Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prices?

Forum Member

Default Prices?

Given the economy is bad , we all need to save money. Any ideas on the regular prices for the most popular aerials from all the big players?
    Platforms?
    Ladders?
    Quints?

Stay Safe.
    Later.

Just bought two new 75' single axle quints from Sutphen - approx $550,000. But had some extras like painting the body and ALL LED lighting.

Buying three new 90+' platforms and gonna be around $800k.

MembersZone Subscriber

My department purchased a Pierce 105' ladder on the Dash Chassis w/diesel generator for $560,000 in January 02, the same truck as Cambridge Mass Ladder 4

I have the prices of a few aerials from E-One in the greater Boston area. Unfortunately, you will only see the cost of manufacturing a firetruck go up. It usually never goes down. Thats why these companies have the low end budget division like Defender from ALF, Tradition from E-One, and Contender from Pierce. If you want something that performs but is cheap, you go that route. Otherwise you wont find a deal.

Waltham Ma just took delivery of an E-One mid-mount tower at a cost of $750,000. Now if I recall, that did not include much if any extra equipment. Westwood Ma took delivery of an E-One mid-mount HP100 at a price of $700,000 again as I recall with no extra equipment.

Now Carlisle Ma on the other hand bought a parade pony of a ladder from E-One, which includes the kitchen sink. This their very first ladder truck came in at a total cost of $900,000. The suprising thing is that its a volunteer department which recieves minimal funding from the town. All the money spent on the ladder there was raised with fundraisers. Due to the fact that it was the first ladder they have ever owned, they had to buy all new equipment for it. From stem to stern, there is not an old/used piece of equipment on it. In the cabs crew area, they have converted most of the space into a kitchen. They have 2 SCBA ready seats, one behind the driver, one behind the officer and 2 flip down seats on the back wall of the cab. But the kitchen includes a coffee maker, a microwave, a 3 well soup warmer, a refrigerator stocked with cold bottled water and storage for an assortment of soups and other foods. I found it quite interesting.

Now in Reading, where I live, we have an E-One 110' rearmount that we bought 10 years ago. Then it was $395,000, so I would imagine that now it may cost arount $500,000 or so but dont quote me on that.

Kevin

Forum Member
    www.gvfd.org

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Scott you beat me to it. I was going to post that as well.

What he's posted is the price list for the Houston-Galveston Area Council. This is a Co-Op buying effort that lets us pick what we want without going through a bid process, because all of the manufacturers have already bid on everything, and these are their prices. Fees on apparatus purchases are about $2K. Also, having just been through this with a heavy rescue, what you'll probably get as a list price from your local rep will be about 3-5% higher. But it's at least a ballpark figure for you. That and when you're up in the half million dollar range, what's another few thousand?

Forum Member

I just went through the spec/bid/buy process on a full-sized ladder quint about two years ago, and the results from that were something like this:

For a 100' (-ish) quint, you'll probably be looking at somewhere between $525K and $600K today, depending on manufacturer, what bells & whistles you want, and how badly the manufacturer wants to make the sale. A bit less for bargain manufacturers, but then you get what you pay for, too.

For a straight ladder (take off the pump, tank & hose capacity), you can deduct $100K to $150K, depending on your original pump spec.

Platforms are another animal entirely. You can easily spend $800K to $900K on a platform quint. Removal of the pump/tank hose gives you savings similar to the straight ladder.

Hope this helps you.

I think you would be hard pressed to buy a 100' quint for 600k. Like I said earlier, we just purchased two 75' quints from Sutphen for 550k each. Granted, the following options pushed the price a little:
    - Entire body painted
    - Driver side roll-ups
    - TOTAL LED lighting
    - 1500gpm Hale pump
    - CAT C12
    But it would still be about $500k for a 75'.

We are specing 3 90+' Platforms that will be well over $700k. Closer to $800k.

The 110' Magnum Sutphen is easily 1 mil if speced with LED's, roll-ups, etc.

Forum Member

Back in 89 we purchased our 65' Sutphen Quint Platform for about $325,000.
    Canopy cab, no a/c, 350HP V-6 Detroit, 1500 GPM pump,.

City just north of us purchased a yr ago a Pierce Quint 100' Platform and paid roughly $750,000.

The city has $900,000 set aside on paper for a new Truck in the current 5 yr. plan.

We would like a Quantum 105' Platform with the independent frt. suspension. Maybe we should think about a MILLION $$$$$.

We can still dream can't we?

Million dollars for a Fire Truck. Hard to believe.

Forum Member

Default Bronto 135 ?

I heard recently that a department on the east coast paid $1 million for a 135 Bronto.
    Anyone to confirm this?

Later.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Where does the money go??

A 100' ladder before the toys tops $650,000.00 that alot of cheese.
    " Be safe brothers, WE ALL GO HOME"

WSFDEXPLR
    Firehouse.com Guest

North Topsail Beach Fire Department in North Carolina has a 1999 Sutphen 75' mid-mount and cost about 400,000 with a 400 tank and full hose bed.

Marion, VA

Two 75 foot E-One Cyclone 2ís purchased December 23 2002 for $408,000 each. Came with 400 hp Cummins large blocks, big tranny, Jake, 2000 gpm, 40 gal foam, hydraulic generators, fixed floods, full ladder package, alloy wheels, rollup doors, 3 crosslays one bumper bed. All the normal goodies.

Lease payment per rig is $48,900 for 10 years.

Thread Information