Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default with all this talk about fire engine colors..........

since there has been all this talk about what color is the best color of fire trucks, i been wondering why are your trucks the color they are. sycamore township a few towns over has green and gold fire trucks, the reason why they have these colors of trucks is because green and gold are there town colors.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Default Colors

Only true fire trucks are RED Nuf Said!
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

I really don't know why. Our trucks used to be red a long time ago, like 20-30 years. then we repainted them to limegreen, and the about 5-10 years ago, we added a white top, the w white reflective strip.

the only way to go is red with a little white or red and black. but no matter what red has to be the main color. forget the town colors go with red
    -JEFF G

RES49CUE
    Raritan Twp,NJ

49-56
    "Have Jaws, Will Travel"

im talking about the guys without red trucks, and why they choose that color
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

We went to lime green around 1979 after seeing a demo on how much better the green showed at night verse the "traditional" red. Since that time, now with all the reflective striping, it's not as big a deal but we never saw the need to switch back. People will quote studies showing this and that in response to your question. I've read some and not read others, we just went with what we saw in reality, not someone elses words.

The color of the truck does not make it a better truck, and the amount of dirt/soot/crap on your gear doesn't make you a better firefighter.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Default Colors

Our squads are white/kelly green/yellow. This is due to
    its the local school colors. An easier to tell them apart
    from the local private services.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

WSFDEXPLR
    Firehouse.com Guest

WSFD has 5 new rigs, 2 Spartan engines,1 Spartan 85' tower, 1 104' Sutphen, and an off the shelf Pierce rescue all with the with white over red paint job. All "newer" rigs are solid red with the older and reserve trucks are slime lime and white. Don't know why they are this color.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Team Yellow Leads the Way

You can check the history of our department on our web page, www.hancockvfd.com because I can't recall the exact year we decided to paint the trucks YELLOW...not Slime Green, or Snot Colored.

"The color of the truck does not make it a better truck, and the amount of dirt/soot/crap on your gear doesn't make you a better firefighter" Thank You Bones!

We like the YELLOW, it looks sharp, and our neighbors are even claiming it is growing on them. The yellow does show up better at night, and I treally makes the lights stand out when you need to warn traffic, or just plain move them.

As of last week, every truck we have active in our little fleet is yellow. Our Captain just finished painting our Bruch Truck (Truck 3). Even threw in some flames on the hood!

We had a 1989 Ambulance donated to us to use as a Rescue, that is slated for the paint booth in the next few weeks.

Remeber what Bones said, the color of the truck doesn't make it a better truck.

Proud to be Team Yellow!

Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

I'm glad our trucks are not our school colors, I don't think a purple and gold fire truck would be the most sightly piece ever.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Thread Information