Thread: World Of Fire Report: 02-01-03
02-08-2003, 02:25 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 02-01-03
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Saturday, February 01, 2003
· U/D LINCOLN, MA: MVA Tower Rd off Rt 117. S/C Wayland Fire/Rescue to the scene and Medflight availability. *154.145* C24 [TAC9-C158]. 12:08a.m.
· U/D LINCOLN, MA: MVA Tower Rd off Rt.117 Medflight unavailable due to weather. S/C Lincoln E-2 w/2nd set of jaws to the scene. *154.145* C24 [TAC9-C158]. 12:12a.m.
· U/D LINCOLN, MA: MVA Tower Rd off Rt 117. OIC reports E-2 to carry jaws thru the train to access site req the ram to work on arrival. M/A Concord to cover ACW. *154.145* C24 [TAC9-C158]. 12:19a.m.
· BROOKLYN (KINGS Co.), NY: *All Hands* Box 4263, 1916 Coney Island Ave. Fire in an automotive repair shop with vehicles in the structure, 3 lines s/o. Fire has extended into the cockloft. DWH. [EAN700]. 12:35a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 4263 aof 1916 Coney Isl Ave @ Ave P. 1 sty comml 25x50 auto repair shop. 3 lines in oper. DIV-15. [MNS-2/30*]. 12:36a.m.
· BROCKTON, MA: MVA Route-24 Northbound @ Route-123. Rollover w/entrapment. S/C Squad-A w/the jaws. Reported 1-10-45-C1 on scene. S/C add ALS to scene. *154.310/155.385* [TAC9-C20]. 12:43a.m.
· U/D BROOKLYN NY **2nd alm** Box 4263 aof 1916 Coney Isl Ave @ Ave P. 1 sty comml 25x50 auto repair shop fire k/d. Return COMCORD/SAFETY all spec units. DIV-15 I/C. FINAL [MNS-2/30*]. 12:44a.m.
· U/D LINCOLN, MA: MVA Tower Rd off Rt 117. Extrication complete. Wayland transporting w/Emerson ALS to Lahey Clinic. Burlington req for photo recon. *154.145* C24 [TAC9-C158]. 12:50a.m.
· UNION BEACH (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: *Second Alarm* 705 Beachview Ave. Fully involved structure. M/A to the scene. [EAN700]. 1:15a.m.
· STLFN: EAST ST. LOUIS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: East St. Louis has a working fire at a pallet company at 2100 Martin Luther King. M/A has been requested from STLFD. Pumpers 2 and 9 and BC 802 are responding. [STL819]. 2:05a.m.
· COVENTRY, RI: ACW 23 Lane E Ramblewood Trailer Park. Fully involved trailer 15x45. No exposures. 3 lines run. Now PWH. *453.125* C304 O/S [TAC9-C304]. 3:05a.m.
· ABINGTON, MA: MVA on Chestnut Street @ power lines. Jaws in use. 1-trapped. *33.820* [TAC9-C67]. 3:44a.m.
· STOUGHTON, MA: MVA 600blk of Park Street. 1-car. Jaws working. Medflight requested but not flying due to weather. *453.0250* [TAC9-C20]. 4:06a.m.
· U/D STOUGHTON, MA: MVA on Park Street. Reported 1-10-45-C2/22 y/o female pt w/head trauma unconscious will be transported to the Good Samaritan Med Ctr Brockton. *453.025* [TAC9-C20]. 4:12a.m.
· NEW BRUNSWICK (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** on Rt-27 aka Raritan Ave. 2.5-sty house. Fire blow out the window's on the A side of the hse. Co.'s opening up the roof. Srch's in prog's req. group recall. [EAN305]. 7:06a.m.
· U/D NEW BRUNSWICK (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm on Rt-27. Fire might be in Franklin Twp. F.D. on scn. 2.5-sty wd-frm house. Co.'s open up the roof. Fire on 2nd flr k/d w/2-hl's. Srch's neg. P.W.H. [EAN503 /EAN305]. 7:23a.m.
· *** Breaking News *** NASA has lost contact with space shuttle Columbia which was due to land at Kennedy Space Center this am. Apparently an explosion has occurred in the sky above Texas. NASA has declared an emergency. [STL810]. 8:38a.m.
· STLFN: Overnite - 0235hrs) ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD had a w/f @ Adkins & Neosho. Hvy fire in a 1-story brick building. At least 2 lines off. [STL899]. 8:58a.m.
· JOHNSTON, RI: W/F 7 Leading St. House fire. Fire in the basement. *154.175* [TAC9-C51]. 8:58a.m.
· U/D JOHNSTON, RI: W/F 70 Leading St. Fire in the basement of a 1.5 story wood frame dwelling. Fire is K/D. PWH. C51 O/S. [TAC9-C51]. 9:17a.m.
· TWIN MOUNTAIN, NH: Snowmobile accident Route 302 at Cherry Mountain Road. OIC requesting a second ambulance from Lancaster. C773 [TAC9-C101]. 10:22a.m.
· SUTTON, NH: MVA I-89 SB at the Exit 10 bridge. Multi car accident (4) ambulances to the scene. Jaws operating *154.160* [TAC9-C31]. 10:43a.m.
· COVENTRY, CT: W/F across from 3570 South Street. A single family occupied dwelling. Fire showing from the B side. *33.44* [TAC9-C09]. 11: 24a.m.
· WARE, MA: W/F on Rte.9 Basement fire CT123 [TAC9-C520]. 11:26a.m.
· MILFORD, CT: W/F 24 Chattam Ave. Fire in the walls of a 1.5 story wood frame. All Companies working. CT9098/151 [TAC9-C101]. 12:00p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - NORTHBRIDGE, MA: 38 Heather Hill Rd. House fire PWH. *33.680* C31 [TAC9-C520]. 12:51p.m.
· TURNER, ME: W/F 55 Main St. Structure fire. M/A to the scene. *153.875* [TAC9-C31]. 12:51p.m.
· MOULTONBORO, NH: Snowmobile accident on Lake Winnipesaukee in Ambrose Cove off Castle Shore Rd. Rider thrown from machine with back injuries. M/A from Tuftonboro FD. *159.900* [TAC9-C31]. 1:08p.m.
· PEABODY, MA: ACW Box 7232 14 Plymouth Rd. Structure fire with smoke showing. *484.6625* C231 [TAC9-C520]. 1:47p.m.
· BROOKLINE, MA: ACW Box 344 110 Winchester St. House fire. Companies charging lines. *483.4375* [TAC9-C520]. 1:54p.m.
· U/D BROOKLINE, MA: ACW Box 344 110 Winchester St. Fire on floor 1 of a 2.5 story wood frame. *483.4375* [TAC9-C520]. 1:56p.m.
· U/D PEABODY, MA: ACW Box 7732 14 Plymouth Rd. Command reports fire K/D. *484.6625* C231 [TAC9-C520]. 2:01p.m.
· U/D BROOKLINE, MA ACW Box 344 110 Winchester St. C-2 reports fire now K/D. *483.4375* [TAC9-C520]. 2:02p.m.
· BRAMPTON (ONTARIO), CANADA: 2nd Alarm Equiv. 195 Kennedy Rd S. W/F #3 fl of omd. Heavy smoke #3 & 4 floors. TFN328/300 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 2:14p.m.
· MONTGOMERY Co., MD: **2nd Alarm** / 6 Tarfside Ct. / Co.#28 - Gaithersburg - Washington Grove / Have a 2 sty dwelling invld. (DC6&NX*DC51) DC/BMD/E*23]. 2:25p.m.
· LAKEVILLE, MA: MVA 12 Harding St. (Rt. 44) OIC requesting 2nd ambulance and the jaws. Middleboro FD also on scene with the jaws. *460.1625* C15 [TAC9-C158]. 3:28p.m.
· PARSONSFIELD, ME: W/F 561 South Rd in South Parsonsfield. House fully involved. M/A from Cornish, Limerick, Shapleigh & Newfield FD’s. *155.745/460.550* [TAC9-C31]. 3:30p.m.
· U/D PARSONSFIELD. ME: W/F near Newfield Town Line 561 South Rd. Additional tankers from Kezar Falls & Acton ME & Wakefield NH to the fire. *460.550* [TAC9-C31]. 3:35p.m.
· STLFN: (delayed) WASHINGTON PARK (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Washington Park FD is on scene of a house fire @ 2333 N. 62nd St. Disp. advised working fire. Caseyville FD on scene for M/A. (STL 835). 4:34p.m.
· SANFORD, ME: MVA area of 207 Elm Street. (1) victim severely injured & trapped. Jaws operating *460.525* [TAC9-C31]. 5:32p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* @ 11th & Convention Plaza. Bldg fire. PUMPERS: 2-9-5-7-17, TL6, BC802/801, SQD-1, DC810. S/C for 2 addl (P29 & P8) to respond to Tucker & MLK. [STL899]. 5:37p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: U/D STLFD's *1st Alarm* @ 11th & Convention Plaza. Bldg fire. S/C for H&L2 to respond to Tucker & MLK Blvd. Unknown type bldg/size-up. Co.'s o/s not talking. [STL899]. 7:42p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: U/D STLFD's *1st Alarm* @ 11th & Convention Plaza. Fire is in rubbish & tires in an abandoned railroad tunnel. Fire is U/C. [STL899]. 5:48p.m.
· ELLSWORTH, ME: W/F Aquarius Lane. House fire. M/A from Surry & Lamoine FD’s to the fire. *154.250* [TAC9-C31]. 6:37p.m.
· TOWNSEND, MA: W/F on Depot Street. A building f/i at a Lumber Company. M/A to work & cover. *453.900* C31/C33 [TAC9-C101]. 6:59p.m.
· LEXINGTON, MA: W/F Box 643 9 Kitson Park Drive. A house fire. M/A to work & cover. Fire is a PWH. *154.340* C31/C33 [TAC9-C101]. 7:05p.m.
· MILTON, NH: MVA White Mountain Highway at Northeast Pond Road. a p/u truck vs. pole with entrapment. Jaws going to work. *154.325* [TAC9-C101]. 7:19p.m.
· U/D TOWNSEND, MA: W/F+ 11 Railroad Street. Fire is in a 75 x 150, 1 story metal clad commercial building. 1 ladder pipe, 1 deck gun and multiple hand lines in operation. Exterior operations. *453.900* C108 O/S C31 [TAC9-C101 C108]. 7:27p.m.
· BOSTON, MA: ACW Box 2181 on Hutchinson Street. CAR 9 reports a 1 room fire in a 3 story brick occupied structure. Fire is knocked. Checking for extension. PWH. *483.1875* [TAC9-C302]. 9:24p.m.
· REVERE, MA: MVA 861 Revere Beach Pkwy (Rt.16) Rollover into pole. Jaws operating. Live wires down. Multi injuries. *154.175* [TAC9-C158]. 9:36p.m.
· BATH, NH: W/F 469 Mount Gardner Rd. A garage w/heavy fire showing. Bath, Woodsville & North Haverhill NH & Wells River VT on M/A with tankers.*154.430* [TAC9-C21]. 10:29p.m.
· UD – BATH, NH: 469 Mount Gardner Rd. OIC now reporting a tractor /trailer unit fully involved also & req. additional tankers to the scene. *154.430\154.295* [TAC9-C21]. 10:34p.m.
· NORWAY, ME: W/F Roberts Rd off the Lake Rd. Structure fire. M/A from Oxford, Paris, Waterford & Otisfield FD’s. *154.070* [TAC9-C31]. 10:35p.m.
· DRACUT, MA: W/F 95 Pleasant St. Building fire. E-1 reports heavy fire showing rear of the bldg. *154.400* C251 [TAC9-C158]. 11:10p.m.
· MIDDLEFIELD, CT: MVA Route 66 between Route 147 and I-691. A 2 vehicle head on-extrication in progress. M/A for 3 ambulances. *46.18* [TAC9-C09]. 11:11p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - DRACUT, MA: 95 Pleasant St. Building fire. Heavy fire showing rear of the building. DWH. *154.400* C251 [TAC9-C158]. 11:12p.m.
· U/D DRACUT, MA: 2nd Alarm 95 Pleasant St. 1sty brk commercial garage with heavy fire showing rear of the bldg. DWH. *154.400* C251 [TAC9-C158]. 11:17p.m.
· 3rd Alarm - DRACUT, MA: 95 Pleasant St. 1sty brk commercial garage fire heavy fire condition *154.400* C251 [TAC9-C158]. 11:25p.m.
· STLFN: ST.CLAIR Co., IL: Villa Hills FD is on scene of a working trailer fire on Bethesda St. Northwest FD resp. M/A. Villa Hills 5700 advises fire coming from roof ATT. (STL 835). 11:31p.m.
· U/D DRACUT, MA: 3rd Alarm 95 Pleasant St. Bulk of the heavy fire K/D. Co.'s have extensive overhaul. M/A to cover the town. *154.400* C251 [TAC9-C158]. 11:43p.m.
· STLFN: ST.CLAIR Co., IL: U/D on Villa Hills FD’s working trailer fire on Bethesda St. Sheriff deputies resp. for traffic control. S/C made for Red Cross and utilities. (STL 835). 11:47p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for Febuary 1, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatch Coordinator Scott Berringer
Cleveland FD: W/F 2068 West 47. BN 4 reports a 2 sty house well involved. Cos: Eng 24, 4, Lad 4, Squad 2, & BN 4. Eng 23 - Worker. Lad 23 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Erie, PA FD: W/F Box # 36 @ 801-801 1/2 East 10th. Large loom-up visible. Cos: Eng 8, 3, 13, 6, TL 2, DC 323. FPO/801/D703 ©
Erie, PA FD: W/F Box # 36 @ 801-801 1/2 East 10th. 2.5 sty house 25 x 30. Add EMS 38, FI 3, CFI 326 to the card. Eng 6 - FAST Team. FPO/801*/D703 ©
Liberty Twp FD (Union): W/F 23562 Shirk Rd in Raymond. Unknown type structure. M/A Perry Twp VFD (Logan County). FPO/X-320/D703 ©
Youngstown FD: W/F 735 Park. Cos: Eng 7, 3, 6, Lad 22, Squad 33, BN 1, 2. Eng 7 reports a house fire. FPO/D323 ©
Jerome Twp Division of Fire (Union): W/F 11740 US 42. Bldg fire. Cos: Eng 210, 211, 241, 341, 91, Lad 91, 271, Med 210, BN 210, 91. FPO/D276 ©
Jerome Twp Division of Fire (Union): W/F 11740 US 42. Add'l Cos: Eng 261, Tank 601, 377, 321, Lad 321, Med 8. FPO/D276 ©
Jerome Twp Division of Fire (Union): W/F 11740 US 42. Fire K/D. Holding 1st Alarm companies. FPO/D276 ©
Youngstown FD: W/F Box # 3244 @ Loveless Ct & Loveless Rd. Cos: Eng 6, 12, 7, Lad 22, Squad 33, BN 1, 2. Eng 6 reports a house fire. FPO/D724 ©
Youngstown FD: Extra Company W/F Box # 3244 @ Loveless Ct & Loveless Rd. Eng 2 S/C'd to protect garage exposure. FPO/D724 ©
--- Pages Today: 10
--- Pages YTD: 413
New York City Metro Area Incidents
as dispatched over the Metro Notification System
for Saturday, February 1, 2003
(MNS) METRO NOTIFICATION SERVICE OF NEW YORK CITY
P.O. 790065, Flushing, NY 11379
Office: 718- 416-4030 Fax: 718-416-4125
Out of area: (888) 225-8866
Visit our Web-site: http://www.mnsny.com
We now have the ability to send our service (Especially accurate FDNY information) to your pager, cellphone or any Email address anywhere in the world. For Information, please contact us at the addresses above.
Sat, 1 Feb 2002 00:50:30
BRONX *Rescue-Assignment* 1749 Grand Concourse nr Clifford Pl - ESU requested for a person that has fallen down an elevator shaft * MNS-2
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:01:55
U/D BRONX *Elevator-Shaft-Rescue* 1749 Grand Concourse - ESU rpts the victim has been removed from the shaft & will be transported to a local hosp * MNS-2
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:10:04
**Heavy Rescue** East BRENTWOOD, NY LIE W/B west of Motor Pky overpass. Pt in traumatic arrest medivac resp. MNS 125/95 IAP
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:19:35
EAST BRENTWOOD NY (SUFFOLK) neg traumatic arrest. 1 ejected in serious condition removed to good sam by Commack vac. 2nd pt removed by Cihvac to good sam. 3-3-30 tx'd signal 4. MNS 125/95 O/S [MNS125 IAP]
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:23:24 -0500 (EST)
BK 75-4263 aof 1916 Coney Island Ave @ Ave P. 1 sty comml 25x50 S/C E/TK (MNS-30*IAP)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:29:29
U/D BK 75-4263 aof 1916 Coney Island Ave @ Ave P. 1 sty comml 25X50 S/C E282 L169 2 lines run 1 in oper. DIV-15 enrte BN-33 I/C MNS-2/30
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:34:05
U/D BK 75-4263 aof 1916 Coney Island Ave @ Ave P. 1 sty comml 25x50 auto repair shop fire in rear / cockloft 3 lines run 2 in oper. DIV-15 I/C MNS-2/30
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:36:05
BROOKLYN NY **2nd alarm** Box 4263 aof 1916 Coney Island Ave @ Ave P. 1 sty comml 25x50 auto repair shop 3 lines in oper. DIV-15 MNS-2/30*
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:44:22 -0500 (EST)
FINAL U/D BROOKLYN NY **2ND ALARM** BOX 4263 aof 1916 Coney Isl Ave @ Ave P. 1 sty comml 25x50 auto repair shop fire k/d return COMCORD/SAFETY all spec units DIV-15 I/C MNS-2/30*
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 02:11:09 -0500 (EST)
INWOOD [NASSAU] W/F SIG 10: aof Doughty Blvd x Healy Ave. M/A Lawrence-Cedarhurst FAST team to scene. [MNS342]
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 06:50:59 -0500 (EST)
BK 75-922 Dean @ Albany 3 sty 25x60 omd. Fire 2nd fl (MNS-30*IAP)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 08:36:55 -0500 (EST)
PATCHOUGE NY (SUFFOLK) ***Water Rescue*** @ West Lake x - West Lake Dr. PD req scuba, 2 amb's & fd forthwith. 2 victims in the water. M/A Bayport for scuba team. MNS 215
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 09:34:09 -0500 (EST)
++Breaking News++ News agencies report apace shuttle Columbia has been out of contact since 0900 est. reports debris in Texas. (CNN) (MNS-516*IAP)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 09:37:14
U/D ++Breaking Mews++ NASA has declared an Emergency ...Sch / Rescue teams on alert in Dallas TX area....CNN live video (MNS-516*IAP)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 10:37:29 -0500 (EST)
NORTH AMITYVILLE NY (SUFFOLK) ***Working fire*** 2 Pendale Dr. c/s Prospect St W. SCPD 110 o/s confirming. LIPA GAS forthwith. MNS 215
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 11:49:21
MANHATTAN (1st Pct) Williams St. Liberty Ave. Tactical rescue. ESU advising male down a shaft 30 ft. MNS 337 WW
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 11:55:24
U/D MANHATTAN Tactical Rescue. ESU has removed the male from the shaft. Will be packaged by EMS. MNS 337 WW.
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 13:17:15
BRONX 75-2712 aof 1295 The Grand Concourse x E169 St. B17 rpts fire on the 4th fl of a 6bk omd. 1 line s/o, all vis fire is k/d. Ret all spec units; Fire PWH; [MNS342]
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:24:02 -0500 (EST)
BALDWIN (NASSAU CO) Working fire, 1412 Anna Pl. Fire in the basement of a p/d, M/A Freeport fast truck to scene. MNS432/250
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:35:53 -0500 (EST)
U/D, BALDWIN W/F, 1412 Anna Pl, Cmd advising 1 l/s/o in basement, main body fire k/d, fire is SIG 12 (PWH), releasing m/a fast truck. MNS432/250
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:41:03 -0500 (EST)
QUEENS 75-7845 aof 40-10 74 St x Broadway x 41 Ave. Fire in a 1 bk comm rest 20x40. No spec or add units req. fire U/C [MNS342]
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:03:07
FRANKLIN SQUARE (NASSAU CO) MVA w/pin, Franklin Ave & Theodora St., NCPD 5th pct o/s req. fd for hurst tool, aided pinned in vehicle. MNS432/250
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:19:27
MANHATTAN *Working-fire* Box 1767 @ Ft. Washington Av & W 183 St. Fire in an occupied bldg. fire #1 flr - L-36/F.A.S.T. * MNS-2
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:21:11
MANHATTAN-75-1767 *All-Hands* @ 506 Ft. Washington Av nr W. 183 St. Fire #1 Flr of an occupied bldg - D/W/H
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:24:34 -0500 (EST)
U/D MANHATTAN-75-1767 @ 506 Ft. Washington Av nr W.183 St. 6 sty brk 75x75 omd. Fire #1 flr. Batt13 rpts 1 10-45 no code (serious-inj) D/W/H * MNS-2
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:32:46 -0500
U/D MANHATTAN-75-1767 @ 506 Ft. Washington Av nr W. 183 St. 6 sty brk 75x75 omd. fire #1 flr. DIV7 rpts pri/sch now negative except for the 1 10-45 code 3. 2-lines run. Fire darkening down. D/W/H * MNS-2
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:44:14
U/D MANHATTAN-75-1767 @ 506 Ft. Washington Av nr W. 183 St. 6 sty brk 75x75 omd. fire #1 flr. DIV7 rpts all visible fire knocked down. Minor ext'n to the flr above thru the pipe recess's. Pri/sch fire apt & flr above negative. 2-lines run. Hvy smoke above. The 10-45 code 3 (serious-inj) will be transported to Columbia Presbyterian Hosp. 10-41 code 1 (suspicious fire/occupied bldg) Fire marshal's req * P/W/H MNS2
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:53:06 -0500 (EST)
Small boat recovered off waters near City Island. Photo op will takeplace today. 2/1/03 between 5 pm and 7 pm at Harbor George located at 14Ave in Queens. A statement will follow. AUTH NYPD DCPI [MNS OFFICE]
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:42:33 -0500 (EST)
QUEENS W/F Box 9741, 63-36 186 LA. Fire 1st fl of a 3 stry OMD. TL152 FAST. MNS432/250
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:47:25 -0500 (EST)
U/D, QUEENS W/F Box 9741, 63-36a 186 LA x 188 St, Fire 1st fl 3 stry 50x100 omd, k/d by E320, still DWH. MNS432/250
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:56:20 -0500 (EST)
FINAL QUEENS 75-9741, 63-36A 186 LA, fire has been placed u/c, releasing 3rd & 4th due engs & squad. MNS432/250
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 20:45:08
BK 75-2182 aof 1321 E100th St x Ave M/N. B58 rpts fire on 1st fl of a 2 sty attached dwelling. 1 line s/o. Fire blowing out windows. Add ENG/TL S/C [E231/L120] L174 FAST [MNS342]
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 20:53:23
U/D BK 75-2182 aof 1321 E100th St. x Ave M/N. D15 rpts fire on 1st fl of a 2 sty att dwg 25x40. 3 lines s/o, fire extending to 2nd fl. req CON-ed for wires hindering operations MNS154 [MNS342]
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 21:18:06 -0500 (EST)
U/D BK 75-2182 aof 1321 E100th St/ x Ave M/N. D15 rpts fire on 1st fl of a 2 sty att dwg 25x40. 3 lines s/0, fire is pwh, 2 members going to hosp for burns on their hands MNS154 [MNS342]
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 21:50:57 -0500 (EST)
MN 75-667 aof 530 2nd Ave x E29/E30 Sts. B6 IC rpts fire on the 4th fl of a 7 bk OMD 150x100 L3 FAST [MNS342]
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 21:52:43
U/D MN 75-667 aof 530 2nd Ave x E29/E30 Sts. B6 IC rpts fire on the 4th fl of a 7 bk omd 150x100. Main body of fire is k/d, searches in progress. [MNS342]
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 22:02:07
U/D MN 75-667 aof 530 2nd Ave x E29/E30 Sts. D1 IC rpts fire on the 4th fl of a 7 bk omd 150x100. Fire is pwh. All searches are neg. MNS119/154 [MNS342]
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 22:25:05
FARMINGDALE [NASSAU] W/F aof 119 Fulton St x Hempstead Tpke. M/A East Farmingdale for FAST Team. Massapequa Tk to Farmingdale HQS. [MNS342]
(CIFN) Central Illinois Fire Network - January Calls
Author: Kim CIFN*99 Aaron Date: 1/2/03 Title: CIFN MVA: Message: ALTAMONT IL.(EFFINGHAM CO.)/poss. fatal MVA/ 1100 Ave & Main/ EMS and police o/s advising child needs to be extricated/pd reqst coroner to scene. CIFN*1/99
Author: Kim CIFN*99 Aaron Date: 1/2/03 Title: UPDATE: Message: ALTAMONT IL.(EFFINGHAM CO.)/ Serious MVA unconfirmed fatal/ Altamont FD, PD, Sheriff Dept. and EMS o/s. Now reqst M/A from Effingham City for a rescue.
Author: Sean CIFN*1 Aaron Date: 1/2/03 Title: UPDATE: Message: ALTAMONT IL.(EFFINGHAM CO.)/ Unconfirmed fatal MVA/ 1100 Ave & Main/ Units o/s cancelled Effingham City Rescue/ 2 Altamont Ambulances enrt to hospital w/ 2 critical pts. CIFN*1/99 (This was later found to be fatal 8 yo boy)
Author: Kim CIFN*99 Aaron Date: 1/4/03 Title: CIFN MVA: Message: DETRICH, IL (EFFINGHAM CO)/300 Ave 2300 St./ 1 car MVA rollover/ male sub pinned under veh/ Detrich FD, Effingham Rescue, Effingham Sheriff's Dept o/s. CIFN*99 (This was later found to be a fatal MVA)
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/5/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE Message: SALEM,IL(MARION CO)609 E. Main/ Structure fire/ occupied bldg being evacuated/ Salem FD 530 en rte/ 5 Trks rep'd o/s per Salem PD w/ hvy smk/ Salem ESDA req'd for traffic cntrl/ Salem FD O/S. CIFN*2
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/5/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE- Message: KINMUNDY, IL (MARION CO) rep'd chimney fire/ now unoccupied house w/i 1st house north of 615 Jefferson St./ Kinmundy-Alma Trk 310 o/s req'd power co to disconnect power/ CIFN*2
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/5/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE-U/D Message: SALEM, IL (MARION CO) 609 E. Main St. Structure fire/bldg unoccupied/Trks o/s w/hvy smk/ Salem FD o/s rd closed iao scene for 5" line/Odin FD to standby @ Salem Station for M/A. Power Co req'd. CIFN*2
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/6/03 Title: CIFN-1 ALM EQUIV- Message: CLAY CITY, IL (CLAY CO) U/D house fire/ iao Oddfellows building on 3rd St./ Clay City FD o/s working req'd M/A from Ingraham FD & N.Clay FD (Louisville)/ Ingraham FD/Clay Co. Deputy O/S. CIFN*2
Author: Sean CIFN*1 Aaron Date: 1/6/03 Title: DELAYED 11:06PM Message: IRVING IL.(MONTGOMERY CO.)/ Working structure fire/ 460 McCord Trail/ Units o/s reqst a tanker from Hillsboro FD. CIFN*1(H/L CIFN*22)
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/7/03 Title: CIFN-MVA- Message: Rural area of (RICHLAND CO, IL) MVA w/ entrapment s of 900 N. Rd on the Ste Marie Rd/ Unknown number trapped/ Olney Rescue en rte/ some occupants out/ Deputy advising bad one req'd Trooper. CIFN*2
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/7/03 Title: CIFN-MVA-U/D Message: Rural area of (RICHLAND CO, IL) MVA w/entrapment S of 900 N. rd on the Ste Marie Rd. Possible fatal/ Olney rescue en rte/ Deputy o/s req'd trooper. 4 victims 2 AMB req'd/ coroner req'd. CIFN*2
Author: Doug CIFN*125 Thompson Date: 1/8/03 Title: CIFN Message: URBANA, IL called to 308 E. Mumford attic fire. 1st alarm Car-20, Eng 21, 22, 23, Truck27. Found to be flue problem, chimney fire. CIFN*125
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/10/03 Title: CIFN-delayed from 7 AM- Message: XENIA, IL (CLAY CO) confirmed fatal house fire/ Old US Rt 50 between Flora & Xenia/ Older couple trapped inside burned/ Xenia FD was o/s req'd M/A from Flora FD/ Fire Marshal req'd. CIFN*2
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/12/03 Title: CIFN-BRUSH FIRE- Message: ODIN, IL (MARION CO) Norton Rd & Community Beach Rd intersections/ Brush fire/ Sandoval Fire rep'd burn barrels and brush near intersection could be larger soon. Eng 19 & others en rte/ CIFN*2
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/12/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE- delayed 2hrs- Message: CHAMPAIGN, IL (CHAMPAIGN CO) Working fire/ 1207 Garden Hills / CAR 10/ Eng 11,13,15 & Trk 111 was O/S (H/L CIFN*125) CIFN*2
Author: Sean CIFN*1 Aaron Date: 1/12/03 Title: CIFN-MVA: Message: KINCAID IL. (CHRISTIAN CO.)/ Midland FD & Sutton Ambu/ MVA w/ ejection /CR 5 just south of 1300 Rd/ 2 confirmed pts. NFI ATT. CIFN*1
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/12/03 Title: CIFN-U/D Message: ODIN, IL (MARION CO) 2528 Norton Rd/ @ Norton Rd & Community Beach Rd/ Sandoval FD was o/s earlier for burn barrels on fire/ brush piled on them involved now/ Odin 0-one/ Eng 19 o/s finishing/ CIFN*2
Author: Sean CIFN*1 Aaron Date: 1/13/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE: Message: URBANA IL. (CHAMPAINGE CO.) Dryer fire ext. into walls/ 2805 N. Cunningham/ C20 Eng. 21, 22, 23, 24 o/s/ Units starting to clear. CIFN*1(H/L CIFN*125)
Author: Doug CIFN*125 Thompson Date: 1/14/03 Title: CIFN-LODD- Message: SPRINGFIELD, IL: We deeply regret to report the passing of Sprinfield Fire Dept. brother Capt. Joe Rotherham of Eng.6.. Capt Rotherham collapsed this am @ a structure fire on the 400 blk of E. Isle. Our thoughts go out to his family. CIFN*3/125
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/14/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE- Message: SPRINGFIELD,IL (SANGAMON CO) General Alarm 708 S. 15th St/ Single wd frm. Fire in back bedroom/ BATT 1/ ENG 1/4/5/7/ Trk 1 o/s req for Metro Arson Squad to arrive. CIFN*2 (H/L CIFN*3)
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/15/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE- Message: SPRINGFIELD (SANGAMON CO) Gen Alarm- 14th & Culber. F/I single story comm garage. BATT 2, Eng 2, 5, 6, Eng 11, Trk 3 o/s. S/C for ENG 7. (H/L CIFN*3) CIFN*2
Author: David CIFN*3 Stroh Date: 1/15/03 Title: CAPT ROTHERHAM FUNERAL MESSAGE: SPRINGFIELD, IL: Funeral service for the public for Capt. Joe Rotherham will be Wed. Jan.22, 2003 @ 11:00 am at the Armory in Spfld IL.(2nd & Monroe). Rigs only. Procession to be @ Bisch at 9:00am. Marchers for procession to be at Station 1, 9th & Capitol at 9:45 am. [CIFN-3]
(The Below calls on 1/15/03 were paged only to CIFN local due to our online dispatch system being down for a day. CIFN*1)
LUDLOW, IL (CHAMPAIGN CO)/ Basement fire/ 304 Orange St/ Ludlow FD O/S. NFI ATT. CIFN*99/ (H/L CIFN*125) 1/15/03 8:40AM
UPDATE: LUDLOW, IL (CHAMPAIGN CO)/ Basement fire/ 304 Orange St/ Ludlow FD o/s req Rantoul FD for M/A. CIFN*99/ (H/L CIFN*125) 1/15/03 9:56 AM
SPRINGFIELD IL. (SANGAMON CO.)/ Fire in a bedroom/ multi-story apartment/ Boysenbarry & Isle streets/ BATT 2, ENG. 7,8,9, & 12 TRK 2 O/S. CIFN*1(H/L CIFN*3) 1/15/03 5:50PM
SPRINGFIELD IL.(SANGAMON CO.)/ 4 car MVA/ 2460 S. Dirkson Parkway/ 2 pt's unconscious / Eng. 5, 6, & 3 ambulances O/S. CIFN*1 (H/L CIFN*3) 1/15/03 7:04PM
SPRINGFIELD IL.(SANGAMON CO.)/ 2 car MVA w/ extrication/ 6th St. & Toronto Rd./ 1 pt. confirmed DOA.1 still being extricated/ BATT 2, ENG 3,11 & EMS O/S. NFI ATT. CIFN*1(H/L CIFN*3) 1/15/03 7:06PM
Author: David CIFN*3 Stroh Date: 1/17/03 Title: RAYMOND (MOUNTGOMERY)IL Message: Working hse fire at 18036 E. 4th Rd/Eng. 501 o/s reporting a fire in the basement of a vac house.[CIFN-3*H/L 22]
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/18/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE- Message: DUNDAS, IL (RICHLAND CO) (rural area) 3756 E. Dundas Ln/ Barn fire rep'd. Deputy o/s reporting furnace fire in a pole barn. FD o/s working. CIFN*2
Author: Chris CIFN*140 Wilcox Date: 1/19/03 Title: CIFN Fire Message: BOURBONNAIS (KANKAKEE COUNTY) 536 Bethel Dr 6802 o/s hvy smoke/fire in attic. Bradley and Manteno M/A w/Eng and Chf CIFN*140
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/20/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE- Message: BINGHAM, IL (FAYETTE CO) near Fayette/Montgomery Co Line/ Unknown type of structure fire/ Ramsey FD o/s w/ M/A from Fillmore FD. (CIFN*22
Author: Sean CIFN*1 Aaron Date: 1/21/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE: Message: EFFINGHAM CITY IL.(EFFINGHAM CO.)/ Working Apt. fire/ 1702 Ford Ave Apt. 2/ Eng. 5, 6, 4, and Trk o/s. Heavy fire & smoke/ Supply laid. Tower working. CIFN*1
Author: Sean CIFN*1 Aaron Date: 1/21/03 Title: UPDATE: Message: EFFINGHAM CITY IL. (EFFINGHAM CO.)/ Working Apt fire/ 1702 Ford Ave./ Cmd advised get FF's out. Partial roof collapse on the east side. CIFN*1
Author: Sean CIFN*1 Aaron Date: 1/21/03 Title: UPDATE: Message: EFFINGHAM CITY IL.(EFFINGHAM CO.)/ Ford Apts. 1702 Ford Ave./ FF's inside advising for Tower to stop flowing water. They are pushing fire back on inside FF's. CIFN*1
Author: Sean CIFN*1 Aaron Date: 1/21/03 Title: UPDATE: Message: EFFINGHAM CITY IL.(EFFINGHAM CO.)/ Working Apt fire/ 1702 Ford Ave./ Crews advised fire k/d - checking for ext./ Tower ops shut down ATT. CIFN*1
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/21/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE- Message: N. of IOLA, IL (CLAY CO) N. of Swift Lane on Edgewood Rd/ Brush fire unknown size/ Farina FD O/S CIFN*2
Author: Sean CIFN*1 Aaron Date: 1/21/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE: Message: EDGEWOOD IL. (EFFINGHAM CO.)/ Garage fire/ 813 N. 500th Street/ NFI ATT. CIFN*1
Author: Sean CIFN*1 Aaron Date: 1/21/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE: Message: DEITREICH IL. (EFFINGHAM CO.)/ Working barn fire/ 22452 East 1300 Ave/ No size up given/ Units O/S ATT. CIFN*1
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/22/03 Title: CIFN-1 ALM EQUIV- Message: MT.CARMEL, IL (WABASH CO) House fire – W/I. 5562 N. 1850th Blvd/ Mt. Carmel FD intial page req'd M/A on arrival from Belmont FD for Tankers & Pumpers/ M/A req'd. Allendale FD. Mt. Carmel FD O/S. CIFN*2
Author: Sean CIFN*1 Aaron Date: 1/22/03 Title: CIFN-MVA: Message:
EFFINGHAM CITY IL. (EFFINGHAM CO.)/ MVA w/extrication/ I-57 SB Lane/EMS & rescue1 o/s/ TT vs. car/ Female pinned under the dash/ Eng 6 also enrt. CIFN*1
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/23/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE- Message: KELL, IL (JEFFERSON/MARION CO area) Toll Lane 1/2 mi South of County Line. Well involved structure fire/ Unknown if occupied/ Kell FPD O/S NFI/ CIFN*2
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/24/03 Title: CIFN-DELAYED- Message: LITCHFIELD, IL (MONTGOMERY CO) Working structure fire @ 419 S. Chestnut/ W/I mobile home fire. (H/L CIFN*22) CIFN*2
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/24/03 Title: CIFN-HAZMAT- Message: FLORA, IL (CLAY CO) North of Main Street intersection in front of the Flora Elks Club/ MVA w/ unknown substance on the ground. Req'd FD to handle per Flora PD SGT F-3/ CIFN*2
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/24/03 Title: CIFN-HAZMAT-U/D Message: FLORA, IL (CLAY CO) MVA 120 N. Main in front of the Flora Elks Club/ MVA w/unknown substance on the ground. Req'd FD to handle Flora PD Ofc's o/s / Clay Co AMB o/s ISP req'd to scene. CIFN*2
(Delayed 6AM) SPRINGFIELD IL.(SANGAMON CO.)/ F/I 2 sty wdfrm fire through the roof/ 232 S. Douglas/ 5 injured civilians, 1 police officer injured while doing a rescue/ BATT 1, ENG. 1,3,7,8, & TRK 1 O/S. CIFN*1 (H/L CIFN*3) Jan 25, 2003
Author: David CIFN*3 Stroh Date: 1/25/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE-DELAYED Message: GREENVIEW (MENARD) IL-0030hrs.today/ Greenview F.P.D. was call to their town square for a working structure fire./ FF's found the restaurant Cousins W/I with the fire spreeding to two other businesses. All three businesses where lost./ The firehouse was threatened for a time as well./ Extensive M/A was called to the scene./ Fire is believed to have started in the restaurant with the electrial system. Fire is still under inv./ There were no reported injuries.[CIFN-3]
Author: Sean CIFN*1 Aaron Date: 1/26/03 Title: CIFN-MVA: Message: SPRINGFIELD IL.(SANGAMON CO.)/ MVA W/ extrication/ Kokemill Rd. & Old Jacksonville Rd./ Car on side/ BATT 2 Eng 9,12,& Trk 2/ Roof off to get pt. out.
Author: David CIFN*3 Stroh Date: 1/26/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE Message: SPRINGFIELD (SANGAMON) IL/ Gen'l Alarm/4601 W. Wabash/Kulvic's Auto Body/ Report of a fire in a paint booth in the rear of the build./ Lt. smk showing O.A. from a rear garage. BATT.2, ENG's 7, 8, 9, 12 & TRK 2 working. [CIFN-3]
Author: Michael CIFN*2 Dickerson Date: 1/28/03 Title: CIFN-FIRE- Message: SALEM, IL (MARION CO) 3167 McCoy Rd/ Grass fire w/ exposure to a garage/ Salem FD has at least 3-4 trucks o/s working ATT. NFI CIFN*2
Author: Chris CIFN*140 Wilcox Date: 1/28/03 Title: CIFN: Fire Message: AROMA PARK, IL (Kankakee Co) 2-11 on card # 50-100 for the Structure fire at 604 Mill street. NFI ATT CIFN*140
Author: Doug CIFN*125 Thompson Date: 1/29/03 Title: CHAMPAIGN COUNTY, IL Message: Savoy FD is on scene with county coroner enroute. Pedestrian hit by Amtrak train. Rt.45 about the area of Airport Road. CIFN*125
Officer S. A. Aaron
Altamont Police Department
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Brooklyn, N.Y. 02/01/03 @ 01:30 hrs.
address: 1916 Coney Island Ave.
between: Ave. " P " & Quentin Rd.
4263 @ 01:15 aprox.
Engs. 276, 330, 254
Lads. 156, 172
10 - 75 - 4263 @ 01:18 aprox.
TowerLadder 153 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #1
Batt. 41 Division 15
1 Story Brick 25 x 50 Commercial Auto Body Shop
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Lot
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type attach
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 4263 @ 01:22 aprox.
Batt. 33 reports, Were using All - Hands for a fire in a 1 story commercial bldg. used as an Auto Body shop. Have some cars involved inside. Heavy smoke condition. 2 - lines stretched & in operation. Truck's are "Opening Up" Fire's Doubtful Special Call an additional Eng. & Truck "K"
@ 01:23 Engine 309 & TowerLadder 159 are s/c
@ 01:26 Batt. 33
Have put the "FAST" Truck, TowerLadder 153 to work, Special Call a "New" Fast Truck. TowerLadder 157 is s/c. We have 3 - lines stretched, 2 - lines in operation. Heavy smoke condition in the bldg. Truck's "Opening Up" Possible extensions into the cochloff. Fire is Doubtful.
2 - 2 - 4263 @ 01:33
Engs. 321, 253, 281
Eng. 207 / Satalite 6
Batt. 43 "Safety Cord."
Batt. 48 "Comm. Cord."
Safety Battalion / Special Operations Battalion
Fieldcom 1 / Tac. Support Unit #2
@ 01:44 Division 15:
Primary search completed & is negative. Secondary search in progress. Fire has been knocked down. Truck's are "Opening Up" Checking for extensions in the cochloff. It's an Auto Body shop, we have cars still on the lifts, delaying the searches "K"
@ 01:52 Division 15:
Fire is UnderControl. Secondary searches still in progress at this time
@ 01:55 Fieldcom 1:
Secondary searches completed and negative.
Story and Photos by Bob Bartosz
A Fast Moving Fire Destroys Deptford New Jersey Home
Shortly after 3:30 p.m. on February 1, 2003 Deptford Township New Jersey Fire Fighters along with Wenonah Borough Fire Fighters were dispatched to a dwelling fire on Howard Avenue in the Pine Acres section of Deptford Township.
As fire fighters left their stations a huge column of smoke was seen in the sky. The first arriving pumper 911 from the Oak Valley Station laid a 5 inch line from an hydrant on Howard Avenue and preceded to the front of the dwelling. Wenonah's pumper 13-12 took the hydrant to supply the first due pumper.
Fire fighters found heavy smoke and visible fire showing from a two story frame dwelling. Two 1 3/4 inch lines were stretched to the side door to try to make an interior attack and search for the occupants. While fire fighters from Wenonah and Deptford went to the roof to ventilate the now heavily charged dwelling. Fire fighters were able to make entry to the rear part of the dwelling, beating back smoke and flames while making an interior search. The search turned out negative. The roof was now vented making it a little easier for fire fighters working inside but the fire had a firm grip forcing the members to back out numerous times.
A Special Call was placed to Greenfield Fire Company of West Deptford Township for their Squirt 666 to assist in the fire fighting. The fire was now through the roof and numerous hand lines were now in use. The fire burned for almost one hour before being placed Under Control.
Fire fighters made a gallant effort in attacking this fire but the flames were always one step ahead of them. They remained on the scene throughout the night overhauling and putting out hot spots. The fire is being investigated by the Deptford Township Fire Marshal's Office.
View photos here:
Deptford New Jersey Fire Pictures
Check out FIREFOTO3'S HOMEPAGE, FEENEY FIRE FILMS
Click here: FIREFOTO3'S HOMEPAGE, FEENEY FIRE FILMS
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(310) 838-1436 weekdays
RE: Affiliate Coordination
Covers all of California with clear signal into Arizona, Nevada, Washington and Oregon for those interested in our coverage.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)