Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Question Snowmobile Rage??? What Will They Think Of Next?

This is from the Alberta news....

Alta pair allegedly pummelled by snowmobilers in case of "snow" rage.

Canadian Press Tuesday, February 11, 2003

EDMONTON (CP) - An Alberta couple were allegedly punched, kicked and pushed in what Mounties are calling one of their first cases of "snowmobile rage."

"(We've had) road rage, but not really snowmobile rage," Strathcona County RCMP Const. Darren Anderson said Monday.

He said he has never heard of a similar case in his 10 years as a police officer.

A woman driving a truck Saturday encountered five snowmobiles with six people on them, RCMP said. The truck was about 50 metres from the driveway of her rural home east of Edmonton.

As she turned into her driveway, one of the snowmobiles followed her, so she stopped. A large man approached and began yelling and pounding on the windows.

The man claimed he was cut off on the road by the woman. The woman's husband heard the yelling and came running down the driveway.

According to police, the large man pushed the husband against the truck, grabbed his arm, and threw him on the ground and kicked him in the side and in the head.

Another man ran up the driveway and also began kicking the husband, who suffered a dislocated shoulder.

The woman got out of the truck to try and get a licence plate number from the snowmobiles, but she was pushed and punched by the men and slightly hurt.

The two men then rejoined their group at the end of the driveway and fled the scene.

(Edmonton Sun)

© Copyright 2003 The Canadian Press
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Apparently they must allow snowmobiles on the road in your area. Around here they must stay on the trails and may only cross the road at designated areas which are marked with mini stop signs for the snowmobilers - traffic has the right of way. If a snowmobile were to be hit it would not be the fault of the driver on the road.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I don't know the specifics for the Edmonton area, but in most places what you say is basically true. Trail crossovers are usually in "common" places and are often regulated in some fashion, but not always.

It would be my guess that the guy on the snowmobile was in the "wrong"... but that is just a guess.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber Airborne's Avatar

You know people like this need to have there asses tossed in Jail for a very long *** time. All I know is if some one was hearssing my wife like that they would have a few holes in them.

MembersZone Subscriber Airborne's Avatar

Oh and before anyone get's on my case about my statment, My property, and my family, as far as I'm concerned your trespassing, and endagering my family, and I will be doing nothing but protecting it.

Of course I would give them a secound or 2 to re think what it is that they are doing while staring down the barrel, but after that it self defense.

Forum Member

Wink

Price of gasoline the way it is, I am waiting for gangs of scooter riders, scooter rage, etc...

The Doc is out and definately calming down from the last thread now.

Thread Information