Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Event Planning

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Event Planning

I'm helping to plan a large event (5,000 to 10,000 people) in the Dallas area this summer. In years past the event has been small enough where we have not had to worry about most of the logistical planning, however this year we have expanded exponetially. The event is being help in a convention center/hotel and would basically be utilizing the entire space. Our layout for the event is not a standard convention type layout. All the spaces will be filled with many electrontic devices (read computers).

My question is... How much interaction should there be between the event planners and fire department?

I am already figuring on giving a walk through a day before the event for the first due guys. Should I be meeting with the department (Dallas FD) to give them our layout plans, etc well in advance of the convention, or is an informal pre-event meeting good enough?

As far as EMS goes... We will have at least one medic and three emts on hand, but none of them are certified in Texas.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Default Event Planning

I would check with the Dallas Fire Department and see what they would like you to do. See what they would like as for floor plans, EMS areas, etc.
    "The uniform is supposed to say something about you. You get it for nothing, but it comes with a history, so do the right thing when you're in it."
    Battalion Chief Ed Schoales
    from 'Report from Ground Zero' pg 149
    I.A.C.O.J. Member

Thread Information