14p.m.
· NEWINGTON, CT: MVA Berlin Twpk @ Roy Rogers. Jaws working. CT19 [TAC9-C20]. 9:47p.m.
· COHASSET, MA: W/F 71 South Main Street. Co.'s report smoke showing. *151.175* [TAC9-C67]. 10:06p.m.
· U/D COHASSET, MA: W/F 71 South Main Street. Chimney fire with extension to building. M/A for coverage. *151.175* [TAC9-C67]. 10:13p.m.
· U/D COHASSET, MA: W/F 71 South Main St. "Red Lion Inn Restaurant". S/C add engine to scene. 3-sty brk & wdfrm. *151.175* [TAC9-C67]. 10:21p.m.
· PAWTUCKET, RI: MVA Main St. x Roosevelt Ave. Req for jaws. 3 add ALS rescue's and extra engine. 1 10-45 C2 to Hasbro. *154.415* C319 O/S C304 [TAC9-C28]. 10:33p.m.
· U/D PAWTUCKET, RI: MVA Main St. x Roosevelt Ave. Car vs. pole. 1 10-45 C2 25 y/o female still trapped. Req for 3rd engine to scene. C319 O/S C304/C57 [TAC9-C28]. 10:40p.m.
· MISSISSAUGA (ONTARIO) CANADA: 2nd alarm o/a 189 Dundas St West. Heavy fire from top floor of high-rise under construction. Crane at top also involved. TFN446/300 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 10:42p.m.
· PROVIDENCE, RI: MVA on Bath St. Car vs. bldg. Req for jaws and rescue with a PUSH. 1 10-45 C2 trapped. C319/57/28 O/S C304 *151.220* [TAC9-C28]. 11:09p.m.
· MELROSE, MA: ACW Box-32 at 23 West Wyoming Ave. Reported smoke showing on arrival. Co.'s charging lines. *159.405* C-24 [TAC9-C20]. 11:26p.m.
· U/D MELROSE, MA: ACW Box-32 at 23 West Wyoming Ave. I/C reports a mattress fire in a dwelling - now out. Co.'s overhauling. PWH. *159.405* C24/C302 [TAC9-C20]. 11:32p.m.
· LINCOLN, MA: MVA Tower Rd off South Great Rd. (Rt.117). Car vs. train w/entrapment. S/C Weston Fire heavy rescue w/PUSH. *154.145* [TAC9-C158]. 11:58p.m.
DC Firecom/Baltimore Metro Dispatch Report
BALTIMORE, MD (58-24): Vac & occ dwelling / 2440 Maisel Ct / BC-6 rpts fire origin in vac dwelling & into walls & occ dwelling / Fire u/c / Rqsts Neighborhood Srvcs & Fire Invest. (T297 O/S) [DC/BMD/E*23]. 10:10hrs.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for January 31, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatch Coordinator Scott Berringer
Hermitage, PA FD: W/F @ Hickory Grill on St Rt 18. Sta 93 & 86 enroute. Kitchen fire. FPO/258/D217 ©
Seven Hills FD (Cuyahoga): W/F 1525 Firethorn. Car with with extension to garage/1 sty house. Cos: Eng 3, 1, 2, Med 1. FPO/D703 ©
Mercer Twp, PA FD (Mercer): W/F on Williams Ave. Fire in Unknown type bldg. Sta 87 & 82 enroute. M/A Sta 75, 99, 93, 96 for tankers. FPO/258/313/D323 ©
Mantua Shalersville FD (Portage): W/F 3351 Pioneer Trail. 1 sty house. M/A Aurora FD & Streetsboro FD for engines. FPO/265/D323 ©
Cleveland FD: W/F 3022 West 14. Fire in an apt bldg. Cos: Eng 24, 20, Lad 20, Squad 2, & BN 4. Tactical Res5cuE- Worker. Lad 4 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
--- Pages Today: 5
--- Pages YTD: 403
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
London Fire Brigade Daily Report
16 Jan 03
1846 G40 Hayes 4 pump fire at The Art Centre, 75 The Green, 1-sty detached storage bldg 15m x 20m fully involved, using 4 jets, 1 hosereel, water relay operations.
0439 E22 Greenwich 4 pump fire on Terves Way, derelict 8-sty apartment bldg 25m x 10m, 1st flr fire using 1 jet & 1 9m ladder.
Runs for the day: 645
17 Jan 03
1538 E42 Biggin Hill (airfield) Helicopter crash (fatal) on St. Andrews Farm, 1 Bell Ranger helicopter fully destroyed on impact, 2 occupants DOA, using 1 hosereel.
2221 A42 Belsize 4 pump fire at The Royal China Restaurant, 68 Queens Grove, 1-sty restaurant 20m x20m, basement fire extended to first floor using 1 hosereel, thermal imaging camera.
Runs for the day: 659
18 Jan 03
0530 E38 Newcross 6 PUMP FIRE at Scandinavia House, 117 Ilderton Rd, incident still working at time of report.
Runs for the day: 696
19 Jan 03
0530 E38 Newcross/E35 Old Kent Road 6 PUMP FIRE, HP HYDRAULIC PLATFORM REQUESTED at Scandinavia House, 117 Ilderton Rd, 2-sty warehouse 25m x 25m fully involved and thru the roof, using 5 jets & 1 HP Hydraulic Platform monitor.
2118 A33 Totenham 4 pump fire at 48-52 West Green Rd, 3-sty shop & dwellings 12m s 10m, heavy fire 2nd flr using 1 jet, 4 civlians rescued.
2227 G35 Fulham Persons report fire at 38 Broomhouse Rd, terraced private dwelling 5m x 10m, 1st flr kitchen fire using 1 hosreel, 3 civilians rescued.
Runs for the day: 555
Runs for the year: 12205
Boise Idaho Report
-0938hrs - W/F - 6227 Eugene Ln (Northwest) = E9, 2, 201, T1, BC1. Have a R/C (room & content's) fire in a 2-story SFD - S/C for E202.
-0200hrs - MVA/Ext - I-84 @ Eisenmann Rd (Southeast) = E12, 22, T1, BC1. Have a one auto rollover w/ 1 pinned.
-2131hrs - W/F - 321 S. Garden St (South Boise) = E8, 5, 6, T6, BC2. Have an R/C fire in a 1-story SFD.
-1144hrs - W/F - Locust Grove @ Amity Rd (Meridian FD) = E301, 302, 601, WT321, AC31. Have a large church w/ a R/C fire - S/C for E21, WT21.
-2149hrs - MVA/Ext - Overland @ Five Mile Rd (Southwest) = E21 o/s of MVA request Ext - S/C for T6, BC2
-2317hrs - MVA/Ext - I-84 @ MP 68 (Southeast) = E12, 22, T1, BC1. Have a 1-auto rollover w/ 1 pinned.
End of January report:
W/F's - 7
2nd alarms - 1
TF fire (high rise) - 1
MVA/Ext - 8
Fatal MVA's - 2
Special Calls - 2
Brooklyn, N.Y. 01/31/03 @ 14:15 hrs.
Lower Prospect Heights
address: 252 Rogers Ave.
between: Carroll St. & Presidents St.
1095 @ 14:01
Engs. 249, 280, 234
Lads. 113, 132
10 - 75 - 1095 @ 14:05
Ladder 123 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #1
3 Story Brick 25 x 70 O. M. D.
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type attach
Batt. 38 reports, Using 2 & 2 with the rest "Fast" for a fire in the basement of a 3 story occupied multiple dwelling. We have 1 - line stretched & in operation. Searches are in progress.
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1095 @ 14:12
Batt. 38 reports, We put All - Hands to work. Have stretched a 2nd. line. Fire's darkening down. Truck's "Opening Up" Still Doubtful.
Batt. 38: Primary search is negative in the basement & 1st. floor.
Division 15: 2 - lines stretched, 2 - lines in operation. Fire located in the basement that had extended up the interior stairs to the 1st. floor hallway. Primary search is negative thru out. Secondary searches are in progress. Will stay with Doubtful at this time.
Division 15: Secondary searches completed thru out & are negative. Fire is UnderControl.
Special Call a Salavage Truck. TowerLadder 146 is s/c
I AM THE FLAG
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
C A R O L I N A S F I R E P A G E
The Carolinas Emergency Network Notification Network
CFP provides coverage to our members based in North and South Carolina and the Savannah, GA area. We page: working fires and multiple alarms, haz-mat incidents, mass casualty incidents, and other disaster information. Our members also maintain a very active email list for follow-ups on jobs, fire buff info, etc. Our web site has apparatus pics and fire station location information. CFP multiple alarm fires appear on WOF, but there is a whole lot more you may be missing!
Call 1-888-491-5201 for information, or visit us at http://www.carolinasfirepage.com
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)