Forum Member

Default "Crossing Over"...the line of good taste

Saw ol' John Edward doing his "reading" for the family of a 9/11 FDNY victim, and it sort of ticked me off.

To begin with, he's not that good. He's just like somebody trying to unlock a door; you keep trying keys until you find one that works. You have to go through 15 keys to open most doors, but occasionally you get lucky and the first key opens it. So he goes something like this most of the time:

JE: "He's telling me to acknowledge to a letter J, or a 'J' name, John, or Joey, or James, or Jamal, or Jamaica, or another tropical island, maybe Tahiti, or a place that starts with 'T', like the toilet..."

Exploited family member: "Oh my God, the night he died, he had used the toilet!"

JE (moving in for the kill): "Yes, I was about to say that..."

It is bad enough with anybody, but last night when I heard him say the following, my blood really boiled:

"He's telling me he's got this sense that you're angry, that you're upset with him. He's saying 'Please don't be mad, please don't be angry with me.'"

This is straight from Capt. Hatton's wife that worked w/Giuliani. She talked about her anger that he chose those strangers in that tower over her, that he took himself away from her for the benefit of people he didn't know.

Maybe ol' John read this somewhere, or maybe he's just a well-studied student of human emotions that knows what to expect from people in particular situations.

Either way, he is very tacky and cruel, and should go back to his other job, which was as the stunt double for Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich.

Lars...
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

...John. Separated at birth?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Thread Information