World Of Fire Report: 02-05-03
World Of Fire Report is brought to you by: Firehouse.Com.
For the latest fire news visit http://www.firehouse.com
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
* Please Note - Due to a software glitch with Windows, MS Word & Outlook Express e-mail programs - parts of the WOF Report will not be formatted correctly. I'm hoping to have this problem fixed soon.
Wednesday, February 05, 2003
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS MO - STLFD HAS A WORKING FIRE AT 634 E. CARRIE. SMOKE SHOWING FROM A 2 STORY FRAME HOUSE - ONE LINE OFF. PUMPERS 20 12 26 TL 2 BC806. [STL810]. 3:52p.m.
· STLFN: U/D ST. LOUIS MO - STLFD WORKING FIRE AT 634 E. CARRIE: BC806 REPORTS FIRE IS UNDER CONTROL WITH ONE LINE OFF. PUMPER 26 & TRUCK 2 CAN RETURN. [STL810]. 3:58p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS MO - STLFD HAS A *1ST ALARM* FIRE AT ABNER & ASHLAND. FIRE SHOWING WITH EXPOSURE PROBLEMS. ONE LINE OFF SO FAR. PUMPERS 24 13 27 26 28 H&L 15 RESCUE SQUAD 2 BC805 806. [STL810]. 4:02a.m.
· STLFN: U/D ST. LOUIS MO - STLFD *1ST ALARM* FIRE AT ABNER & ASHLAND: 1 STORY FRAME HOUSE IS FULLY INVOLVED. FIRE HAS EXTENDED TO A 2ND HOUSE. AT LEAST TWO BIG LINES OFF. DC810 IS TAKING IT IN NOW. [STL810]. 4:06a.m.
· STLFN: U/D ST. LOUIS MO - STLFD *1ST ALARM* FIRE AT ABNER & ASHLAND: BC805 RPTS (2) VACANT SINGLE STORY FRAME HOUSES - FULLY INVOLVED. CO'S USING 4 MASTER STREAMS IN DEF MODE. WILL HOLD ATT. [STL810]. 4:27a.m.
· MVA NATICK,MA. MASS PIKE WESTBOUND BY RT 30. 1 VICTIM TRAPPED. JAWS WORKING. M/A WESTON. *154.205* C768 [TAC9-C742]. 7:54a.m.
· MVA DEDHAM,MA 83 DEDHAM PKWY ROLLOVER 1 1045C2 TRANS TO BETH ISRAEL 2 1045 PEDI'S TO CHILDREN'S OSPITAL *153.950* [TAC9-C520]. 7:54a.m.
· STLFN: MADISON IL (MADISON COUNTY) - WORKING HOUSE FIRE AT 10th AND GRAND. FIRE COMING FROM THE WINDOWS. [STL810]. 8:05a.m.
· STLFN: U/D MADISON IL (MADISON COUNTY) - WORKING HOUSE FIRE AT 919 GRAND AVE (corrected address): FIRE SHOWING FROM THE WINDOWS OF A 1.5 STORY FRAME HOUSE. [STL810]. 8:10a.m.
· HOUSE EXPLOSION CRANSTON, RI: 16 SEVEN OAKS TRAIL. A 1 1/2 STORY RAISED RANCH 40X30 TOTALLY DESTROYED BY A NATURAL GAS EXPLOSION. LADDER PIPES IN OPERATION. *154.010* C303N. [TAC9-C51]. 8:35a.m.
· U/D HOUSE EXPLOSION CRANSTON, RI: 16 SEMINOLE TRAIL (CORRECTED ADDRESS). 1 1/2 STORY WOOD FRAME RANCH LEVELED BY A REPORTED NATURAL GAS EXPLOSION. REQUEST GAS COMPANY WITH A PUSH. *154.010* C303N. [TAC9-C51]. 8:54a.m.
· W/F WHITMAN MA 866 BEDFORD ST (RT 18) REPORTED BUILDING FIRE M/A TO THE SCENE FROM HANSON AND EAST BRIDGEWATER FOR COVERAGE *472.400* C519/C105 [TAC9-C33]. 9:26a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS MO - STLFD HAS A WORKING FIRE IN A SALVAGE YARD AT 4821 DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING DR. AT LEAST ONE LINE OFF. CIVILIAN WITH BURN INJURIES. PUMPERS 26 28 BC805 DC810. [STL810]. 10:09a.m.
· W/F WEST SWANZEY NH 1 RAILROAD STREET STRUCTURE FIRE AT THE "PORT-O-LITE CO" M/A TO THE FIRE *154.430/453.0125* [TAC9-C31]. 12:19p.m.
· W/F REVERE MA FOR A BUILDING ON HAWES ST. FIRE NOW PWH *154.175* C105 [TAC9-C33]. 12:48p.m.
· W/F NEWFIELD MAINE 489 SHADY NOOK RD MOBILE HOME FIRE M/A FROM ACTON LIMERICK SHAPLEIGH ROSS CORNER ME & WAKEFIELD NH FDS TO THE FIRE *460.550* [TAC9-C31]. 12:55p.m.
· 2ND ALARM TORONTO CANADA 11 FOREGATE AV DWELLING WELL INVOLVED B/O P213 O/A TFN332 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 1:50p.m.
· ESFN-FIRE: SUSSEX CO DE/ DE 24 ITAO AUTUMN RD/ LONG NECK/ CMD O/L F/I TRAILER FIRE W/ADDITION IN REAR/ EXPLOSIONS RPTD/ HEAVY FIRE CONDITONS/ ADDT ENG/TANKERS TO THE SCENE/ FM UNIT ON SCENE.. ESFN 8/36]. 2:02p.m.
· HALIFAX PA (DAUPHIN CO)(DELAYED) 4TH ALM EQUIV 1516 N RIVER RD AT RED ROSE MOTEL BLDG FULLY INVOLVED FIRE THRU ROOF SEVERAL GUESTS DISPLACED DC/PA1 PA1]. 2:03p.m.
· ESFN-FIRE: FINAL: SUSSEX CO DE/ DE 24 ITAO AUTUMN RD/ LONG NECK/ F/I TRAILER W/ADDITION TO THE REAR/ AT LEAST ONE FATALITY/ BODY RECOVERED DURING OVERHAUL/ CRITICAL INCIDENT STRESS TEAM EN ROUTE.. ESFN 8/36]. 2:40p.m.
· MVA/PEDESTRIAN: BROCKTON MA. 247 FOREST ST. PERSON CRUSHED BY VEHICLE. REQUEST FOR MEDFLIGHT, L/Z @ CUSHING HOSPITAL, ETA 15 MIN. *154.310* C251/238/327 [TAC9-C66]. 3:05p.m.
· MVA WILMINGTON MA. ROUTE-93 NORTHBOUND @ CONCORD ST. JAWS IN USE FOR PERSON TRAPPED. REQUEST FOR STAION COVERAGE. *154.2875* [TAC9-C66]. 3:54p.m.
· SCOTCH PLAINS NJ: *GEN'L ALM* 101 RIVERVALE CT FIRE IN A GARDEN APT COMPLEX M/A TO WORK/COVER. EANSTAFF-EAN10]. 3:56p.m.
· U/D MVA WILMINGTON MA. ROUTE-93 @ CONCORD ST. (2) PATIENTS NOW EXTRICATED, REQUEST 2ND AMB. (N READING). TRANSPORTING (2) 10/45 CD-2'S, NOW U/C *154.2875* [TAC9-C66]. 4:00p.m.
· 2ND ALARM SALEM MA. 81 DERBY ST. SMOKE SHOWING ON ARRIVAL FROM A PRIVATE DWELLING. B/O C-1. *483.4625* [TAC9-C66]. 4:27p.m.
· 2ND ALARM SALEM MA. BOX-17 81 DERBY ST. SMOKE SHOWING ON ARRIVAL FROM A PRIVATE DWELLING. B/O C-1 *483.4625* C31/302/519 [TAC9-C66]. 4:31p.m.
· U/D 2ND ALARM SALEM MA. BOX-17 81 DERBY ST. PRIVATE DWELLING FULLY INVOLVED ON ARRIVAL. ALL OCCUPANTS ARE OUT. CO'S HAVE THE FIRE K/D, CHECKING EXT. PWH *483.4625* C31/519/302 [TAC9-C66]. 4:36p.m.
· ACW REVERE,MA BOX 49 43 REVERE BEACH BOULEVARD STOVE FIRE IN AN APARTMENT BUILDING WITH A HEAVY SMOKE CONDITION THROUGHOUT 1045 REQ FOR EMS B/O ENGINE 1 C519 *154.175* [TAC9-C520]. 5:44p.m.
· PITTSFIELD TWP, MI (WASHTENAW) ***JAIL BREAK*** FROM WASHTENAW COUNTY JAIL. B/M IN CUSTODY FOR UNKNOWN REASON ESCAPED CUSTODY AT APPROX 5:45. 20+ CARS FROM WCSD, PITTSFIELD, ANN ARBOR ALL O/S WITH PERIMETER POINTS SET UP. SEARCHING AREA BUILDINGS AND APARTMENT COMPLEX ATT. SUSPECT WAS LAST SEEN WEARING ORANGE JAIL UNIFORM AND LEG IRONS. COMMAND POST BEING ESTABLISHED ATT (FNNM-751). 6:09p.m.
· W/F HARTFORD, CT: 363 FRANKLIN AVE. FIRE ON FLOORS 2 AND 3 OF A 3 STORY BRICK. 2 L/S/O. FIRE IS KNOCKED DOWN. CT80/192/697. [TAC9-C51]. 6:30p.m.
· ACW PROVIDENCE, RI: 170 BENEDICT ST. 'HUNTINGTON TOWERS'. FIRE IN THE TRASH SHOOT. *151.220* [TAC9-C51]. 7:09p.m.
· MVA/PEDESTRIAN STRUCK LEOMINSTER,MA RTE.2 EAST NEAR RTE.13 (EXIT 32) LIFEFLIGHT REQUESTED L/Z LEOMINSTER HOSPITAL *460.550* C108 [TAC9-C520]. 7:58p.m.
· W/F BEDFORD NH 148 LIBERTY HILL RD CHIMNEY FIRE EXTENDING INTO THE WALLS OF A DWELLING *33.78/453.875* [TAC9-C31]. 8:33p.m.
· W/F NEWPORT, NH 489 UNITY RD STRUCTURE FIRE M/A TANKERS & S/C CLAREMONT LADDER TO THE SCENE *154.07/154.43/453.0125* [TAC9-C158]. 9:14p.m.
· ELIZABETH NJ: 2ND ALM 525 COURT ST 2.5 STY WD FRM DWLG FULLY INVOLVED EAN45/10]. 9:18p.m.
· JERSEY CITY NJ: 2ND ALM 132 WILKINSON AV 3 STY WD FRM DWLG FULLY INV. REQ EMS FOR A JUMPER DOWN EAN38/322/10]. 9:21p.m.
· JERSEY CITY, NJ **3RD ALARM** BOX @ 132 WILKERSON AVENUE.. DEPUTY REPORTS FIRE ALL FLOORS OF A 3 STORY FRAME.... MNS142]. 9:21p.m.
· U/D JERSEY CITY NJ: BOX 935 NOW A 3RD ALM 132 WILKINSON AV 3 STY WD FRM FULLY INV. RPTS OF 2-KIDS MISSING. EAN322/38/10]. 9:28p.m.
· U/D JERSEY CITY NJ: 3-3-925 132 WILKINSON AV 3 STY WD FRM DWLG WELL INV. 1-ADULT AND 2 CHILDREN MISSING. SEV'L MASTER STREAMS IN OPP: EAN38/10]. 9:50p.m.
· U/D JERSEY CITY, NJ **3RD ALARM** @ 132 WILKERSON AVENUE.. DEPUTY REPORTS 2 TL'S IN OPERATION (TL4 AND TL11).. RPTS OF 2 ADULTS AND 1 CHILDREN UN-ACCOUNTED FOR.. FIRE THROUGHOUT A 3 STORY FRAME .. MNS142]. 9:56p.m.
· U/D JERSEY CITY 3RD ALARM.. 132 WILKERSON.. DEPUTY REPORTS MAIN BODY K/D, STILL HVY FIRE 3RD FLOOR, SEARCHES DELAYED ON 3RD FLOOR.. STILL DWH.. NOW SHUTTING DOWN TL's... MNS142]. 9:59p.m.
· U/D JERSEY CITY NJ: 3RD ALM *TRIPLE FATAL FIRE* 132 WILKINSON AV. CMD RPTS -3- FATALITIES. EAN10]. 11:00p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for Febuary 5, 2003 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatch Coordinator Scott Berringer
Tri Twp FD (Delaware): MVA/PIN 3459 SR 521. Cos: DelCo Med 1, 301, Eng 334, EMS 462. MedFlight # 1 S/C'd. SUV multi-rollover with entrapment. MedFlight # 1 to OSU with 40s female, Level 1 Trauma. FPO/240*/D223 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 2111 Pinegrove Ln. Cos: Eng 23, 4, 181, Lad 23, 32, Res4cuE, Med 4, BN 6, 4, 181. 1 sty 4-family structure. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 2111 Pinegrove Ln. RIC: Eng 32, Med 23, EMS 16, SO 2. EMS 16 (Capt Robinson) has command. Lad 23 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D284 ©
Erie, PA FD: W/F Box # 163 @ 539 East 22nd. Matress fire with ext to walls. Cos: Eng 13, 6, 3, TL 2, DC 323, FI 3. FPO/801*/D703 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 55 West Blake Ave. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 55 West Blake Ave. BN 3 reported fire K/D @ 1445. Holding 2 Engines and 1 Ladder. FPO/284/D221 ©
Columbus FD: W/F next to 885 East Dublin-Granville Rd. Fire in a 2 sty OMD. Fire jumping floors. FPO/284/D249 ©
Columbus FD: W/F next to 885 East Dublin-Granville Rd. Fire running void spaces in structure. All companies working. FPO/284/D249 ©
Columbus FD: W/F next to 885 East Dublin-Granville Rd. Cos: Eng 6, 33, 24, 16, 19, Lad 24, 33, Res16cuE, Res101enG, Med 6, 24, EMS 12, BN 2, 3, 101. Red Cross & Extra Ladder S/C'd. FPO/223/276/284/D249 ©
Columbus FD: W/F next to 885 East Dublin-Granville Rd. BN 2 reports fire K/D. Holding most companies. Building 1 S/C'd for possible collapse of front wall. Multiple units damaged. FPO/MANY/D249 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 559 Frebis Ave. Garage fire. Cos: Eng 14, 2, Lad 2, Res2cuE, Med 14, BN 4. Quick K/D by Eng 14. No RIC needed. FPO/D249 ©
Cleveland FD: (Delayed) W/F 11129 Tuscora. House fire. Cos: Eng 30, 22, Lad 30, Squad 3, & BN 6. Eng 31 - Worker. Lad 10 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
--- Pages Today: 12
--- Pages YTD: 457
New York City Metro Area Fire Incidents
as dispatched over the Metro Notification System
for Wednesday February 5, 2003
(MNS) METRO NOTIFICATION SERVICE OF NEW YORK CITY
P.O. 790065, Flushing, NY 11379
Office: 718- 416-4030 Fax: 718-416-4125
Out of area: (888) 225-8866
Visit our Web-site: http://www.mnsny.com
We now have the ability to send our service (Especially accurate FDNY information) to your pager, cellphone or any Email address anywhere in the world.
For Information, please contact us at the addresses above.
Wednesday, February 5, 2003 - All times are Eastern Standard Time
U/D MANHATTAN 22-493 aof 21 Stuyvesant Oval Gas Explosion Top Fl Of 12 Brick OMD 425X225. NYC OEM Reports All Tenants On Floors 1-9 Except The "C" & "D" Lines Are Reoccupying Their Units (Approx 75 Families) Floors 10-12 Still Vacated As Are All "C"/"D" Line Apartments. [MNS30/342]
QUEENS: 75-4156 aof 55-40 Metropolitan Ave, 2nd Floor Rear Of 2 Brk 20x60, 1 Line S/O, DWH. MNS-5
U/D QUEENS: 75-4156 aof 55-40 Metropolitan Ave & Heavy Fire 2nd Floor Rear Of 2 Brick 20x60 Pd, 3 Lines Run, Add ENG & TRK S/C, DWH. MNS-5
U/D QUEENS: 75-4156 aof 55-40 Metropolitan Ave & Heavy Fire 2nd Floor Rear Of 2 Brick 20x60 Pd, 3 Lines Run, Fire K/D, PWH. MNS-5
BROOKLYN 75-1014 1010 Eastern Parkway Top Fl Fire 4 Brick 75x75 OMD NFI (MNS-516)
BROOKLYN 75-3100 AVE K @ East 35 ST 2 Sty Pd 20x40 Basement Fire (MNS-516
QUEENS W/F BOX-XXXX 107-05 157 ST @ 107 AVE 2 Sty frame 20x40 Small Fire Basement Return All Special Units U/C (MNS-516)
BROOKLYN 75-3721 aof 128 E 98 ST @ Rutland Rd., Commercial Building L174 FAST (MNS-30)
U/D BROOKLYN 75-3721 aof 128 E 98 ST @ Rutland Rd 1 Sty Commercial 25x60 Auto Body Shop Basement Fire 1 Line Run DIV-15 Enroute BN-38 I/C (MNS-30)
FINAL U/D BROOKLYN 75-3721 aof 128 E 98 ST @ Rutland Rd 1 Sty Commercial 25x60 Basement Fire Auto Body Shop All Fire K/D Primary Search Negative, Secondary Delayed Due To Heavy Smoke PWH DIV-15 I/C (MNS-30)
BROOKLYN 75-3338 aof 1645 E 19 St @ Clinton Rd 2 Sty 20x60 Fire 1st Fl 2 Lines Run 1 In Oper. BN-33 (MNS-30)
BROOKLYN: 75-3338 E.19 St & KINGS Highway, 1st Floor Of 2 Sty Frame 20x60, 1 Line S/O, DWH. MNS-5
FINAL U/D BROOKLYN 75-3338 aof 1645 E 19 St @ Clinton Rd 2 Frame 20x60 Pd Fire 1st Fl 2 Lines Run Fire K/D Pri Neg PWH DIV-15 I/C (MNS-30)
GREENLAWN (Suffolk) M.V.A With A Confirmed Pin. South East Corner Of Park & Pulaski. GFD. Chief(32) O/S Request A Rush On Heavy Rescue. Also Have SCPD Aviation Respond LZ is Park Opposite Incident. MNS 212
MANHATTAN: 20 E 46 ST Near 5TH AV/ FD Investigating An Odor In A 20 Story Commercial Building/ May Be Garbage In A Hallway/ Bldg's Occupants Self-evacuated/ MNS3
U/D MANHATTAN Odor In A Building (5 AV-46 ST) Investigation For Gas Leaks Is Negative/ MNS3
QUEENS 75-9412 132-51 Pople Ave. Fire 2 Sty Pd Fire K/D now U/C (MNS-30)
SI W/F BOX 1155 aof 35 Holland Ave @ Richmond Ave Fire In an OMD Aided In Distress L83 FAST (MNS-30)
SI 75-1155 10-77 (HI RISE OMD ASSIGN) aof 35 Holland Ave @ Richmond Ave. Fire 5th Fl of a OMD Main Body Fire K/D Heavy Smoke 1 10-45 CODE-2 (Critical Injury) DIV-8 I/C (MNS-30)
QUEENS ++FDNY/MVA++ 33 ST @ Queens Blvd RESCUE 4 In A Major MVA Officer & Firefighter Pined In Unit (MNS-30)
U/D SI 75-1155 10-77 (HI RISE OMD ASSIGN) aof 35 Holland Ave @ Richmond Ave 13 Brick 25x125 OMD Fire 5th Fl 1 10-45 Code-2 (Critical Injury) & 1 10-45 Code-3 (Serious Injury) Main Body Fire K/D Primary Search Underway DIV-8 I/C (MNS-30)
*UPDATE* ON QUEENS FDNY PIN JOB (QUEENS BL-33 ST) Now An Ems Signal 10-32 (Ground Transportation Incident) Involving FDNY RESCUE 4/ All 6 Members Of Rescue 4 And 1 Civilian Going To Hospital With Non-serious Injuries/ MNS-30/3
FINAL U/D SI 75-1155 10-77 (HI RISE OMD ASSIGN) aof 35 Holland Ave @ Richmond Ave 13 Sty 50x150 OMD Fire 5th Floor Primary Search Negative Secondary Underway Other Than 1 10-45 Code-2 & 1 10-45 Code-3 Fire PWH DIV-8 I/C (MNS-30)
QUEENS +CHEMICAL SPILL+ Inside Operating Room Of NY Hospital of Queens (Main St & Booth Memorial Ave) Large Spill of Formaldehyde With Several People Overcome/ MNS-3
*UPDATE* ON QUEENS Formaldehyde Spill (NY Hospital Queens-Booth Memorial Ave & Main St) Happened During An Operating Room Procedure/ FD Hazmat Advising All Responding Units To Wear Their SCBA Masks/ MNS-3
*UPDATE* QUEENS HAZMAT (NY Hospital Queens-Booth Memorial Ave & Main St) FD Reporting Approx. 6 Oz Of Formaldehyde Spilled In The Operating Room/ MNS-30/3
AMAGANSETT (SUFFOLK) NY W/F 1882 MONTAUK Highway.Amagansett Motel MNS101
BRONX W/F BOX 4122 aof 1033 Revere Ave @ Bruckner Blvd 2 Brick Att Pd Fire Top Fl NFI (MNS-30)
U/D AMAGANSETT (SUFFOLK) NY W/F 1882 MONTAUK Highway.APT #4 Amagansett Motel Fire Confined To One Apt FIRE U/C Units Taking Up NFI MNS101
MANHATTAN W/F BOX 1802 aof 570 W204 St @ Sherman Ave Top Fl OMD Aided In Distress S/C E-TK (MNS-30)
MANHATTAN 75-1802 aof 570 W 204 ST @ Sherman Ave 6 Brk 200x100 Cl3 Omd Fire Top Fl L56 FAST S/C E/TK Primary Search Underway Water On The Fire BN-19 (MNS-30)
U/D MANHATTAN 75-1802 aof 570 W 204 ST @ Sherman Ave 6 Brick 200x100 OMD Fire Top Fl 2 Lines Run 1 In Operation L56 FAST E75 L46 Were S/C BN-19 I/C BN-27 ALL HANDS CHIEF DIV-7 I/C (MNS-30)
FINAL U/D MANHATTAN 75-1802 aof 570 W 204 St @ Sherman Ave 6 Brk 200x100 Omd Fire Top Fl All Fire K/D Primary Search Negative Fire U/C DIV-7 (MNS-30)
MANHATTAN 75-1096 10-77 (HI RISE OMD ASSIGN + ALL HANDS) aof 903 Park Ave Fire In A 18 Sty Hi Rise OMD (MNS-30)
MANHATTAN *TRAIN-JOB* 1 Ave & E 14 St - FD/PD O/S Report a Person Under a Train * MNS-2
U/D MANHATTAN *TRAIN-JOB* 1 Ave & E 14 St - PD O/S Reports The victim is still alive - FD O/S attempting the Rescue Operation * MNS-2
U/D MANHATTAN *TRAIN-JOB* 1 Ave & E 14 St. Person Under The "L" Line Train. Female Victim Has Been Removed Out From Under The Train & Being Transported To Bellevue Hosp. Still Alive * MNS-2
JERSEY CITY (Hudson County) NJ **3RD ALARM** BOX @ 132 Wilkerson Avenue.. Deputy Reports Fire all floors of A 3 story Frame.... MNS142
BRONX W/F BOX 2561 aof 3rd Ave & 167 St. Fire 1st Fl OF 3sty non-fireproof. L31 FAST. BN26 I/C MNS085
BRONX 75-2561 aof 3411 3rd AVE. Fire 1st Fl Of 3sty 25x50 NFP. DC6 I/C RPTS Fire K/D, 2 LInes S/O, FIre D/W/H, Units Checking For Extension. MNS085/142
U/D JERSEY CITY (Hudson) NJ **3RD ALARM** @ 132 Wilkerson Avenue.. Deputy Reports 2 TL's In Operation (TL4 And TL11).. Reports Of 2 Adults And 1 Child Un-accounted For.. Fire Throughout A 3 Story Frame .. MNS142
**HEAVY RESCUE** ROSLYN (NASSAU) *MVA W/ PIN* Glen Cove Rd @ Habor Hills Rd. Pd O/S Reporting Victim Pinned And Unconscious. MNS250/432
U/D BX 75-2561 aof 3411 3rd Ave X E166 & E167 Sts. Fire 1st Fl Of 3sty 25x50 Nfp. Dc6 I/C Has A Heavy Smoke Condition, S/C Extra Truck Due To "Colliers Mansion Condition". Fire D/W/H. MNS085/142
U/D JERSEY CITY, NJ *3rd ALARM* 132 Wilkerson Ave. Deputy Reports Main Body K/D, Still Heavy Fire 3rd Floor, Searches Delayed On 3rd Floor.. Still DWH.. Now Shutting Down TL's... MNS142
U/D BRONX 75-2561 aof 3411 3rd AVE x E166 & E167 STS. FIRE 1st fl of 3sty 25x50 NFP. DC6 I/C still has a good smoke condition, units clearing out 1st fl, Primary search negative throughout, L55 New FAST Truck, still D/W/H. MNS085/142
FINAL U/D BRONX 75-2561 aof 3411 3rd AVE x E166 & E167 STS. Fire 1st FL OF 3sty 25X50 NFP. DC6 I/C reports searches Negative on 2nd & 3rd FL, 1st FL still underway. FIRE P/W/H. MNS085/142
TOWN OF MAMARONECK (WESTCHESTER) NY W/F Fenimore Rd X Avon/Mohegan Rds. Orig as car fire inside a garage, escalated to garage fully involved with possible extension to dwelling. [MNS342 ]
DC Firecom/Baltimore Metro Dispatch Report
Wed, 5 Feb 2003
BALTIMORE CO,MD: *WORKING FIRE* / DWELLING / 1027 HART RD / CO#29 - PROVIDENCE / E-292 RQSTS "FILL THE BOX" / RPTS A 2.5 STY WDFR DWELLING W/A BASEMENT FIRE / WFD ENRT. [DC/BMD/E*23] 08:58hrs.
U/D BALTIMORE CO,MD: WORKING FIRE / DWELLING / 1027 HART RD / INT COMMAND RPTS FIRE K/D / CHECKING FOR EXT. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 09:00hrs.
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
London Fire Brigade Daily Report
5 Feb 03
0954 E37 Peckham 4 pump fire, persons reported at Flat 38 Ruskin Park House, 6th flr apartment fire using 1 jet & 1 hosereel, 2 civilians rescued w/smoke inhalation.
1214 F28 Homerton Persons reported fire at Flat B, 91 Chatsworth Rd, 3rd flr apartment fire using 1 hosereel, 1 child rescued w/smoke inhalation.
2216 A31 Holloway 4 pump fire, persons reported at Flat 1, Alexandra National House on Seven Sisters Rd, 9-sty apartment bldg 50m x 30m, heavyfire in 2nd flr apartment with heavy smoke on all upper floors, 1 civilian rescued from 5th flr via ladder, 20 add'l civilians rescued, 4 w/smoke inhalation.
Runs for the day: 715
Runs for the year: 20054
LOS ANGELES, CA:
GREATER ALARM STRUCTURE FIRE:
On Wednesday, February 5, 2003 at 0044 hours fifteen companies of Firefighters, three Rescue Ambulances, one EMS District Captain and four Chief Officer Command Teams under the direction of Assistant Chief R. J. Defeo responded to a greater alarm structure fire at 3488 & 3498 W. 8th Street in the Koreatown area. First units on scene reported a 75’ x 75’ one story with mezzanine commercial dba “Rosen Music Studio” at 3488 W. 8th St. with heavy fire in two 30’ x 30’ rooms in the mezzanine area. Firefighters using handlines confined the fire to the two rooms with some attic involvement extending over a one story commercial dba “Keungana Korean Restaurant” at 3498 W. 8th St. That business sustained water damage, but no fire damage. The blaze was extinguished in forty-two minutes with no reports of injuries. The cause of the fire is listed as “suspicious” and the loss is estimated at $125,000. ($100,000 to structure and $25,000 to contents).
REPORT PREPARED BY:
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room OCD - E423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Brooklyn, N.Y. 02/05/03
All - Hands #1 @ 06:30
Crown Heights Section
address: 1012 Eastern Parkway
between: Troy Ave. & Schenectady Ave.
1014 @ 06:30
Engs. 234, 227, 214
Lads. 123, 111
Rescue Co. #2 assigned
10 - 75 - 1014 @ 06:34
Ladder 113 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Squad Co. #252
Batt. 57 Division 15
4 Story Brick 50 x 100 O. M. D.
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type detach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type detach
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1014 @ 06:40
Batt. 38 reports, Using All - Hands, fire on the top floor of a 4 story brick multiple dwelling. 1 - line stretched & operating, 2nd. line being stretched. Searches are underway. Doubtful.
Division 15: Primary search thru out is negative. Secondary searches are in progress. Truck's "Opening Up" Probably Will Hold.
Division 15: Secondary searches are negative. Fire UnderControl.
Brooklyn, N.Y. 02/05/03
All - Hands #2 @ 06:45
address: 1150 East 35th. Street
between: Ave. " J" & Ave. " K "
3100 @ 06:45
Engs. 255, 309, 323
Lads. 157, 159
10 - 75 - 3100 @ 06:49
Ladder 156 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2 from above
Squad Co. #1
Batt. 41 Division 15 from above
2 Story Frame 20 x 40 P. D.
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type attach
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 3100 @ 06:57
Batt. 33 reports, Box 3100, were using All - Hands for a fire in the basement of a 2 story private dwelling. 2 - lines stretched, 1 - line in operation. Truck's "Opening Up" Searches in progress. "K"
Batt. 33: Primary search of the 1st. floor is negative. Primary search of the 2nd. floor is negative. Primary search of the basement will be delayed due to a Collier's Mansion condition "K"
Primary & secondary searches on the 1st. & 2nd. floors are negative. Primary search still in progress in the basement due to the Collier's condition, Still Doubtful. "K"
Special Call an additional Truck for relief. TowerLadder 161 s/c
Division 15: Primary search of the basement is negative.
Probably Will Hold.
Division 15: Secondary search of the basement is negative.
Fire is UnderControl.
Feb. 5, 2003
Fatal Jersey City 3rd Alarm
Jersey City (Hudson) NJ at 22:04hrs Jersey City Fire Dispatch transmitted an alarm of fire at 132 Wilkerson Ave (Box 935). Eng Co. 22 leaving quarters (five blocks away) reported a smoke condition in the area. Eng Co 22 arrived at 22:07hrs and reported a working fire in a 3 stry frm occupied multple dwelling. Fire dispatch advised first arriving units they were receiving reports of children trapped on the third floor. Initial units made a valent attempt to reach the third floor, only to be fought back by a heavy fire condition throughout this building.
Batt 2 arrived and ordered a 2nd Alarm @ 2211hrs. At this time units were facing a high volume of fire on all flrs of this building. Deputy 1 Deputy Chief Thomas Kearny arrived and sized up the situation and determine there was indeed a very high volume fire consuming this fire building with possible exposure problems. Deputy Chief Kearny ordered towerladder 4 to set up in front of the building and transmitted a 3rd Alarm at 22:19hrs. Deputy Chief Kearny instructed the 3rd Alarm Truck Co. (T/L 11) to set up in the rear of the building and intructed the first due Eng Co. on the 3rd Alarm (Eng Co. 2) to feed the towerladder in the rear of the building. This was a stubborn fire as units reported the strong smell of natural gas inside the building. Units again made an attempt to reach the third flr only to find the staircase leading to the third flr had collaspe.
This fire was still raging out of control nearly 2.5hrs into the fire. Firefighters finally got a grip on the fire and initiated another search, however again finding the interior of this building suffered a collaspe and Deputy Chief Kearny ordered all units out of the fire buiding. An exterior attach was in efect as two towerladders, along with numerous handlines were in operation.
Suddenly units notice a crowd of people watching this blaze went into a frantic attack of a man watching the fire. This man was taken into police custody. It was later determined that this man was responsible for setting the blaze and after nearly 3.5hrs after this fire was intially reported, firefighters made a grim discovery. They found a mother and 2 childen deceased in the third fl right apartment, all huddled in the front room near the window. After an inital investigation it was determined that this fire was delibertly set and there also was a delay in reporting this fire. The Following is a breakdown of this fatal fire:
22:04hrsEng Co 22-19-8 Sqd-4 T/L 4 - Lad Co. 8 Batt-2 and Rescue Co. 1
22:07hrs W/F Dep 1 Batt 4 Eng Co. 13 Sqd 4
22:11hrs 2ND Alarm Eng Co. 10-17-9 T/L 11 Cars 3(COD)-26(Gong Club Canteen-30(Arson Investigation Unit)
22:19hrs 3rd Alarm Eng Co 2-11 Lad 7
0302hrs Watchline Eng Co 15 lad 9
Marc C. Wallace
Gong Club, Inc
LOS ANGELES, CA:
CIVILIAN FATALITY STRUCTURE FIRE:
On Wednesday, February 5, 2003 at 2338 Hours (11:38 PM PST), ten Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, three LAFD Rescue Ambulances, one EMS District Captain and two Chief Officer Command Teams, all under the direction of 14th Battalion Commander Daniel McCarty responded to a Civilian Fatality Structure Fire at 4329 North Colfax Avenue in Studio City. The first Company to arrive on scene reported a large three-story structure of apartments over parking with heavy smoke showing from one top floor unit. Firefighters used handlines to make a tenacious assault on the fire, confining the bulk of the blaze to furnishings within the unit of origin and extinguishing the flames in just 18 minutes. During a search of the involved unit that accompanied fire attack, Firefighters discovered an elderly adult male burnt, pulseless and non-breathing. Despite the quick response of Firefighters and perseverant efforts of Paramedics, the man was declared deceased shortly after arrival at Saint Joseph’s Medical Center. Two adult women neighbors who later complained of minor smoke irritation and chest discomfort were taken to nearby hospitals in good condition. There were no Firefighter injuries. No evidence was noted of a functional smoke alarm within the involved apartment. Monetary loss from this fire is estimated at $25,000 ($10,000 structure and $15,000 contents). The cause of this fatal fire is attributed to careless smoking.
REPORT PREPARED BY:
Yours in Safety and Service,
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room OCD - E423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
<A HREF="http://www.apbweb.com/">American Police Beat</A>
<A HREF="http://w1.332.telia.com/~u33206204/hemsida.htm">Chris Police Scanner Site</A>
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
"A division of TAC9 Paging"
615 Mount Pleasant Rd. Suite 209
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4S 3C5
Keith Hanley, Founder & Paging Coordinator
Bruce Hickox, Affiliates Coordinator
TAC9 is pleased to announce the rebirth of Toronto Firenet. TFN was originally formed as a pager group using the old advisor pagers. Now TFN is an all E-mail based group with it's dispatchers using state of the art 2-way pagers.
TFN uses TAC9's proprietary computer system. TFN sends pages to its members as well as customers & affiliate groups across North America.
Toronto Firenet pages Working Fires & greater, MVA's, EMS, PD, Haz-mat, and the like incidents in Greater Toronto, Ontario, Canada and Buffalo,NY. Their network of active dispatchers includes firefighters, EMS workers & buffs.
If interested in getting this info to your pager or wireless device please contact Toronto Firenet at email@example.com or via phone at 416-694-2899.
Thank you !
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2003 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved