Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default cincinnati apparatus

anyone see on seagraves website that cincinnati took delivery of a detailed SEAGRAVE first time i seen that i was like man casue im sue to them having all trucks that look like this:

http://www.cincyfirerigs.com/engine8.htm

not trying to start anything but this is the first time i have seen cincinnati take something detailed from seagrave.

here is the truck they took delivery of well maybe cause they send them back alot because of the specs are wrong:

http://www.seagrave.com/What_s_New/78a60.jpg

that thing sure is perdy lookin!

anyone know why cincinnati dont use any of there Freightliner FL-80 / Ferrara trucks, they have them all for spares, if it was me i would take some of them older trucks and put them as spares and put the freightliners in front line service. anyone know the reason why they do this?
    here is a picture of one:

http://www.cincyfirerigs.com/engine37x.htm

looks like now days there ordering all seagraves. they sue to order mainly e-one by the look on www.cincyfirerigs.com

now for there ladder trucks i would get something cause they dont look right, but heck thats me and i know look isnt the thing but i just wanted to speak out and see what eveyone else thinks. sorry e-one fans but the trucks they have i really dont like but like i said before as long as it gets the job done.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

anyone know why cincinnati dont use any of there Freightliner FL-80 / Ferrara trucks, they have them all for spares, if it was me i would take some of them older trucks and put them as spares and put the freightliners in front line service. anyone know the reason why they do this?

Probably because FReightliners are pieces of sh*t!!! They ARE NOT built for reliable fire department service!!!

We have 13, soon to be 18 inservice and they are NOT holding up as well as our Sutphens!! Of course we put more miles on them than 99% of departments- some units are averaging 25-35k miles/ year!!

Our FL-60 rescues are about 100k miles a year.

Arrow Cincinnati F.D.

It would be nice if Cincinnati was buying Seagrave apparatus. The rig that is shown on the Seagrave web site and identified as being delivered to Cincinnati is actually for the Madison/Fairfax Fire District (that District has a new name now, but I can't remember what it is) on the eastern side of Hamilton County.

C.F.D. currently has 8 E-One engines on order that are due to begin arriving in April (I believe). They just took delivery of a new E-One aerial a couple of weeks ago.

The 6 Freighliner/Ferrara engines that were delivered in 1997 were purchased as inexpensive rigs that were to be used as spares. None of these pumpers has ever been assigned to a company full-time.

If you would like additional information about the C.F.D. and their apparatus, check out the CFD History Page and for questions regarding the department, go to the Forums section of the site.

The photo below shows one of the spares in service at Engine 50.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information