Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Talking This Just In From Deepest, Darkest.....

ENGLAND. HAH! You thought I was gonna say Africa, didn't you? Well this is from England, but I figured we needed a slight change in pace from the depressing stuff that has been running through the news lately. Stayback seems to have left us to our own devices yet again.... "Oh Stayback.. O Stayback.... Where art tho?"

The village of Tiddleywink: Back on the road, if not the map. Canadian Press Thursday, February 20, 2003

LONDON (AP) - Tiny but proud, the village of Tiddleywink is back.

Four years ago, the only road sign pointing to the southern English hamlet was knocked over in an accident. Adding to its obscurity, the village was omitted from the current edition of the Collins British Atlas and Gazetteer. Now, after campaigning by residents, Wiltshire County Council has put up two new road signs - a first step toward restored recognition for the cluster of eight cottages that make up the village. There was no immediate comment from the atlas publisher.

"It's good news, because people didn't know where we were," said Denis White, 79, a Tiddleywink resident for 40 years. "The name does make people smile. They usually say, 'What a lovely address.' "

Tiddleywink shares its name with the children's game - now spelled tiddlywinks - and originates with the 18th-century rhyming slang for "drinks."

Back when the old sign was up, tourists liked to have their photographs taken next to it, recalled council member Jane Scott.

"Goodness knows what will happen when the visitors come back in the summer," she said.

© Copyright 2003 The Canadian Press
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

i wonder what kind of fire protection they have..haha if any. i guess if they had a fire the whole villege would burn down
    -JEFF G

RES49CUE
    Raritan Twp,NJ

49-56
    "Have Jaws, Will Travel"

Thread Information