Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Baltimore City Test?

I took the last Baltimore City Firefighter-Paramedic Test, got my score back in the mail....Anyone know any hiring rumors? Can you expect to be called in the first year? What is the next step?
    Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

They recently took class 11 off of the old list. The first class off your test should be in or around July. At least that is what I heard a few months back. You have an excellent chance of getting hired as long as you pass the backround, drug and phsyical test.
    When Life Is On The Line. We Are Never Off Duty.

Default Thanks for info....

Now how do I find out where I fall on the list? And what do you need on the written, to make a good eligibility list number...For instance, I know with a particular dept. if you didn't get at least a 95% on the written, forget getting a good list number. And second, how large are the classes they usually put in? Thanks!

Scubamac

MembersZone Subscriber

I am not sure where you fall on the list would really matter that much. Because they tend to hire city residents first, but this is not always the case. Anything over a 95 will always enhance your chances in getting on before others. They usually exhaust a list before they test again anyway. The class sizes have been around 60 the past couple of years. There are under 500 people that even passed the last test and who knows how many will not make it past the backround and drug test. Hopefully they will advertise the next test and get more people to apply.
    When Life Is On The Line. We Are Never Off Duty.

Thread Information