Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Need Some Equipment help/info

Ok, I've been assigned to our "New Building Committee". I'll be researching anything having to do with CAD, Radios, Phones, Console set up, etc... I have a few beginning questions.

Well, we are looking at getting the Motorola CENTRACOM Elite dispatch console for our new building. Anyone have info on this system? Opinions, gripes, concerns, kudos?? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated? We have a DEMO CD for this system and I am not impressed at all.

Also, any info on New World as it is an option as well.

Jim
    Mr 911
    TriCom

We have a Centracom Gold Elite console that I use at work. We are police only for dispatch, but we have multiple agencies and channels on it as well as door release controls. You can have the screen laid out however on earth you want. We have our 3 main channels on the top half. That includes the audio controls, MDC1200 ID Controls, repeater selection and votor controls, and the multi-select & console patch window. Alert tones, muting, and channel marker are also along the top. Below those we have the other agencies on smaller boxes that will drop down. Along the bottom are the door release controls for the building.

I love the thing. We went with the mouse instead of touch screen. If I were you, order the touch screen. The mouse can a pain sometimes. I highly recommend that console. In my own town where I am in the FD, our dispatch center uses an Orbacom PC based touch screen. From what I have seen, it is also very nice and the dispatchers like it. I don't really have experience with anything else to offer insight on. I have neither seen nor used the Zetron console. A neighboring town uses it as well as another agency nearby where I work. They all seem to like it. It is the old fashioned "Buttons & LEDs" style as opposed to the PC Touch Screen. You have to know what style you like.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

we use the centracom gold elite at my full-time job also, and we love it. It is so much easier than the old style systems. We do have the touch screens and they are great! If you have to patch things together it is so much easier than having to click everything with the mouse

Good post my brother .............couldnt have said it better !!!! LOL
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

Default New World

I don't know if you're still in need of info, but our center in upstate NY has had a New World AS-400 CAD system for several years now, and it has been nothing but problems. Their service was terrible, and every time we had a problem or wanted to change something, we had to pay, even though we have a maintenance contract. We are currently in the demo process of upgrading to a Windows based CAD system and New World has given us a demo. It seems to be a complete turn around in the quality and design of the software. They have a seperate design and support team for the windows product, and it seems much better. We're still very hesitant to get involved with this company again, but there product seems very good.

Also, our center uses the Orbacom TDM Series radio console, and we are very happy with it. We're in the process of upgrading that as well to a Windows based screen that is more customizable. I don't think it's ever gone down completely, sometimes it burps, but seems very stable.

I'm a new member here, looking around. Hope this helps.

Mike
    www.sullivancounty911.com
    www.narrowsburgfd.com

I always need more info!! Thanks. We are also looking at New World for our CAD and having Centracom as Radio/Phone. Thanks everyone!!

Thread Information