Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber rocket455's Avatar

Question New guy here with a question about firefighting

Greeting all:

I'm considering a career in fire/emt and wanted to ask what to do as far as looking for employment. I live in Georgia in Gwinnett County and wanted to apply for a Firefighter I position. In the mean time could you tell me, if possible, how does one become a fire/emt?

I've read about the fire I testing. Is this something they teach you when you're recruited into the fire training school? I'm clueless about this and wanted some advice from others. If any of you guys are fire/emt in Gwinnett can you give me any info on how to apply and when the fire department might be hiring again.

Thanks for your time,

Andy Norris

MembersZone Subscriber Airborne's Avatar

The best way to get the answers for your area or a specific department would be to call them. Don't be afraid to do so, they are always happy to talk to people who want to become a FF.

Welcome..
    2 things to start with.
    If you have a volunteer department in your town join it and learn as much as you can. Get your EMT too. That way you'll have the basis for the 2 major parts of the job, Fire and EMS.
    If you are really serious about the job after that go to school and get a fire science degree.

Good Luck

Thread Information