MembersZone Subscriber

Default Structure Fire SOG/SOP

Does your department have an SOG/SOP for response to a structure fire and/or automatic fire alarm?

If you can, please post it here or e-mail it to me by clicking on my profile.

Thanks in advance for your help Brothers and Sisters.
    Last edited by WTFD10; 02-15-2003 at 11:12 AM.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

I can't post it in it's entirety but here is the gist:

3 Engines, 1 Ladder, and BC for all Master Boxes, Automatic Alarms and Still Boxes (one phone call recieved for a fire, or any other condition that could be a possible fire such as smell of smoke, or smoke detectors going off, assigned to the nearest street box for reference purposes.)

3 Engines, 1 Ladder, 1 Rescue (EMS) and BC for all of the above with multiple calls or a street box pulled in the vicinity of the call.

2 Engines, 1 Ladder, and BC for all street boxes without back up confirmation.

If a confirmed fire, filled in with 4th Engine, M/A Ladder and 2 EMS rescues, 1 if there wasn't one on the initial dispatch.
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

Let me be a little more specific.

If you have 3 engines and a squad or truck responding on the first alarm, do you have something that says first due engine will be attack, second due will take a hydrant and pull a backup line, squad/truck will do ventilation and search, etc. or is everything left up to the IC to assign?

Thanks.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

1st Engine is attack. 2nd due Engine is water supply unless 1st due is sitting on a hydrant. 2nd will lay dual 3" feeders and tie in to both hydrant and 1st due, then stretch back up line. 3rd Engine will either stretch 3rd line or perform search. Truck will vent, search, entry, and rescue. 1st rescue will secure utilities and then search. 4th Engine will be FAST Co. 2nd Truck if called will assist at IC discretion. 2nd Rescue will either set up EMS or be used at the IC's discretion.
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

Thread Information